2009 NBA Playoffs

Game 2 Thoughts from the Q; Cavs vs. Hawks

1. Let me first say that I've attended a game in every major sport and NOTHING comes even close to the pre-game ceremonies that start an NBA game! Everything from the pre-game music, the boisterous introductions, the pyrotechnics and the fireworks. It's really quite the spectacle. :eek:

2. Bill & KCK, your heart would've melted at the opening rendition of the Star Spangled Banner. It was done by a saxophonist from the band O.A.R. No lyrics, just the simple and emotional notes out of this conical instrument. What a great way to start a great game. :flag:

3. That reverse dunk at the end of the 1st half was awesome! The sellout crowd of 20,562 erupted in sheer bedlam early and often. A great game to witness (no pun intended) by the home crowd. How'd the crowd look on TV?

4. Did anyone see that 47' 3-pointer from near half-court that LeBron made before halftime? Wow! He makes those shots like it was a medium range jumper! PS, I still think that Power-Ade commercial where LeBron is raining full court jumpers is real. :)

5. It was evident this Hawks team was very discouraged by the 3rd quarter. A radio announcer even claimed that they lacked any effort and quit. Credit their cowardliness to the Cavs. This team is imposing their will on every team they face and simply taking away the opposing team's will to win.

6. The final score was 99-72, but don't let that fool you. The Cavs were up by over 30+ points early in the 3rd quarter. Coach Brown pulled his starters and none of them even played in the 4th, otherwise this very well could've been a 50+ point massacre.

7. This monstrosity of a win is all the more impressive since it came at the hands of a 2nd round playoff talent. This is a team who made the Heat look silly in a few games last round! The Cavs are surely playing the best basketball in the league right now. I hope it continues.

8. Last night's win by the Cavs tied an NBA record. They are tied for the most double digit wins to start the playoffs (6 in a row now).

9. This team isn't just offense. They also continue to tout the best D in the league. 78.2 PPG allowed in the 1st 6 games by the Cavs are the fewest all time to start the playoffs.

10. It's good to see the team and LeBron turn it up a notch in these playoffs. It really seems like they switched to another gear in these last 6 games. As evidenced in the playoffs, LBJ is averaging 31.5 PPG, 9.7 RPG, 6.3 APG. All in 37 minutes per game!

11. At just 24 years-old, this was LeBron's 50th playoff game. In 47 of them, he's scored over 20 points.

12. The '07 NBA Championship appearance and LeBron's run through the Olympics on Team USA is invaluable experience for this teams current playoff run. The team looks like a savvy close-nit group led by an experienced leader that is prepared for anything an opponent can through at them. I feel more comfortable with this team's probability to win that any other Cleveland team I've witnessed in my entire lifetime.

13. I have to pay honors to Mo, Delonte, Wally and Anderson Varajao (aka Wild Thing). All of them had superb games, especially Andy. He does the little things that are so instrumental to this team's success. He has a constant motor and NEVER gives up on a play. I love that guy.

14. I saw Brian Urlacher at the game. He was sitting right next to the Cavs bench and stayed for every minute and showed great emotion towards the Cavs. I never knew he was such a big Cavs fan.

15. The magic number for the Cavs is now at 10! Next game is Saturday at Atlanta. It'll be interesting to see how both teams react to the change in court.

1. Let me first say that I've attended a game in every major sport and NOTHING comes even close to the pre-game ceremonies that start an NBA game! Everything from the pre-game music, the boisterous introductions, the pyrotechnics and the fireworks. It's really quite the spectacle. :eek:

You have obviously never been to see the Coca-Cola 600 pre-race ceremonies in Charlotte. Those are the best bar none that I have seen.

3. That reverse dunk at the end of the 1st half was awesome! The sellout crowd of 20,562 erupted in sheer bedlam early and often. A great game to witness (no pun intended) by the home crowd. How'd the crowd look on TV?

4. Did anyone see that 47' 3-pointer from near half-court that LeBron made before halftime? Wow! He makes those shots like it was a medium range jumper! PS, I still think that Power-Ade commercial where LeBron is raining full court jumpers is real. :)
the only thing i have to say about that is....... it was AWESOME!!!! i really enjoyed that game last night! the crowd was going nuts.....

Friday's Playoff Schedule- All times Eastern

Boston at Orlando- Game 3 (Series tied 1-1)- 7:00 PM [ESPN(HD)]

LA Lakers at Houston- Game 3 (Series tied 1-1)- 9:30 PM [ESPN(HD)]

Saturday's Playoff Schedule- All times Eastern

Denver at Dallas- Game 3 (Nuggets lead series 2-0)- 5:00 PM [ESPN(HD)]

Cleveland at Atlanta- Game 3 (Cavs lead series 2-0)- 8:15 PM [ABC(HD)]

Saturday's Playoff Schedule- All times Eastern

Denver at Dallas- Game 3 (Nuggets lead series 2-0)- 5:00 PM [ESPN(HD)]

Cleveland at Atlanta- Game 3 (Cavs lead series 2-0)- 8:15 PM [ABC(HD)]

I've got the brats on the grill and the beer will be flowing shortly.

It's almost time to PARTY!

P...... A....... R...... T...... Why, because I gotta!!!!!!! :D @party

I've got the brats on the grill and the beer will be flowing shortly.

It's almost time to PARTY!

P...... A....... R...... T...... Why, because I gotta!!!!!!! :D @party

LMAO!!! You kill me! :D :up

Have fun, buddy!! :)

I know it's only game 3 of a best-of-seven series, but IMO, this is Atlanta's only shot to get back in the series (When you're down 3-0, that's really hard to get back in).

Johnson, Marvin, Horford- all banged-up- will play tonight.

Atlanta will throw everything but the kitchen sink, but I don't think it'll be enough.

Cleveland must NOT take this game lightly- look what happened with the C's last season

WOW!!!! Carmelo Anthony just hit a 3 pointer with one second left to put the Nuggets ahead, 106-105

I know it's only game 3 of a best-of-seven series, but IMO, this is Atlanta's only shot to get back in the series (When you're down 3-0, that's really hard to get back in).

Johnson, Marvin, Horford- all banged-up- will play tonight.

Atlanta will throw everything but the kitchen sink, but I don't think it'll be enough.

Cleveland must NOT take this game lightly- look what happened with the C's last season

Even IF the Hawks win tonight (IMO, unlikely) and then wins game 4 (VERY unlikely), the Hawks have Z-E-R-O chance of winning at the Q.

Nuggets now with a commanding 3-0 series lead, after the very controversial win.

That was an odd finish, but I have to give Denver credit.

They kept coming back; everytime I thought Dallas had the game in the bag, the Nuggets were relentless.

IMO, these Nuggets may be the West's team of destiny.

Nuggets now with a commanding 3-0 series lead, after the very controversial win.
That was a terrible no call. The official has to know the situation as well as the players. That play happened right under the ref's nose and he had to be aniticipating a foul. Since when can you hip check someone and not get called for the foul?

Well, this game went as I predicted- Atlanta would throw everything they had at the Cavs, but it wasn't enough.

Hawks played very inspired basketball at times throughout the first half and parts of the third quarter- they even LED after halftime.

Got to give Joe Johnson some props for playing some good ball with that injury.

Now for the Cavs.

LeBron- I'm running out of words to describe him (47 points- one shy of that epic 48-point 'Torch Passing' game), so I'm using this smiley- :bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow

IMO, a big key to this game was the rebounding- going after the missed shots and getting a fresh new shot clock.

Also, responding to pressure. The Hawks made a couple of big runs when it looked like they'd get close, but Cleveland responded EVERY time- when they had to get a stop or a big bucket, they did what they had to do.

That was a terrible no call. The official has to know the situation as well as the players. That play happened right under the ref's nose and he had to be aniticipating a foul. Since when can you hip check someone and not get called for the foul?

It was a missed call an the NBA has already admitted the mistake. With that said, the opposing defender can not stop defending until he hears the whistle. If he continues to guard, Carmello doesn't have an open look at the 3-pointer.

It was a missed call an the NBA has already admitted the mistake. With that said, the opposing defender can not stop defending until he hears the whistle. If he continues to guard, Carmello doesn't have an open look at the 3-pointer.

That was a bad call, but two other things I look at from the game:

1. Even if they call the foul, Carmelo would have shot free-throws, and he's very good at that- overtime, perhaps?

2. Dallas had chances to close it out- if Dirk hits that shot with 8 seconds left, then they likely get the win. If they hit a few late shots or played better defense on Denver, who knows?

Belmont Stakes

Former Indians' Owner Dies

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)