2008 NFL Playoff Thread

IMO it's a failure of the personal conduct policy if he plays. If the NFL can confirm he failed a sobriety test, and he's already on probation for a previous DUI, he should be done for the playoffs.

Just the failure of the sobriety test should trigger the personal conduct policy discipline.

Barring some messed up evidence, court is just a formality to impose punishment at this point. I'm all for innocent until proven guilty, but if he did fail the sobriety test, then he's guilty as far as the personal conduct policy goes.

you don't think the NFL will get into it yet?

No, remember Santonio Holmes got Arrested For Marijuana, nothing from the NFL has happened to him yet.

Yeah the Steelers suspended him for a game, but it was their choice, the chargers don't have to do that if they don't want to.

It should be up to the team to discipline him.

tOSU's WR missed curfew before the Fiesta Bowl and didn't get to start.

It should be up to Norv to bench/discipline Vincent Jackson.

It is up to the Chargers to do anything about it. Per Adam Schefter the NFL cant do anything about it until the legal process is complete.

Chargers likely won't do anything and he wont get disciplined till next season.

It's just not as cut-dry as initially reported I don't think. If he was falling-down drunk I dont think he should be allowed to play. From KFFL... seems like he was driving like an idiot, and submitted to a blood test at the station and was released. Police report isn't complete.

Chargers | Jackson will be able to play against Pittsburgh
Wed, 07 Jan 2009 02:51:49 -0800

The North County Times reports San Diego Chargers WR Vincent Jackson's arrest on suspicion of drunken driving is still in process. Jackson submitted to a blood test and the results are pending. The case has not been turned over to prosecutors to file any charges because the police report is not yet complete. Jackson, in a statement, said he does not think any charges will be filed against him. This incident will not affect Jackson's chances of playing against the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Chargers said they are monitoring his case.

Saw this on ESPN, found ti funny and wanted to share:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4wWF0P_NT8]YouTube - Late Show - Top Ten Signs You Are Watching Too Much Football[/ame]

Cardinals on the S.I. Cover:

0114_large.jpg

BRING ON THOSE CAROLINA KITTY CATS!

I ain't afraid of them Panthers, anders!
No, but what about the SI jinks ?

This just in: Anquan Boldin is a game time decision. He's not going to test his injured hammy until just before kickoff! If Anquan can't go, this spells major trouble for the Cards.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs2008/news/story?id=3819483"]Arizona Cardinals' Anquan Boldin won't test hamstring until Saturday - ESPN[/ame]

I got this little tidbit from ESPN.com this morning:

If you like the Chargers, Cards or Eagles this weekend, remember that no team has advanced to a conference title game since 1996 without winning 10 games or more.

Here's the complete list of teams to make a conference final with a single-digit win total (16-game regular seasons):

1996: Jaguars (9-7) lost at Pats, 20-6.
1995: Colts (9-7) lost at Pittsburgh, 20-16.
1989: Browns (9-6-1) lost at Denver, 37-21.
1987: Vikings (8-7-1) lost at Washington, 17-10.
1984: Steelers (9-7) lost at Miami, 45-28.
1983: Seahawks (9-7) lost at L.A. Raiders, 30-14.
1979: Rams (9-7) won at Tampa Bay, 9-0.

Anders, here are the avatars for the Cardinals/Panthers bet.

If Carolina wins, I'll put up this avatar until January 25th:

061210_d_williams_200.jpg

If Arizona wins, Anders has to put up this avatar until the 25th:

p1_warner.jpg

One more thing:

Given how 99.99% of the planet doesn't like Arizona's chances to win, I propose this:

If the Cardinals win, Sandra must put up a picture of what she looks like.

Oh, and one more thing:

For all I hear about Carolina's 8-0 home record, let me give you some reminders of how a great home record can be meaningless come playoff time:

1995 Chiefs

1996 Broncos

1997 Chiefs

1998 Vikings

2003 Rams

2003 Chiefs

2004 Steelers

2005 Colts

2006 Chargers

8-0 home records can be MEANINGLESS come playoff time!

What Are the Mets Thinking?

Any of your teams have special food-related promotions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts