2009 NBA Playoffs

LeBron Takes CHARGE!

Did any of you see that charge LeBron took in last night's game? As two Hawks swooped down on a fast break, James held his ground, stepped in front of Joe Johnson and took the charge. The only play. The smart play. A game-changing play. MVP? Indeed.

James stuffed the stat sheet again, but it was his defensive stop on Johnson in the third quarter that meant as much as anything."An MVP taking a charge on the break?" Cavs guard Mo Williams said. "That's amazing. You get that effort from him, how could I not take a charge? The whole night was about him and he came out and showed why he is the MVP -- in the first quarter."

In response to this very play, I found this particular comment from a reader on ESPN rather fitting....
In China where I am living now there is a TV commercial featuring Tim Duncan. Duncan is in a locker room with a group of Chinese basketball players. He asks one of the players how do you say "brotherhood" in Chinese. The reply is "shindi" and Duncan repeats the word. Call it togetherness, teamwork, Celtic Pride, shandi or whatever you will, it is key to winning. If you want to know what shindi looks like, here is an example. You are LeBron James. You have just won the NBA MVP award, you are playing on your home court and your team is heavily favored to beat the Altanta Hawks. Suddenly Joe Johnson comes rushing toward you on a 2 on 1 fast break. What do you do? If you are Rajon Rondo you hit him on the head and get away with it. If you are Dwight Howard you commit a flagrant foul and get suspended for the next game thereby jeopardizing your teams chances of winning the series. If you are Kenyon Martin you commit a flagrant foul and get fined $25,000 (peanuts ). But you are LeBron James and so you let 240 pounds of muscle and bone crash into you. That's shindi.The Cavs have it. The Rockets have it. The Lakers don't. The Red Sox have it; the Yankees don't. It is not enough without talent to win, but without it your chances are slim.

The Cavs have that look like a team on a mission. It reminds me of Jordan and the Bulls in 1991. The Bulls had been a good team, but not great, prior to that 91 season, but that was the first time that Chicago just went out there and whaled on everyone. That's how Cleveland looks right now. Lebron won't let them lose just like Jordan wouldn't let the Bulls lose, and the role players for Clevaland are stepping up just like the Bulls supporting cast did.

It might be easier to spot you if you wore a bright yellow Michigan shirt. Any chance? :D

Not a chance.

Which reminds me. In an attempt to rile the fans up when an opponent is at the foul line, they flash a Michigan or Steeler logo on the jumbo-tron. People Boo louder than ever when they do this.

Wednesday's Playoff Schedule-All Times Eastern

Orlando at Boston- Game 2 (Magic lead series 1-0)- 8:00 PM [TNT(HD)]

Houston at LA Lakers- Game 2 (Rockets lead series 1-0)- 10:30 PM [TNT(HD)]

Wednesday's Playoff Schedule

Houston at LA Lakers- Game 2 (Rockets lead series 1-0)- 10:30 PM [TNT(HD)]

I hate the West Coast. :) :) :) I either don't watch a game I really want to see, or I wake up the next day absolutely shot.

The company I work for has season tickets to the Browns, Indians and Cavs. We usually give most of the regular season tickets away to customers, but the good ones, we keep for ourselves. :)

I'm jealous. :) I'd love to go to a game, but the scalpers are asking for some serious $$$$.

I hate the West Coast. :) :) :) I either don't watch a game I really want to see, or I wake up the next day absolutely shot.

LOL!!! I'm lucky if I can make it through the first half of those games.....old fart that I am! :eek:

Oh, I forgot to mention- in the other game last night, Denver broke open a tight game with a big fourth quarter.
Denver's looking strong. They're sort of like Cleveland in that they went from being just average to really good just this season. I guess that's what having guys like Lebron and Carmelo will do for you, although Chauncey Billups is the guy who makes it work in Denver. Someone remind me just what in the hell were the Pistons thinking when they traded Billups for Iverson?

At least all the games in the NBA Finals start at 9:00 ET.

That's pretty fair for all time zones.

They probably were trying to shake things up?
Good move. Trade away one of the best team players in the league for a malcontent who quit on them before the season was over. It's because of stuff like this that I can't get into the NBA anymore.

Good move. Trade away one of the best team players in the league for a malcontent who quit on them before the season was over. It's because of stuff like this that I can't get into the NBA anymore.

It was a monetary move by the Pistons. Next year, Iverson's salary is off the books. The Pistons knew that even with Chauncy, they still couldn't compete with the Celtics, Cavs and Magic. They need more pieces and freeing up money was the only way to rebuild their team.

Belmont Stakes

Former Indians' Owner Dies

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)