AL CENTRAL

And there goes my excitement for the 2009 Tribe season....

Clifford has now breezed through 2 more innings after giving up 4 following that line drive off his forearm in the 2nd.

Guess I spoke too soon. The very next inning, the Rangers smacked Cliffy around for two more scores for 7 runs total!

This performance today is especially worrisome since Cliff was terrible in Spring Training also. I would've thought I could expect more from a reining Cy Young winner! Let me give you all a clue on how dominating Cliffy was last year. Today Cliff gave up 7 earned runs in 5 innings. In 2008, it took Cliff 8 games (53.2 innings) to give up 7 eared runs!!!!

Hopefully this is just a bad start and he gets it figured out soon. If you guys remember, C.C. Sabathia started off slow for us last year before regaining his usual dominant form. He had 4 absolutely dreadful games to start 2008 and an ERA of 13.50 before turning his season around. Hopefully Cliffy figures it out like Sabathia did.

One bad opening day does not define a whole year.

Easy there, HD...there's 161 more to go. Are you not only a homer but a fair-weather fan????:p We know you better than that.

I'm off shortly to the "Big A" for tonight's season opener. Hopefully, we can lay into the A's the way the Rangers did the Tribe!!!!!:up:up

For more proof that early games are not important in the long haul, see the 1995 Indians.

They dropped two of three to start the year, and had a 5-4 record after 9 games before turning on the juice.

Or the Cavs- lost on Opening Night, but have since won 62 games.

Easy there, HD...there's 161 more to go. Are you not only a homer but a fair-weather fan????:p We know you better than that.

I'm off shortly to the "Big A" for tonight's season opener. Hopefully, we can lay into the A's the way the Rangers did the Tribe!!!!!:up:up

I've been called a lot of things, but fair-weather was never one of them. I know you're just kidding, but I stick with my teams through thick and thin, always!

HDMM,
If it makes you feel any better, Sabathina struggled mightily today.
Verlander is struggling
I'm sure there are others as well.

It's only one game ....

Jimbo

HDMM,
If it makes you feel any better, Sabathina struggled mightily today.
Verlander is struggling
I'm sure there are others as well.

It's only one game ....

Jimbo

Yeah, I was watching that game on YES via the free preview of MLB EI via D*!

That and the Tigers loss makes me feel better today. :)

Yeah, I was watching that game on YES via the free preview of MLB EI via D*!

I was watching the free preview as well, caught a a few innings of the Dodgers game with Vince Scully, pretty cool. Figuring it was the secind inning and the tigers were down 4-0 already!

Glad you're feeling better. If they would have gotten beaten down in the middle of June, you wouldn't think much of it...its a long season. Keep hope alive! :)

I was watching the free preview as well, caught a a few innings of the Dodgers game with Vince Scully, pretty cool. Figuring it was the secind inning and the tigers were down 4-0 already!

Another thing that caught my eye was that the YES HD broadcast was noticeably a lot better than the ESPN broadcast. (Both had the Yanks/O's game on).

Glad you're feeling better. If they would have gotten beaten down in the middle of June, you wouldn't think much of it...its a long season. Keep hope alive! :)

Yep. And as Jorney says, "Don't Stop Believing"!!!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip1zsUIosoA"]Journey - Don't Stop believing[/ame]

OK, who actually PLAYS sports?

Shaq once had a video game of his own- a fighting game!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts