2009 NBA Playoffs

I hate the West Coast. :) :) :) I either don't watch a game I really want to see, or I wake up the next day absolutely shot.

Tell me about it. I get up at 5:30am EST and I can barely stay up for a full Tribe game, let alone a West Coast game that starts after 10pm EST!

Tell me about it. I get up at 5:30am EST and I can barely stay up for a full Tribe game, let alone a West Coast game that starts after 10pm EST!
same here buddy. i get up at 5 am and can barely see the whole 1st game.

I get up at 5am like Rey does.

How will tonight's games go down?

The guy that picked Cleveland and Denver to win by double-digits was right; can he go 2-for-2 again?

i'm going with the celts and lakers tonight. i don't see a lopsided win by these two teams tonight.

Updated: May 6, 2009, 6:55 PM ET

Heat discuss Wade contract extension

Associated Press

MIAMI -- Pat Riley's plan to make the Miami Heat better in 2010 might start with signing Dwyane Wade in 2009.

The Heat president said Wednesday that the team has already broached the topic of getting Wade to extend his contract this summer, instead of waiting for the potentially blockbuster-filled offseason of 2010.

Riley called Wade's future in Miami "absolutely" the top priority for the Heat right now.

"We would love to get a commitment," Riley said. "I mean, he's our franchise player. We've spent seven years together. We won a world championship with him. We love him to death. He's irreplaceable. ... But we also understand that he has the right to wait."

Wade is among several All-Stars who could be free agents next year.

Wade said earlier this week he hasn't spent much time thinking about his contract status, but has indicated repeatedly that he has no desire to leave Miami. He's part of an All-Star group -- including LeBron James, Chris Bosh, Kobe Bryant and others -- who could find new homes after next season since he has the right to cancel the final year of his deal with the Heat and test free-agent waters.

But Riley's plan all along has been keeping salary space open for that critical summer to re-sign Wade, add another max-contract-worthy star to play alongside him, and retain other talent in order to lure free agents into looking at Miami. The Heat raised their win total by 28 from a year ago and took Atlanta to seven games in the first playoff round.

"It's on everybody's mind," Riley said. "We want to build the very best team we can build here. We want Dwyane to be the centerpiece. We want to bring in players around him that complement him, that he can complement, that also complement other players. There's no doubt that we feel a need to do that."

Part of that plan, Riley said, also includes Miami's young core -- starting point guard Mario Chalmers, 3-point shootout champion Daequan Cook, and perhaps most importantly Michael Beasley, last year's No. 2 overall pick who played largely as a reserve this season and still emerged into Miami's second-leading scorer behind Wade.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4146990"]Miami Heat president Riley: Dwyane Wade contract talks in progress - ESPN[/ame]

This is ALL nice...but it will not be safe until he signs the contract....:yes:yes:yes

Impressive win Bill. I told you the C's stole the momentum in this series after that "almost" comeback in Game 1.

Yup, good call! :up

NOW they have to "steal" a win in Orlando either Friday or Sunday night.

Impressive win Bill. I told you the C's stole the momentum in this series after that "almost" comeback in Game 1.

IF they win the 1st game in Orlando...then you can say they stole the momentum of the series. Other than that, they got a wake-up call before they fond themselves in a hole.

IF they win the 1st game in Orlando...then you can say they stole the momentum of the series. Other than that, they got a wake-up call before they fond themselves in a hole.

Even in a loss, a team can still come out feeling differently.

A 30 point loss is demoralizing. Almost coming back from that deficit gave them something to build on.

I'm telling you guys. Forget everything you remember from the Bulls series. That Chicago team and this Boston team just matched up well. This isn't the case for Orlando. The Magic is a very streaky team and I fully expect Boston to beat Orlando in this series.

I'm telling you guys. Forget everything you remember from the Bulls series. That Chicago team and this Boston team just matched up well. This isn't the case for Orlando. The Magic is a very streaky team and I fully expect Boston to beat Orlando in this series.

Orlando got EXACTLY what they wanted in Boston...a split. Boston NEEDED Houser to have a career night to win. I think it will be closer in Orlando, I doubt that you will see that many, if any, blowouts in this series.

Lakers came back to win and now need to win at least one in Houston.

Lakers came back to win and now need to win at least one in Houston.

The Lakers are in for a dog fight. I don't know if the Lakers can play THIS PHYSICAL all series long..and if they wanna get to the next level, they will have to. Call Artest a thug or whatever, he brings a toughness that Houston did NOT have...they were soft. NOT anymore. I sort of like the scrapiness...he reminds me of Dennis Rodman that can score. This Rockets/Lakers series is gonna be ALOT better than people think. I LOVED the crowd last night in LA.... Too bad T-Mac is not playing....:(

Artest and Kobe were getting a little snippy with eachother. What's up with that?

since artest arrived in houston it's been that way. i actually like it:D artest did have a good game last night with 25 points before he was ejected.

Belmont Stakes

Former Indians' Owner Dies

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)