Big NBA Trade!

You Nega-Shaqs need to stop raining on HD's parade. Now, next season will be interesting no matter what happens. What do you want to see, the Lakers take it all again (LA fans keep quiet)? I'd rather take a nap.

I'll be following the Cavs come November. Should be fun to see what happens, and who eats crow after it's done. :)

The only question that has to be asked to assess this trade: Are the Cavs better today than they were yesterday? The overwhelming answer is YES.

I agree...but the REAL question is, is this enough to get them over the top....? You can't say yes or no. I thought that going into the playoffs, they had enough to win it all....and they didn't. IF Shaq can stay healthy.....there is no reason to believe they cannot win it all.

I agree...but the REAL question is, is this enough to get them over the top....? You can't say yes or no. I thought that going into the playoffs, they had enough to win it all....and they didn't. IF Shaq can stay healthy.....there is no reason to believe they cannot win it all.

We had the best record in the league last year. We ran into a bad matchup with Orlando. Now, we have a counter to that matchup issue. Will it be enough? Time will tell, but I don't think the Cavs are done wheeling and dealing either.

BTW, there's no telling if Orlando will be as good as they were either or if the Cavs will even have to face them again in the Playoffs. BTW, they still didn't re-sign Hedu Turkaglu.

Not denying that Shaq is not the Shaq of yester-year. However, we improved the team through a trade.

When healthy, The Diesel didn't show any signs that he couldn't run with the wild offense of Phoenix last year, did he? He was an All-Star and averaged 18 pts, 8.5 rebounds after all. Still VERY good numbers by all means.

Still, despite the criticism, no one has posed an alternate trade the Cavs could've gotten for the same players we gave up in Wallace and Pavlovic. If you're going to knock it, tell me why and how it could've been a better trade. I'll trust that Ferry and Gilbert have made this decision based on the fact that it was the best possible solution to shoring up our Center position.

BTW, just so everyone knows, Shaq has 1 year left on his contract. After this year, he as well as Zydrunas Illgausgas are off the books.

At that time you can expect the Cavs to pursue Chris Bosh. Anyone for a LeBron/Bosh combo in the years 2011 thur- ???? :eek:

Well, I am not suprised by A trade on behlaf of the Cavs...just surprised on THIS trade. I say that because I thought they need more height at the guard position and more athletic ability at the other forward spots....and NO, I am NOT saying Lebron is not athletic....:rolleyes:

And as far as Bosh....don't count your chickens just yet....there are quite a few teams that have plenty to say so in the Bosh race...Miami, Detroit and New York are ALSO front runners with just as much, if not more money to offer as Cleveland does.;)

I can see next season already, both LJ and SO walking off the court once again after exiting the playoffs prematurely .. deja vu?? Damn I need to keep quiet.

I just remembered that the Draft is tonight. As it stands we pick at #30. Could've this move been made prior to the draft for a reason? Hmmm...

I have a feeling that Ferry’s next move in tonight’s draft will clarify this deal some.

Stay tuned, this may get very interesting....

Not denying that Shaq is not the Shaq of yester-year. However, we improved the team through a trade.

When healthy, The Diesel didn't show any signs that he couldn't run with the wild offense of Phoenix last year, did he? He was an All-Star and averaged 18 pts, 8.5 rebounds after all. Still VERY good numbers by all means.

Eveyone's numbers on the Suns are affected by the fact that they have so many possessions, due to the nature of their offense. I'll be shocked if his numbers come anywhere near that with Cleveland. And Lebron is still going to take a lot of shots.

Still, despite the criticism, no one has posed an alternate trade the Cavs could've gotten for the same players we gave up in Wallace and Pavlovic. If you're going to knock it, tell me why and how it could've been a better trade. I'll trust that Ferry and Gilbert have made this decision based on the fact that it was the best possible solution to shoring up our Center position.

I'm not saying there was an alternate trade available. I'm just not as sure as some of you that this is the trade that changes the balance of power in the East.

In fact, I think Kevin Garnett returning to the Celtics will have much more of an effect than Shaq coming to Cleveland. I was critical of the Suns when they picked up Shaq, and look what happened to them. Nobody was moaning about me being critical of the Suns because I guess nobody here is from Phoenix.

I criticize New York and my teams all the time. But some people hate when you don't bow to their team.

Anyone for a LeBron/Bosh combo in the years 2011 thur- ???? :eek:

Yeah...on the KNICKS!!!

:eek: :D ;)

Sandra

Last edited:
We had the best record in the league last year. We ran into a bad matchup with Orlando. Now, we have a counter to that matchup issue. Will it be enough? Time will tell, but I don't think the Cavs are done wheeling and dealing either.

BTW, there's no telling if Orlando will be as good as they were either or if the Cavs will even have to face them again in the Playoffs. BTW, they still didn't re-sign Hedu Turkaglu.

Don't count on Hedu....he is gone...and the heavy rumor is Phlly. IF the Sixers pick him up, I think they JUMP PAST Orlando as the #3 team in the East.

Just thought of something....

If Shaq is our new starting center, this will mean Big-Z will come off the bench. He played back-up minutes last year, so I think this is a perfect role for him.

Oh, btw, Z is 7'3". I see this creating mismatches off the bench. Most opposing teams don't have an answer for a backup 7'3" baller!

I'm not saying there was an alternate trade available. I'm just not as sure as some of you that this is the trade that changes that balance of power in the East.

In fact, I think Kevin Garnett returning to the Celtics will have much more of an effect than Shaq coming to Cleveland. I was critical of the Suns when they picked up Shaq, and look what happened to them. Nobody was moaning about me being critical of the Suns because I guess nobody here is from Phoenix.

I criticize New York and my teams all the time. But some people hate when I don't bow to their team.

Yeah...on the KNICKS!!!

:eek: :D ;)

Sandra

DAMN.....I agree with everything you stateed above!!!:eek::eek:;)

That last line....damn that was low...BUT funny and a possibility.:D

Sandra

Check the steps this team has made:

In 2006-2007, the Cavs went to the NBA Finals, but lost to the Spurs.

In 2007-2008, the Cavs came within a Game 7 of beating the Celtics without the team they have now (Mo Williams, etc.) and the Celtics still had a full squad, including Garnett.

In 2008-2009, the Cavs had the best regular season record, but came-up short against the Magic in the ECF.

So, in 2 of the last 3 years, the Cavs lost to the eventual NBA Champ. More than any other team, this Cavs team has proven to be on the verge of breaking through. They've certainly been the most consistent in advancing far these last few years in the playoffs.

Here's to hoping 2010 is that year! This year, it's Championship or bust. There is 1 goal and 1 goal only.

If Shaq is our new starting center, this will mean Big-Z will come off the bench. He played back-up minutes last year, so I think this is a perfect role for him.

Oh, btw, Z is 7'3". I see this creating mismatches off the bench. Most opposing teams don't have an answer for a backup 7'3" baller!

BUT this mismatch will only help as to how many fouls they can give opposing centers. They are BOTH slow...and against the more athletic centers like a Dwight Howard or a Samuel Dalembert...they will have a hard time keeping up.

Think of the mismatches if they're on the court together! You guys will be slower than turtles, but awfully strong in the paint.

Check the steps this team has made:

In 2006-2007, the Cavs went to the NBA Finals, but lost to the Spurs.

In 2007-2008, the Cavs came within a Game 7 of beating the Celtics without the team they have now (Mo Williams, etc.) and the Celtics still had a full squad, including Garnett.

In 2008-2009, the Cavs had the best regular season record, but came-up short against the Magic in the ECF.

So, in 2 of the last 3 years, the Cavs lost to the eventual NBA Champ. More than any other team, this Cavs team has proven to be on the verge of breaking through. They've certainly been the most consistent in advancing far these last few years in the playoffs.

Here's to hoping 2010 is that year! This year, it's Championship or bust. There is 1 goal and 1 goal only.

You are more than welcome to your 'glass half full' mentality, HD.

Sandra

All of you can go straight to hell. :p

It's not my fault that all of YOUR teams are sitting with their hands up their asses while MY team tries to improve! It's ok. Keep it up y'all. It's gonna be one helluva show every night with the Cavs. BTW, jealously is the biggest form of flattery.

Last edited:
You Nega-Shaqs need to stop raining on HD's parade. Now, next season will be interesting no matter what happens. What do you want to see, the Lakers take it all again (LA fans keep quiet)? I'd rather take a nap.

I'll be following the Cavs come November. Should be fun to see what happens, and who eats crow after it's done. :)

:shh

Desperate?! LMAO! Desperate is a strong word. But yes, team ownership realizes what we have right now and wants to win NOW. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Dan Gilbert and company have found out this year that we need to improve the Center position in order to win. We've addressed that issue with the signing of Shaq.

Plus, this sends yet another signal to LeBron that team ownership is committed to winning each and every year, whatever it takes. And that may be the most important aspect of the entire trade since LeBron has 1 year left on his contract here in Cleveland.

We're all in. This is it. 2010 here we come!

sorry, hate to burst your bubble but this reeks of desperation. cleveland has a boat load of centers but no real power forward. yes, shaq had a good year last season. but, at 37, it doesn't mean he's got another one.

if the cavs wanted to apease lebron, they should have traded for someone younger who can add stability to the roster. shaq has, maybe, one more year left in the tank.

its like the vikes thinking they are going to win the super bowl if they sign favre. it reeks of desperation. if it wins you a title, great. but it won't win you titles. there's a HUGE difference!

Wimbledon 2009

ANGEL PITCHER KILLED IN CRASH!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)