2009 NBA Playoffs

Stick a fork in Houston. Yao Ming is out for the rest of the playoffs with a broken foot. Not that I thought they even had a chance, anyhow.

How's that crow taste Pauly? :p

No T-Mac, No Yao, No Mutumbo, No Problem. Judging by Sunday's smack down of the Lakers, this Houston team is not going to lay down to anyone.

How's that crow taste Pauly? :p

No T-Mac, No Yao, No Mutumbo, No Problem. Judging by Sunday's smack down of the Lakers, this Houston team is not going to lay down to anyone.

Yep...maybe not as thrilling as the BULLS/CELTICS series...but this series will go down to 7 games. Artest has brought a toughness that this team desperately needed and never had.

Well if Carmelo had missed that shot the Nuggets would be the ones complaining about the no call saying it caused him to miss. Either way it was a horrible mistake.

Yep. And the NBA has already admitted it was a missed call....
“At the end of the Dallas-Denver game this evening, the officials missed an intentional foul committed by Antoine Wright on Carmelo Anthony, just prior to Anthony’s three-point basket,” Joel Litvin, NBA president of league and basketball operations, said in a statement issued by the league about two hours after the game.

In the aftermath of the scandal involving former referee Tim Donaghy, the NBA has begun publicly acknowledging certain officiating mistakes.

NBA Admits It Was Wrong In Mavs Nuggets Game - CBSSports.com Message Boards

The same could be said about the Houston Rockets. They could have easily folded, but they actually DOMINATED the Lakers yesterday and the score does not indicate just how bad the Lakers were beaten. And Phil Jackson was TOTALLY out-coached....I mean does anyone PLAN on guarding Battier??!! AT ALL??!! I mean really....

I agree. Nobody is taking these Rockets seriously. They are flying completely under the radar. They are a "team" in every sense. They run the fast break better than the majority of teams in these playoffs. PS, Aaron Brooks just introduced himself to the entire world.

The Lakers looked awful to say the least. Nobody guarded anybody, they all just stood around looking at the Rockets shoot.

Stick a fork in Houston. Yao Ming is out for the rest of the playoffs with a broken foot. Not that I thought they even had a chance, anyhow.

What an idiot you are - stick to picking your nose. You couldn't pick a winner in the NBA if you knew the results ahead of time!

Anybody else seeing a trend here in Houston? Every time they lose Ming and Tracy they seem to play better. Didn't they win 22 in a row last year without Ming? Might be time to rethink the personnel in Houston.

Anybody else seeing a trend here in Houston? Every time they lose Ming and Tracy they seem to play better. Didn't they win 22 in a row last year without Ming? Might be time to rethink the personnel in Houston.

My heavens, you're right! I hope to hell Artest doesn't go down, because they'd be unstoppable then! :D

When is McGrady's contract up? Based on the way this team has played without him I don't think he'd have much leverage in getting a new deal with the Rockets.

Cavaliers vs. Hawks: Game 4 Preview

What: Cavs vs. Atlanta; Game 4 (Cavs up in series 3-0)
When: 7pm
TV: TNT

The Cavs and Hawks go at it again in Hotlanta tonight. LeBron and company will be going for the sweep, while Atlanta seeks to delay their impending vacation by another game.

In tribute to tonight's game, I present to the viewing audience the latest LeBron commercial. It's a puppet rendition of LeBron and Kobe. Enjoy...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtzQ0eXVoJo"]MVPs - Kobe & LeBron (Chalk)[/ame]

Monday's Playoff Schedule- All times Eastern

Cleveland at Atlanta- Game 4 (Cavs lead series 3-0)- 7:00 PM [TNT (HD)]

Denver at Dallas- Game 4 (Nuggets lead series 3-0)- 9:30 PM [TNT (HD)]

Winning Ugly

It wasn't a rout, but it was enough for the Cavs- 84-74.

Second straight sweep (assuring at least seven calm days for HD with no worrying about the team) and they did it the hard way.

Atlanta stayed with them the whole way, but down the stretch, the better team outplayed the gritty, gutty guys from the ATL.

It was an interesting game: Atlanta made a lot of free throws; the Cavs actually clanged some.

Josh Smith had a great game tonight, IMO- he and Joe Johnson showed up- very gutty performance by Johnson given the injury he suffered in game 2- but Mike Bibby only scoring 3 points hurt their chances.

The unsung hero of the game was Delonte West- 21 points, and two DAGGERS for threes.

LeBron did not have the astronomical numbers of other games, but his impact was HUGE- made key shots and big passes.

This game came down to three things:

1. Downtown shooting. Hawks made only one 3; Cavs hit 10.

2. Rebounding- Cavs had 48, Hawks 33.

3. Hustle and effort- there was a sequence late in the game when the shot clock was running low twice, and the Cavs got the ball back- two HUGE possessions.

As for the Hawks- good effort tonight, very good season overall. IMO, this team will challenge the Magic for the division title next season.

The Cavs are now half way through running the table in the postseason.

Can they do the unthinkable?

The Cavs are now half way through running the table in the postseason.

Can they do the unthinkable?

I highly doubt that could happen, nor would I ever predict for that to happen. At this point as a Cleveland sports fan, I am not going to be greedy. I'll take an NBA Championship in any shape, size or form. Whether it's a sweep or a 7 game contest. Doen't matter to me.

However, BEFORE the Cavs even think about an NBA Championship, we first have to take care of business against either the defending Champion Celtics or a tough as nails Magic team. The ECF will definitely be a tougher battle than these first two rounds were.

In the meantime, I'll be scouting the Celtics/Magic more than ever over these next 3 games while my Cavs get some much needed rest.

Our motto remains the same. "One game, one day at a time. One Goal!"

3 sweeps in a row? probably not....... i think the eastern finals won't be as easy. IMO they'll win it though. :)

I don't think it'll happen either. As a matter of fact, up until yesterday, since the NBA went to 7-game opening round series' in 2003, only the 2004-2005 Heat have swept the first 2 rounds to start the playoffs. The Heat went onto lose the ECF against the Pistons that year.

Game 4 Recap

It wasn't a rout, but it was enough for the Cavs- 84-74.

Second straight sweep (assuring at least seven calm days for HD with no worrying about the team) and they did it the hard way.

Atlanta stayed with them the whole way, but down the stretch, the better team outplayed the gritty, gutty guys from the ATL.

It was an interesting game: Atlanta made a lot of free throws; the Cavs actually clanged some.

Josh Smith had a great game tonight, IMO- he and Joe Johnson showed up- very gutty performance by Johnson given the injury he suffered in game 2- but Mike Bibby only scoring 3 points hurt their chances.

The unsung hero of the game was Delonte West- 21 points, and two DAGGERS for threes.

LeBron did not have the astronomical numbers of other games, but his impact was HUGE- made key shots and big passes.

This game came down to three things:

1. Downtown shooting. Hawks made only one 3; Cavs hit 10.

2. Rebounding- Cavs had 48, Hawks 33.

3. Hustle and effort- there was a sequence late in the game when the shot clock was running low twice, and the Cavs got the ball back- two HUGE possessions.

As for the Hawks- good effort tonight, very good season overall. IMO, this team will challenge the Magic for the division title next season.

This was not a pretty game offensively, but in the end we played the game Coach Mike Brown was damn proud of. When the majority of our shots weren't falling, the team resorted to suffocating defense, led by Delonte West. D-West is one of the most underrated defenders in the NBA. He single handily shut down the opposing guard, Mike Bibby (3pts). Delonte was interviewed after the game and said that he's just executing what Coach Brown has taught him and the team; ie. "Defense wins Championships." Awesome game Delonte! I loved your effort!

A few stats from the series:

Through 8 games, the Cavs Defense is holding opponents to a mind boggling 78 points per game. That is unreal by today's NBA standards.

Despite an off night, LeBron is enroute to a historic postseason statistic wise. Only Oscar Robertson in 1963 averaged at least 30 points, nine rebounds and six assists in a single postseason. He did it through 12 games. Through eight games, James is at 32.9 ppg, 9.8 rpg and 6.8 apg.

BTW, it's funny we just said LeBron had an off night. He was still 41% from the field and 50% from the 3-point arc. The King finished with 27 pts, 8 ast and 8 reb. If that's an off night, I think we're starting to get spoiled. :D

The next week will serve as some much needed rest for the Cavs. We have a few players banged up and at this time of the season, rest is very much welcomed. I'll be watching the remainder of the Magic/Celtics series to scout out my Cavs next opponent. Good luck boys. See you in the EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ONE GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: @party@party@party@party

Stayin' Alive: Dallas Style

The Mavs prolonged the inevitable last night by outlasting the Nuggets 119-117. (Do teams on the West coast play defense, btw??) The series is now at 3-1 in favor of the Nuggets and heading back to Denver.

In other news, Mark Cuban and K-Mart still haven't made up. All of this stems from the trash talk Cuban slang at K-Mart's Mom during Game 3. You said what to his Momma?!...

According to Cuban, a fan called the Nuggets "thugs" and he looked at Moore and said, "That includes your son." However, Martin's agent told the Denver Post that Cuban said, "Your son is a punk."

On Monday, Cuban would only say, "I'm happy to let her sit next to me. I've got no problem with Mrs. Martin."
K-Mart vowed to take care of Cuban...

"It's a little personal, and I'm going to take care of it," he said. "I'm not going to do the whole media thing, back and forth. That's his thing. I'm more of a face-to-face type of dude."

Belmont Stakes

Former Indians' Owner Dies

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts