AL CENTRAL

Baseball Tonight Predictions:

Not that it means anything, but last night John Kruk picked the Indians to represent the AL in the World Series. Peter Gammons picked the Red Sox (no surprise there).

Hopefully Kruky's pick comes true!

I'm really not sold on Detroit....I like the Tribe's bullpen a lot better. I like our offense better as well. The rotation could go either way....

I'm really not sold on Detroit....I like the Tribe's bullpen a lot better. I like our offense better as well. The rotation could go either way....

Yeah. I'm not 100% confident with our starting rotation either, but our newly revamped bullpen looks STRONG this year.

If you look back through the history books, the AL Central is usually won by the team with the best bullpen. On paper, Detroit is behind Cleveland, Minnesota and possibly KC in that department.

The prognosticators say that 90 wins can take this division this year. If that's the case, I like the Tribe's chances.

I just want to wish four of the best posters on here, HD, Sky, Paul and Jimbo good luck to your teams this year. Here's to a great season with no major injuries! Get ready for a great season, fellas! :) :up

I really believe the Central will come down to the Indians and Tigers (I give the edge to Detroit in the rotation, Cleveland in the bullpen, the offenses are two of the best in the AL and are too close to call). I also wouldn't be surprised if the always tough Twins hang around all year.

Another intriguing thing about the Indians-Tigers rivalry, is the positional rivalry in CF between Curtis Granderson and Grady Sizemore. These are two of the top players in all of baseball, and they play the same position in the same division. It brings me back to Carlton Fisk vs. Thurman Munson. Great stuff indeed!

Breaking Tribe News: Carroll to DL

Uber-utility man Jamey Carroll, will start the season on the disabled list with broken bone in his left hand.

The shame of it all is that the injury occurred during the ninth inning of the last Spring Training game in Houston. Astros Pitcher Doug Brocail hit Carroll on the left hand Saturday. This is the first trip to the DL in the 34 year old’s career.

Tony Graffanino will take his spot on the 25 man roster. The veteran, who has played in Atlanta, Chicago, Kansas City, Boston, and Milwaukee, batted .271 (13-48) with 8 runs scored, 2 doubles, a homer and 5 RBI in 23 spring games. He is 37 and can play second, third, first, and the corner outfield spots.

Breaking Tribe News: Carroll to the DL With a Broken Hand | WaitingForNextYear

Indians suck. their name is racist.

I know this goes against what I am about to say but...

Why anyone bothers to feed this a^%^le any cheese is beyond me! He is here to do one thing and one thing alone...stir up the Kool-Aid and attempt to get us off-topic on offbeat, ridiculous comments. He has yet to post one solid, worthy post. He is a troublemaker and I will not feed into his bull%^t any longer!

I URGE YOU ALL TO PUT THIS JERK ON YOUR "IGNORE" LIST!!!!!

HAPPY 2009 SEASON SG BROTHERS! Enjoy Opening Day!!!!:eureka

HD...you copped out! What happened to that "cool, retro" avatar of Sizemore you said you would premiere today?????:rolleyes:

Fixed.

You like this one any better than the Ricky Vaughn one? :)

Attachments

• 2546954046_44672bf2a3_b.jpg
    2546954046_44672bf2a3_b.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 91

OK, who actually PLAYS sports?

Shaq once had a video game of his own- a fighting game!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts