AL CENTRAL

I'm trying to look at teh MLB EI free package for a bit and am finding every team has a SD/HD and both the home and road feeds available .... except Detroit.
Detroit is shown on 728, but NOT 728.1 and the opposition feed is not availabe either.

Any ideas why this is ?

Maybe the fact that it's a FSN + game has something to do with it, but you would think the opposition wouild have thier feed as well (Toronto)

Jimbo

Tigers win tonight to get thier first of the year.
Perry pitched the 8th inning and got them 1,2,3.,thru the heart of the order.

Avoiding the sweep and getting an early win could be a good thing.

Last year, they lost their first seven.

1-2 is much better than 0-7.

Nice win, that was needed!, great to see Perry take them down 1,2,3!!

Yes,
Perry looked pretty good for his debut in the big leagues.
What did they say, he's only 20 yrs old ?

I was expecting him to come in when Porcello makes his debut, kinda like Verlander and Zumaya did a few years back.
Porcello goes today at 12:45.

You can watch his debut on D* 663 also on MLB EI ...
Also on XM Radio 178 today.

Jimbo

Team Analysis. Day 2

Welp, my Injuns aren't exactly off to the best start. (0-2 for the season).

I can tell you boys one thing though. Those Texas Rangers can sure as hell mash the hell out of the ball! Seriously, 1 thru 9, they can all hit like Champions! Beware AL West.

Game 3 to conclude the Indians visit to Arlington will commence today at 2pm. This game holds anticipation in the hearts of many Indians fans as it will feature the debut of newly confident and hopefully revived Carl Pavano. C-Pav will duel against Texas' Brandon McCarthy. Good luck Paison!

BTW, my beloved Mark DeRosa isn't exactly lighting the world on fire in his debut with the Indians. 0 for 8 to start the season. Ouch! My preseason fantasy trade with SabresRule in which I traded Jason Giambi for DeRo doesn't look too promising after 2 games (3 games for Giambi).

This game holds anticipation in the hearts of many Indians fans as it will feature the debut of newly confident and hopefully revived Carl Pavano. C-Pav will duel against Texas' Brandon McCarthy. Good luck Paison!

So much for that. :(

Somewhere Alyssa Milano is laughing uncontrollably about her ex-squeeze and former Yankee pariah Carl Pavano and his dog-dick ugly first outing with the Tribe! C-Pav gave up 9, yes 9 runs in 1 inning of work. (Technically he made it to the 2nd, but didn't record a single out before being pulled).

Not a good way to introduce yourself to your new club. For those of you who are counting at home, in 3 games, Indians starting pitching (Lee, Carmona and Pavano) has given up 22 runs in 11 innings of work. :eek:

In all fairness, some Indians have come to play. Most notably, Grady Sizemore who is 2 for 4 with 2 HR and 4 RBI in 7 innings of work. The Indians have battled back and they're only trailing 11-6 in the 7th. Wooptey doo since we've been playing catchup since C-Pav gave the club a 9-0 deficit to start the game.

To say these last 3 days have dampened my excitement for tomorrow's Home Opener would be a wicked understatement. :(

Somewhere Alyssa Milano is laughing uncontrollably about her ex-squeeze and former Yankee pariah Carl Pavano and his dog-dick ugly first outing with the Tribe! C-Pav gave up 9, yes 9 runs in 1 inning of work. (Technically he made it to the 2nd, but didn't record a single out before being pulled).

Not a good way to introduce yourself to your new club. For those of you who are counting at home, in 3 games, Indians starting pitching (Lee, Carmona and Pavano) has given up 22 runs in 11 innings of work. :eek:

I'll give them a pass because of who they had to face.

Year in and year out, the Texas Rangers are known for power-hitting and great offense.

When you go up against the likes of Ian Kinsler, Jarod Saltalamacchia, Michael Young, Hank Blalock, and Josh Hamilton (Mark Teixeira and Alfonso Soriano also were on the team for a while), that is no easy task.

It's not like they got shelled by the Nationals.

So much for that. :(

In all fairness, some Indians have come to play. Most notably, Grady Sizemore who is 2 for 4 with 2 HR and 4 RBI in 7 innings of work. The Indians have battled back and they're only trailing 11-6 in the 7th. Wooptey doo since we've been playing catchup since C-Pav gave the club a 9-0 deficit to start the game.

To say these last 3 days have dampened my excitement for tomorrow's Home Opener would be a wicked understatement. :(

HD keep your head up, it's a longgggggggg season. :)

In 1998 the Yankees started 0-3 and ended up 114-48. :eek:

HD keep your head up, it's a longgggggggg season. :)

In 1998 the Yankees started 0-3 and ended up 114-48. :eek:

Thanks for that. :up

I just wear my heart on my sleeve too often.

Once I step into the grounds of Jacobs Field tomorrow I will feel better. I just hope to leave on a good note too.

Come on Tribe! It's rally time! Let's start this '09 season already!

The Home Opener is Here!

Good day fellas!

On a positive note, I do have the chance to see my Indians earn their first win this year, even though it may come 3 loses after the season opener.

At 4pm today, Tribe youngster, Scott Lewis will face off against Toronto's Scott Richmond.

I'm just hoping the rain holds off. Scattered thunderstorms are expected all day with temperatures hovering around 40°F. Not an ideal day for an opener (yesterday or this weekend would've been perfect as it is supposed to be 50°F and sunny), yet I will still be there to root on my beloved home team.

Hey, hey, hey Go Tribe!

And in the infamous words of Journey......... "Don't Stop Believing!"

Congratulations Sandy Alomar!

It's a long way off, but on August 1st Sandy Alomar will be honored by the Cleveland Indians. He will be inducted to the Cleveland Indians Hall of Fame. I couldn’t be happier as Sandy represents the greatest era of Indians baseball in my lifetime.

One particular season that stands out to me in Sandy's career has to be his amazing season in 1997. He batted .324 for the year and was responsible for one of my proudest moments ever as a Tribe fan. The All-Star game was in Cleveland and Sandy Alomar scored the MVP trophy after blasting a two-run shot that turned out to be the game winner. I just remember it landing in the bleachers and the scramble of fans to grab the ball. I remember seeing the stands just bouncing like a mosh pit at a Rage Against the Machine show. The stadium surely seemed like it could implode at any time following that homer. Wow. I have goosebumps just thinking of that day!

Congrats Sandy! And thanks for the memories!

Good day fellas!

On a positive note, I do have the chance to see my Indians earn their first win this year, even though it may come 3 loses after the season opener.

At 4pm today, Tribe youngster, Scott Lewis will face off against Toronto's Scott Richmond.

I'm just hoping the rain holds off. Scattered thunderstorms are expected all day with temperatures hovering around 40°F. Not an ideal day for an opener (yesterday or this weekend would've been perfect as it is supposed to be 50°F and sunny), yet I will still be there to root on my beloved home team.

Hey, hey, hey Go Tribe!

And in the infamous words of Journey......... "Don't Stop Believing!"

Opening Day Fanfare
In addition to all the usual pageantry associated with the home opener (the giant American flag, balloons galore, video presentations and the national anthem performed by the Ohio State University spring athletic band), the Indians will pay a special tribute to Tribe legend Herb Score, who passed away on Nov. 11 of last year. Score's wife, Nancy, will throw out the ceremonial first pitch, and 27 fans will receive a special golden microphone trophy. All season, the Indians are wearing a uniform patch that includes Score's No. 27, his name and a microphone.

Tidbits
The Tribe is 58-50 all-time in its home openers. ... This is only the second time the Indians have opened at home against the Blue Jays. The other time was April 19, 1980. ... This is the first time the Indians have started a season 0-3 since 1996. They went on to win 99 games that year. ... The Tribe was swept by the Rangers in a three-game set for the first time since Aug. 16-18, 2004, also in Arlington. ... Grady Sizemore had a two-homer day Thursday, but that's nothing new for the Indians' leadoff man. He had five two-homer days last season -- the most in the American League. ... With the home opener taking place on Good Friday in Lent, Progressive Field will feature a fish fry special. Fans will be able to purchase breaded cod and fresh-cut waffle fries in select locations in the ballpark.

Uh oh. You saying Wedgie's on the hot seat?

Nooooo....I am saying ANYTHING is possible. Like I said, the Marlins were in DEAD LAST......

CORRECTION: NOT 17-34 as previously stated....it was 17-22....:eek:

Sluggish start

Jeff Torborg, the manager at the start of the season, lead the team to a 17-22 start, one of the worst in the league.

They had lost their three top pitchers, A.J. Burnett, Josh Beckett and Mark Redman.

On May 11, Torborg was fired and replaced with Jack McKeon, a fiery, 72 year old who began his managerial career way back in 1973 with the Kansas City Royals.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_Florida_Marlins_season"]2003 Florida Marlins season - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

OK, who actually PLAYS sports?

Shaq once had a video game of his own- a fighting game!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)