2011 SEC Football (Home of 7 of 13 BCS Championships including the last 5)

Missouri, located in Columbia, will also be the fourth institution in the Southeastern Conference to hold membership in the prestigious Association of American Universities, joining University of Florida, Texas A&M University and Vanderbilt University. Missouri has an enrollment of 33,800 students, which would be the fourth largest institution in the SEC, with Florida, Georgia and Texas A&M having a larger student body. There are more than 260,000 “Mizzou” alumni around the world. The State of Missouri borders three SEC states: Tennessee, Kentucky and Arkansas, and they bring an existing rivalry with former conference foe Texas A&M.Breaking NewsMissouri to SEC is official
The Southeastern Conference says it has approved Missouri for membership, starting in 2012.
League's 14th school PowerMizzou.com - A long time coming

Last edited:
Missouri, located in Columbia, will also be the fourth institution in the Southeastern Conference to hold membership in the prestigious Association of American Universities, joining University of Florida, Texas A&M University and Vanderbilt University. Missouri has an enrollment of 33,800 students, which would be the fourth largest institution in the SEC, with Florida, Georgia and Texas A&M having a larger student body. There are more than 260,000 “Mizzou” alumni around the world. The State of Missouri borders three SEC states: Tennessee, Kentucky and Arkansas, and they bring an existing rivalry with former conference foe Texas A&M.Breaking NewsMissouri to SEC is official
The Southeastern Conference says it has approved Missouri for membership, starting in 2012.
League's 14th school PowerMizzou.com - A long time coming

Now what's all this malarkey?

They don't care bout no edumucashun stuff in the SEC!!! :D

Though let me add, not advocating for a Rematch as of right now. If either Stanford or Okie State make it through undefeated, they deserve to be in the BCS Championship Game.

Boise State though doesn't under any circumstances.

I agree. I truly believe that Bama and LSU are the two best teams int he country (maybe even in that order ;) ), however, if Stanford or Ok State win out, one of them should get in over us. If they both lose though, I feell that Bama should get in for a rematch over any other one loss school, or an undefeated Boise or Houston (and I think Southern will romp them)

I see Bama's biggest hope is to stay in front of Boise State. Boise has the easiest rode.......as usual.

I agree. I truly believe that Bama and LSU are the two best teams int he country (maybe even in that order ;) ), however, if Stanford or Ok State win out, one of them should get in over us. If they both lose though, I feell that Bama should get in for a rematch over any other one loss school, or an undefeated Boise or Houston (and I think Southern will romp them)

I see Bama's biggest hope is to stay in front of Boise State. Boise has the easiest rode.......as usual.
It will also help if both Bama and LSU redeem their offenses and justify their defensive rankings by continuing to pound their remaining opponents by double digits.

alabama and lsu may meet in the sec title championship game :)

We get your point. A game like last night doesn't compare to those thrilling Virginia Tech Hokie classics you underhype each week. Lol!

A lot of people showing their true colors in this thread... green from envy, and brown from FOS, hypocritical posts. I love it.

Thanks for your support. Geaux Tigers! :D

no I think many missed the point...and I've not once compared them to VT or mentioned VT at all...no reason to really bring it in to the mix after all this is the SEC thread. I said before I pulled for LSU and they won..I was happy but at the end of the game I just felt like I was let down by the amount of hype it got and expected alot more in the way of excitement that wasn't there.

if something is boring (as you say) I turn the channel. The game caught your interest somehow.
smile.gif

Wasn't anything else on besides another game which I watched as well..I do have Picture beside Picture ya know...but yeah the game caught my interest as I enjoyed seeing the down faces of Alabama fans as the camera panned to them along with a few cheerleader moments.

Though let me add, not advocating for a Rematch as of right now. If either Stanford or Okie State make it through undefeated, they deserve to be in the BCS Championship Game.

Boise State though doesn't under any circumstances.

+1 cept I'll add that if BOTH Stanford and Okie State go thru undefeated then they BOTH should play.

alabama and lsu may meet in the sec title championship game :)

Impossible as they are in the same division. LSU will meet Georgia or USC.
Unless of course Arkansas pull the upset against the tigers, and it leaves us with a three way tie for first in the west. Then it is the highest ranked BCS team that would go to the CG.

It will also help if both Bama and LSU redeem their offenses and justify their defensive rankings by continuing to pound their remaining opponents by double digits.

I dont see how there is any justification or redemption necessary in the eyes of an intelligent observer to be honest.
They are what they are, and the play through the season, and including last night shows that.

If that was a boring game then my house full of people must have been watching something else. You could hear the same cheers and yelling outside from various other houses.

Everyone has their own definition of boring. My definition of boring was the Saints vs Colts game a couple weeks back.

no I think many missed the point...and I've not once compared them to VT or mentioned VT at all...no reason to really bring it in to the mix after all this is the SEC thread. I said before I pulled for LSU and they won..I was happy but at the end of the game I just felt like I was let down by the amount of hype it got and expected alot more in the way of excitement that wasn't there.

Wasn't anything else on besides another game which I watched as well..I do have Picture beside Picture ya know...but yeah the game caught my interest as I enjoyed seeing the down faces of Alabama fans as the camera panned to them along with a few cheerleader moments.

+1 cept I'll add that if BOTH Stanford and Okie State go thru undefeated then they BOTH should play.

Both of them should play? Really? Even with how many ranked (and still ranked) teams LSU beat? Compared to how many ranked teams stanford has beat? Okie st if they finish out will have a few nice wins and should get in over stanford if we go by schedule. But no way in hell any of those jump LSU. they have beat 2 teams in the top 5 this year! and another team in the top 10! and another team in the top 25! And if they win out they will add another top 10 win over Arkansas!

Give me a break with this non-sense that anyone jumps LSU..

dvrexpander said:
I would perfectly understand this, but you go further by saying the game shows these two teams are somehow unworthy of their rankings because their defenses lived up to the hype (which you completely ignore to support your opinion).
I'll add that if BOTH Stanford and Okie State go thru undefeated then they BOTH should play.
So in your eyes LSU and Bama's defenses aren't nearly as strong as their offenses are bad, even though they have beaten all other opponents by double digits. Therefore an undefeated LSU should be ignored. Why? What has the PAC12 or Big12 done the last several years against the SEC to justify your opinion? Your jealousy of the SEC shines through.

It will get very interesting as all top 4 teams LSU, Ok St, Stanford, and Alabama have 1 ranked opponent left, and for Ok st and Stanford there toughest game of the season. Stanford gets #8 Oregon and Ok St, with Oklahoma. I think Stanford has the best chance in their game, and Ok St, is going to have a big uphill fight on there hands. But both teams have a chance to lose. Alabama of course against in state rival Auburn A good Auburn team we might add whos only loss's have been to ranked teams, LSU, Arkansas and Clemson. And of course LSU Gets to meet up with Arkansas the least talked about of the 3 SEC West Dominate teams, because of its loss already to Alabama.

Its going to be a fun 2-3 weeks of football..

Good news is Boise st is ranked 5th and not really in the mix as no way they jump Alabama if it finishes the season with its only 1 loss.

1LSU (59)9-01499
2Oklahoma State9-01398
3Stanford9-01369
4Alabama8-11334
5Boise State (1)8-01288
6Oregon8-11184
7Oklahoma8-11138
8Arkansas8-11107
9Clemson8-1979
10Virginia Tech8-1885
11Houston9-0804

One question, whos the idiot who gave Boise 1 first place vote, but Ok St and Stanford got 0?

Ya know, only dropping that far (of course have to see the harris and the computers), it really is not out of the realm of possibility that Bama and LSU get a rematch.

I would perfectly understand this, but you go further by saying the game shows these two teams are somehow unworthy of their rankings because their defenses lived up to the hype (which you completely ignore to support your opinion).
So in your eyes LSU and Bama's defenses aren't nearly as strong as their offenses are bad, even though they have beaten all other opponents by double digits. Therefore an undefeated LSU should be ignored. Why? What has the PAC12 or Big12 done the last several years against the SEC to justify your opinion? Your jealousy of the SEC shines through.

NOO I'm not Jealous of the SEC...not one bit at all and I'm basing everything I'm saying off of last nights game not the season... if I had to go by the season then yes LSU is still #1 in my book. I'm talking about whatever I saw this weekend...but AGAINNNNNNN I pulled for LSU and was happy they won - just a sloppy boring game is all and way over hyped to me and many others it seems.

Getting around the NFL blackout

Wings blackout on CI

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts