2009 NBA Playoffs

Let's get back on topic.

How do you see tonight's two series openers faring?

Personally, I'm jacked for the Magic vs. Celtics series.

I think the first game will be very telling as to how the rest of the series goes. I'm still not convinced the Magic have the make-up to advance far in the Playoffs, but the great equalizer is all of the injuries to the Celtics. Plus, Boston is extremely short handed down low. If Dwight Howard doesn't get a look on almost every single possession, there is a serious issue with Orlando's game-plan. In the end, you may just see another shootout, ala Boston vs. Chicago.

As for the Lakers/Rockets. Ho, hum. Wake me when the series is over. As others have stated, the only team in the West who will challenge LA is Denver.

As for the Lakers/Rockets. Ho, hum. Wake me when the series is over.

Here's a good analogy:

the Rockets finally got their white whale- getting past the first round- but now are trying to capture a great white shark

Let's get back on topic.

How do you see tonight's two series openers faring?

The Rockets are fodder for the Lakers...even with Kobe "ill"....been to Mexico lately Kobe! :D
Lakers in 5.

The Celtics unfortunately with both Powe and Garnett out have no real answer to Dwight Howard. The Celtics bench which only had a strong effort in Game 7 against the Bulls must show up for the Celtics to have any chance. Ray Allen, Rondo and Pierce can't do it all.

Magic in 6.

Orlando holds off Boston 95-90 in a very crazy game with so many momentum swings.

Bill, sorry about the outcome, but it's clear that no lead will be safe in this series

Orlando holds off Boston 95-90 in a very crazy game with so many momentum swings.

Bill, sorry about the outcome, but it's clear that no lead will be safe in this series

Celtics made a valiant comeback after trailing by 28 points! :eek:

If they pulled this one out, it would have eclipsed the comeback against the Lakers in Game 4 of the Finals last season, and came very close to their comeback against the Nets in the 2002 ECF.

If they pulled this one out, it would have eclipsed the comeback against the Lakers in Game 4 of the Finals last season, and came very close to their comeback against the Nets in the 2002 ECF.
I know something about teams getting down by 28 and trying to come back. :( Good rally by the Celtics but that's just way too big a hole to get out of. I didn't realize that JJ Redick was actually playing now for Orlando. That makes me a Boston fan. :D

Tuesday's Playoff Schedule- All Times Eastern

Atlanta at Cleveland- Game 1- 8:00 PM [TNT(HD)]

Dallas at Denver- Game 2- 10:30 PM [TNT(HD)]

Rockets beat L.A. on the road in game 1.

I believe you all owe Houston an apology.

NEVER underestimate Ron Artest and Yao Ming. These guys have a huge chip on their shoulders, and guys like that come out with fire in their eyes.

NEVER underestimate Ron Artest and Yao Ming. These guys have a huge chip on their shoulders, and guys like that come out with fire in their eyes.

who's you all? winning one game is one thing but the series is a different story.....;)

This "version" of the celtics obviously likes to play long series (last years and this years version) When its all said and done, celtics I think will still win the series

LMAO!!! ...you guys kill me! Nothing funnier than hearing you guys predict left and right about who is better, who will win...

"fodder for the Lakers......"
"they will go down hard"(I won't hold that one against you Ramy because you are a Laker fan.....;))
"ho, hum....wake me when this series is over...."

Folks, this is the playoffs...not some BS regular season game. Great players, as the cliches go, "take it to another level", "bring their A+ game...."....and Houston did last night. We have seen time and time again in THESE same playoffs that though a team can have a big gun out(Houston missing T-Mac), their other players can bring up the game a few notches.

Bill, that WAS a valiant effort. I tuned into 24 on Fox when your C's were down big. By the time I was thru with Jack Bauer and company, it was a 6 point game! Holy Cow I thought!

Anyways, if Ray Allen was even a shell of him usual self last night, you guys would've pulled it out, but it appears he had one of those off nights that pure shooters experience every now and then.

Even though the Magicians still won, the way the Celtics finished, I have to think they are the ones with the momentum going into Game 2.

This win didn't surprise me at all. The Lakers have been off for a week and the Rockets match up well with LA. If there was a game for Houston to steal, this was the one.

On another note, Kobe needs to learn to trust his teammates more. Whenever he takes most of the shots, it always seems like his team loses. The Lakers are now 2-7 in playoff games in which Bryant takes more than 30 shots.

This win didn't surprise me at all. The Lakers have been off for a week and the Rockets match up well with LA. If there was a game for Houston to steal, this was the one.

On another note, Kobe needs to learn to trust his teammates more. Whenever he takes most of the shots, it always seems like his team loses. The Lakers are now 2-7 in playoff games in which Bryant takes more than 30 shots.

He is the best player on the team and the best player on the floor. He took LESS than half of his team shots?!! Why do you want Howard to do more or less what you just criticized Kobe of doing.....:confused:

He is the best player on the team and the best player on the floor. He took LESS than half of his team shots?!! Why do you want Howard to do more or less what you just criticized Kobe of doing.....:confused:

Kobe is a Shooting Guard, while D-Howard is a Center.

You feed the big man down low and the probability of points off a dunk or layup is much greater than an outside shot by Kobe.

Unless Kobe is driving to the lane every possession, I think he needs to get his teammates involved in order to win, just as the Magic 3-point shooters need to get their Bigs involved to win their games.

Besides, the stats prove that when Kobe shoots over 30 times a game, his team just about always loses. You can't argue with a tired and true recipe for losing.

Kobe is a Shooting Guard, while D-Howard is a Center.

You feed the big man down low and the probability of points off a dunk or layup is much greater than an outside shot by Kobe.

Unless Kobe is driving to the lane every possession, I think he needs to get his teammates involved in order to win, just as the Magic 3-point shooters need to get their Bigs involved to win their games.

Besides, the stats prove that when Kobe shoots over 30 times a game, his team just about always loses. You can't argue with a tired and true recipe for losing.

Position does not matter, you go with what the defense gives you....and IF the defense is not doubling the BEST PLAYER ON THE FLOOR and one of the BEST PLAYERS IN THE WORLD, shouldn't he take the majority of shots?

And that those stat you brought up were for Kobe....Michael jacked up ALOT 30 shot games...and he has 3 rings for both hands...last I recall...So that recipe depends on WHO is the cook....;)

I know something about teams getting down by 28 and trying to come back. :( Good rally by the Celtics but that's just way too big a hole to get out of. I didn't realize that JJ Redick was actually playing now for Orlando. That makes me a Boston fan. :D

Yep. He was actually starting in place of injured Courtney Lee.

BTW, JJ is bored with the NBA Trash Talk from fans...
“I just want some creativity, that’s all I want,” Redick said. “I haven’t heard creative things since college. Like really, I don’t know if it’s the alcohol consumption at NBA games, but there’s nothing remotely creative or funny ever said to me. It’s boring. I’m so conditioned to it now.”

Uh oh. Boston, you've been warned. Bring your A-Game insults on Wednesday.

Thoughts on Mondays Games:

"Rockets will be fodder for the Lakers"...

...okay, let's try this again. :D

Yao definitely had a huge game and outplayed both Gasol and Bynum(he's been awful in the playoffs so far). Maybe the Lakers miss Luke Walton more than expected and Kobe missed a ton of shots that usually he makes...

...lets see what occurs in game 2 before the Lakers are truly questioned.

The Magic once again proved to be the dumbest team left in the playoffs, you build a 25 point lead then take crazy shots, play sloppy and don't give the ball to the big man. The Magic were lucky that Rajon Rondo was careless with the ball nearly all night or they could have very easily lost.
I still believe the Magic will win the series but they are winning from talent not coaching or court smarts.

Belmont Stakes

Former Indians' Owner Dies

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)