2009 NBA Playoffs

True, but this Magic-Celtics series could go either way (I'm still not sold on Orlando).

However, neither team stands a chance against the Cavs.

The only team standing in the way of a Cavs-Lakers Finals is Denver, and even that is the longest of long shots!
Im just saying that with the Celtics lack of big men I think it would be an embarrassing lopsided sweep against the Cavs. lets go out in a competitive fight against Orlando instead.

That's where you and I differ. I think Stan Van Gundy is the most overrated coach in the game. He knows how to complain a helluva lot more than he knows how to win.

Only because ALL your info about him comes the 30 seconds you hear on ESPN. The guy has a 10 minutes segment 2 time a week here in a Miami radio show and he is THE most down to Earth person AND coach you will EVER hear. But we live in a society that once you hear a couple of things from ESPN, then 'it MUST BE TRUE' ....:rolleyes:

AND he would have won if Pat Reilly did not remove him because HE wanted to coach. But then again, you would have not known that because ESPN didn't mention that....

Only because ALL your info about him comes the 30 seconds you hear on ESPN. The guy has a 10 minutes segment 2 time a week here in a Miami radio show and he is THE most down to Earth person AND coach you will EVER hear. But we live in a society that once you hear a couple of things from ESPN, then 'it MUST BE TRUE' ....:rolleyes:

AND he would have won if Pat Reilly did not remove him because HE wanted to coach. But then again, you would have not known that because ESPN didn't mention that....

That's fine you think he's a "nice" guy. I just think he's not that great of a coach. Perhaps it's YOU who has the Florida Rose Colored Glasses on?! When you consistently have the talent he does, yet still aren't able to win the big game, I think there's an issue.

You talking about in 2005-06 when the Heat were barely above .500 (11-10) when Van Gundy "resigned"?? There's also a legitamite argument that if Van Gundy ISN'T replaced by Riley, the Heat don't win that year.

That's fine you think he's a "nice" guy. I just think he's not that great of a coach. Perhaps it's YOU who has the Florida Rose Colored Glasses on?! When you consistently have the talent he does, yet still aren't able to win the big game, I think there's an issue.

HERE...you are lost. And you should get your insight from OTHER forms other than Shaq!:rolleyes:

He was there when he had a rookie in Wade, Lamar Odom and another rookie named Carron Butler. A team with two rookies in the starting line-up and a guy that had talent and had not put it together. Gave the EVENTUAL NBA champion Detroit Pistons FITS in the 2nd round....then they trade 3/5 of the STARTING LINE-UP for Shaq. THEY get to the Easter Conference Finals again against Detroit....but a sick AND a hurt Wade is in effective and they get bounced by the Pistons in game 7. The year after, Reilly "has the bug to coach again" and make up this Bullsh!t about Van Gundy wanting to "spend time with the family" when EVERYONE and their mother knew this was about Shaq getting his way and wanting Reilly, seeing that is the ONLY way he would sign an extention. He goes to Orlando and finally the team spends the money to get a little support for Dwight Howard.

So, trying doing a little homework 1st the next time.;)

You talking about in 2005-06 when the Heat were barely above .500 (11-10) when Van Gundy "resigned"?? There's also a legitamite argument that if Van Gundy ISN'T replaced by Riley, the Heat don't win that year.

WHAT argument is this? Please give a legit one from LEAGUE SOURCES....not media opinion.

Resigned....please, everyone KNEW this was a Shaq power play and Reilly loved it for his ego.

AGAIN, try listening to other sources other than ESPN.:eureka

HERE...you are lost. And you should get your insight from OTHER forms other than Shaq!:rolleyes:

He was there when he had a rookie in Wade, Lamar Odom and another rookie named Carron Butler. A team with two rookies in the starting line-up and a guy that had talent and had not put it together. Gave the EVENTUAL NBA champion Detroit Pistons FITS in the 2nd round....then they trade 3/5 of the STARTING LINE-UP for Shaq. THEY get to the Easter Conference Finals again against Detroit....but a sick AND a hurt Wade is in effective and they get bounced by the Pistons in game 7. The year after, Reilly "has the bug to coach again" and make up this Bullsh!t about Van Gundy wanting to "spend time with the family" when EVERYONE and their mother knew this was about Shaq getting his way and wanting Reilly, seeing that is the ONLY way he would sign an extention. He goes to Orlando and finally the team spends the money to get a little support for Dwight Howard.

So, trying doing a little homework 1st the next time.;)

What are you his Stan's apologist? You've got more excuses than the amount of our national debt! ;)

WHAT argument is this? Please give a legit one from LEAGUE SOURCES....not media opinion.

Resigned....please, everyone KNEW this was a Shaq power play and Reilly loved it for his ego.

AGAIN, try listening to other sources other than ESPN.:eureka

You don't have to reference ESPN to see the result of the '05-'06 Heat before and after Gundy. The record and trophy speak for themselves. :eureka

What are you his Stan's apologist? You've got more excuses than the amount of our national debt! ;)

YOU are THERE and I am here. I get better more indepth LOCAL......

LOCAL.....

...coverage than YOU or the national media(your only source, it seems, ESPN) here in Miami. Just like I would expect for YOU to get BETTER, LOCAL coverage about a major sports story in Cleveland. :eureka

Beasley and Chalmers are only gonna get better, and the Heat will probably win 50 games next season.

For once, it looks like the pendulum is swinging to the Eastern Conference.

More teams (Atlanta, Chicago, Miami) are on the way up in the East. I can only think of Portland as a team that is ascending in the West.

i hope you're right bill. beasley was lost yesterday defensive wise. hopefully this is an issue he will improve on for next season. chalmers does show lots of promise. we need this group to improve and mature well so wade has a reason to stay when his contract is up. if we're still struggling when that time comes we migh lose him. i know he wants to stay but like most athletes he wants to win too.

YOU are THERE and I am here. I get better more indepth LOCAL......

LOCAL.....

...coverage than YOU or the national media(your only source, it seems, ESPN) here in Miami. Just like I would expect for YOU to get BETTER, LOCAL coverage about a major sports story in Cleveland. :eureka

The Miami Herald isn't available online? Look, I've read things from plenty of sources besides ESPN believe it or not. I've even drawn my own conclusions on the guy based on what I see with my own two eyes. GASP! It's the national media who praises the guy and I simply disagree with all the praise, that's it. If I was an ESPN drone, I'd be in love with him like you seem to be.

That's it on the Stan talk. We've already hi-jacked this thread enough. If you want to continue to discuss why I think Stan's overrated, let's take it to another thread.

With that said, back to NBA Playoff talk.....

The Miami Herald isn't available online? Look, I've read things from plenty of sources besides ESPN believe it or not. I've even drawn my own conclusions on the guy based on what I see with my own two eyes. GASP! It's the national media who praises the guy and I simply disagree with all the praise, that's it. If I was an ESPN drone, I'd be in love with him like you seem to be.

That's it on the Stan talk. We've already hi-jacked this thread enough. If you want to continue to discuss why I think Stan's overrated, let's take it to another thread.

With that said, back to NBA Playoff talk.....

Way more than just the Miami Herald...like local TV news, The Palm Beach Post, South Florida Sentinel...and so on. Believe me, everything gets scrutinized MORE than the national media does doen here.

It a matter of fact of you not liking him....period.

Way more than just the Miami Herald...like local TV news, The Palm Beach Post, South Florida Sentinel...and so on. Believe me, everything gets scrutinized MORE than the national media does doen here.

It a matter of fact of you not liking him....period.

i don't like him either. i don't think he's overrated as much as i do know he has a big mouth. he doesn't know when to shut the F* up! he bitched and complained plenty in his time in miami and he's still running his mouth at orlando. his brother is also very irritating. can't stand him on espn! but with that said stan did do a good job here in miami and is pushing the magic in the right direction. he just needs to bitch and whine less and behave more like a professional or he will lose the respect of the players there like he did here.

i don't like him either. i don't think he's overrated as much as i do know he has a big mouth. he doesn't know when to shut the F* up! he bitched and complained plenty in his time in miami and he's still running his mouth at orlando. his brother is also very irritating. can't stand him on espn! but with that said stan did do a good job here in miami and is pushing the magic in the right direction. he just needs to bitch and whine less and behave more like a professional or he will lose the respect of the players there like he did here.

Ugh! That brother of his! Jeff! He's terrible as an announcer! He always goes off on tangents that have nothing to do about basketball. Ugh, I can't stand Jeff! :)

Ugh! That brother of his! Jeff! He's terrible as an announcer! He always goes off on tangents that have nothing to do about basketball. Ugh, I can't stand Jeff! :)

+1. He's my all-time most hated announcer in any sport.

he's an idiot! he has to always contradict what the others are saying even if it doesn't make sense! what a douche bag!

i agree. there is no doubt in my mind that if riley doesn't step in we don't get it done. stan was struggling with that group of guys in his last season here because of what i already posted. he lost their respect..... you realize this by the comments of practically every player made of stan when he left. the only player that didn't say anything was wade. he's always been a classy guy...........

i agree. there is no doubt in my mind that if riley doesn't step in we don't get it done. stan was struggling with that group of guys in his last season here because of what i already posted. he lost their respect..... you realize this by the comments of practically every player made of stan when he left. the only player that didn't say anything was wade. he's always been a classy guy...........

Rey,

That was a power move created by Shaq to get Reilly to coach...no different than the power moved pull by Kobe to get Shaq traded in LA.

Belmont Stakes

Former Indians' Owner Dies

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)