2009 NBA Playoffs

The way their playoff games have played out- and please don't consider this offensive- I might need to wear a heart monitor- my heart rate goes through the roof.

Not offensive at all.

Between the Celtics and Bruins my heart has been racing, and I have almost no nails left! :eek:

BOTH will be playing Thursday night. I'll be in Connecticut, but I'll be watching! :)

During the game, I heard that ABC will show either game 1 of the Conference Finals or game 7 of a second round series.

(I was thinking that this game could get a national audience ala last year's two game 7's against the Hawks and Cavs)

If Game 1 of the WCF is Sunday then that will be the Sunday game on ABC.

The last few years TNT and ABC/ESPN has been alternating the conference finals. This year TNT has the Eastern Conference and ABC/ESPN has the Western Conference.

Lakers beat the Rockets by 40!

Impressive, but I have to ask- can they put a good effort on Thursday to avoid a game 7? This series, they've been schizo- great one moment, not great the next.

Celtics Take Game 5

If you looked up Resiliency in the dictionary, you'd most likely find a big picture of Doc Rivers and the '08-'09 Celtics under the definition.

This team has shown time and time again that there is no underestimating the true heart of a Champion. Last night was another reminder.

In reality, the Magic had no business losing that game. They were up by double digits late in the 4th. Then, with a combination of ineffective offensive possessions by the Magic followed up with stout Celtics defense, timely execution by the Boston offense and a perfect 21 for 21 from the charity stripe, the C's pulled ahead for good.

I realize the Celtics still have to win 1 more game out of the possible 2 remaining, but I honestly think the series ended last night. Towards the end of the game, there was just something in the faces and psyche of this Magic team that I don't think they can respond too. They're too young, too inexperienced and too offensively streaky of a team. And even if the Magicians win Thursday in Orlando, there's no way in hell they're going to win a Game 7 in TD Banknorth Garden. No way.

And personally, I think this sets up for the best possible ECF matchup. The defending Champion Celtics vs. the Cleveland Cavaliers to see who advances to the NBA Championship. It's only right, we as fans will most likely get this dream matchup.

Lakers beat the Rockets by 40!

Impressive, but I have to ask- can they put a good effort on Thursday to avoid a game 7? This series, they've been schizo- great one moment, not great the next.

You're right about the "schizo" comment, but I think Game 4 served as a wakeup call to the Lakers' brass. It was that game they suddenly realized that they wouldn't be able to cake-walk through the playoffs.

Especially the near-comeback in game 1, the ending to game 4, and tonight.

That is why I came up with the 'Cardiac Celtics' nickname.

The way their playoff games have played out- and please don't consider this offensive- I might need to wear a heart monitor- my heart rate goes through the roof.

No worries. Cornbread Maxwell would whole heartily (no pun intended) agree with you. :)

Talk about the heart of a champion. I turned the game off last night when the Celtics were getting blown out in the 4th quarter. I'm pretty shocked this morning to see that they pulled it off. It's great to see a team not quit until the final buzzer.

I don't know about Rudy T. (BTW, I grew up with him, he's from Hamtramck), but BIll Russell and co. sure have to be smiling today. These Celtics are making the franchise proud. The heart of a champion...

Howard calls out coach's play-calling - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

Anyone see this? Superman aint happy. I don't think you'll see Stan Van Gundy, aka Ron Jeremy, back coaching the Magic next year.

Ron-Jeremy.jpg

Howard calls out coach's play-calling - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

Anyone see this? Superman aint happy. I don't think you'll see Stan Van Gundy, aka Ron Jeremy, back coaching the Magic next year.

I saw this and am not surprised at all, nor do I blame Superman.

In the 4th quarter, Dwight Howard only touched the ball 3 times! THREE TIMES! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? In the final 4 minutes, he only touched it once! ONCE?!

In the final minutes when a game is close, you give it to your star. That's a given. But somehow, it didn't happen.

The Magic's gameplan and strategy during the playoffs has long left a lot to be desired. This year under Gundy is no different.

Wednesday's Playoff Schedule

Dallas at Denver- Game 5 (Nuggets lead series 3-1)- 9:00pm ET [TNT (HD)]

Belmont Stakes

Former Indians' Owner Dies

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts