AL CENTRAL

that seems odd. all the big sports channels (ESPN, FSN, BTN, MLBN) claim 720p is better than 1080i (i.e. YES) for sports.

It is actually , they are using better encoders.
They'd be even better if they were in 720p, but that will open a big can of worms , as everyone has thier own ideas on that.

Jimbo

I don't think FSN D took the HD equip to Toronto, all 4 games are SD.

I think they said 115 of 156 (74%) games in HD this year, so it'll be pretty good. Plus the FOX games will be HD.

The bottleneck is still the FSN operation center in Houston, still not enough capability to support all HD nation wide. It's getting better, but still far from 100%.

We could lose a few HD games to Wings/Pistons playoff games too, if they have to move a game to +.

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/7781906

Edwin Jackson is solid tonight. In control, good stuff, first pitch strikes....Tiger Pitchers are you watching this!!

Jackson is done now.

7.1 innings, 2 hits, 1 run, 1walk, 4K's
Leaves leading 3-1.

Tiger pitching not looking so bad tonight (Jackson) , now did he Sabre's :rolleyes:
Oh man, WHAT, they didn't give up 12 runs tonight, like you expected thruout the year.
What a shock !

Jimbo

I'm telling you guys, if Zumaya can get back healthy the Tigers will be a very scary team.

I love their offense, defense and starting rotation. I just think they need that one lights out reliever...........Zumaya is that man. :up

I'm telling you guys, if Zumaya can get back healthy the Tigers will be a very scary team.

I love their offense, defense and starting rotation. I just think they need that one lights out reliever...........Zumaya is that man. :up

wait till you see Perry pitch a bit, he should get a chance here soon, Leyland likes to use everyone early to get them in game mode.

8th inning would have been a great time for him, but Jim didn't go that way tonight.
Maybe he's saving him to finish up what Porcello does on Thursday...
Much like when Zumaya came into finish up Verlanders first game, several years back.

I really wish that Thursday's game was on in the evening instead of a day game, so I could see it live.

Jimbo

hang in there.
Can't believe he gave up a 3 run shot, Inge hits one out to tie it and then he loses it in the next inning.

Do we want to call Todd Jones out of retirement yet ? :D

We already have "Young" Todd Jones, in Lyons :)

I know its only two games, but to lose like they did...Ugh!!!

hang in there.
Can't believe he gave up a 3 run shot, Inge hits one out to tie it and then he loses it in the next inning.

Do we want to call Todd Jones out of retirement yet ? :D

What an ugly finish last night. Inge got them back in it and then Lyon blew it again in the 9th. Can you get 2 blown saves in one game?

OK, who actually PLAYS sports?

Shaq once had a video game of his own- a fighting game!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)