2008 NFL Playoff Thread

Sabres you're on! The Panthers are going to crush the Cardinals. The only question is whether they go over 200 yards rushing. I say over.

I want a rematch with the Giants. The Eagles may have something to say about that since they did beat the Giants the last time they played, but the Panthers will hold up their end.

There's no question about it.

Hell, Williams and Stewart may get 200 yards each! :D

You guys better be careful what you say.

Remember- when Arizona went to Carolina, they played them VERY close.

Besides, Carolina had a bad games the last time they faced a potent passing attack (New Orleans).

I'll call for the upset- after all, if a banged-up Charger team can beat the Colts in Indy last year, why can't Zona win in Charlotte?

Honestly, I'm not impressed by Carolina's 8-0 home record- did they have ANY impressive out-of-conference wins? NO! Denver, Kansas City, Detroit- not exactly powerhouses.

Besides, Carolina had a bad games the last time they faced a potent passing attack (New Orleans).

I'll call for the upset- after all, if a banged-up Charger team can beat the Colts in Indy last year, why can't Zona win in Charlotte?

Honestly, I'm not impressed by Carolina's 8-0 home record- did they have ANY impressive out-of-conference wins? NO! Denver, Kansas City, Detroit- not exactly powerhouses.

THIS is what cracks me up.

You say you're not impressed by Carolina's home record, BUT you fail to mention Arizona's woeful (and I mean WOEFUL) performance on the East Coast this year.

I watched the Cardinals in four regular season games:

They lost to the Giants at home, but admittedly played the defending champs tough.

They got pummeled by my Jets 56-35, the final score doesn't come close to explain the utter domination by the Jets.

On Thanksgiving night, the Cards get pummeled by the Eagles 48-20.

And finally, that game against New England in December was the WORST game I've EVER seen an NFL team play. The final score was 47-7, but it could've just as easily been 77-7!

If I was in a coma for the other 12 weeks and didn't know anything else, I would've said the Cardinals were the worst team in the history of the NFL...........nevermind a playoff team! :eek:

Obviously, I'm not saying that they're the worst team in NFL history, but IMO, they're a below average playoff team that's a product of the division they play in.

The Panthers were up 31-10 before the Saints voodoo kicked in. They will force Arizona to bring an 8th defender up to stop the run and then they'll have no one to help on Steve Smith. This will be like taking candy from a baby.

And in that 1st game this year the Panthers did have to rally to win, but once they got the lead they ran the clock out with 5 mins remaining. THAT's what a power running game will do!

You have a good point on power running, but look at what Arizona did to Michael Turner.

He was supposed to romp over the Cards' shoddy rush defense, and look what happened.

I ain't afraid of the Cardinals facing Smash and Dash.

BTW, given how the Bolts have eliminated Indy from the playoffs two years in a row, I think Indy's Super Bowl season was largely due to NOT playing the Chargers.
Bolts always have Indy's number, no matter where they play. Losing at home this year was a fluke. I think the Bolts are 3-1 over Indy since 2005, with two playoff wins. Manning may be the MVP, but the Bolts rattle him every time.

The Steelers are gonna be a tougher nut. Their pass defense is too good. I see a low scoring game, and turnovers will be the difference. Bolts have won a playoff game in Pittsburgh before, but not time.

Insider made a bold SB prediction; now it's my turn.

The Arizona Cardinals ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!

You heard it here first. Cards are going to Tampa.

If the Cards had home field throughout and the Super Bowl was hosted in Glendale this year, maybe. But they don't have home field throughout and the Super Bowl is in Miami. Sorry Sabres, they don't have a shot in hell. Remember, this team can't win East of Glendale.

anders, you feel more confident about a playoff game with Arizona or Minnesota?

(Carolina can't play Philly in the next round)

If I was Anders, I am ecstatic the Cards won and the Vikings lost. Minny has the best run defense in the league. They would've had a much better chance at shutting down Carolina's potent running offense than Arizona.

If the Cards had home field throughout and the Super Bowl was hosted in Glendale this year, maybe. But they don't have home field throughout and the Super Bowl is in Miami. Sorry Sabres, they don't have a shot in hell. Remember, this team can't win East of Glendale.

Ummmm...it's in Tampa Bay this year. That's OK, it will be our secret that you didn't know that, I promise I wont tell anyone.;)

Tampa Bay Super Bowl Host Committee - Super Bowl XLIII

Hey guys, Matt didn't know where the...:shh:shh:shh

I don't get it....EVERYONE knows I am a Raider fan and could really care less about the Dolphins...but how can he NOT win it??!! To help a team go from almost losing every single game to being a 3rd seed in the playoffs is almost unheard of....

...so IF the Dolphins were to win the Super Bowl....does ANYONE actually think Mike Smith is MORE deserving that Tony Sparano??!!

1. I think you're a closet Dolphins fan. You say you root for the Raiders, but you live in South Florida and always seem to take the Fins side in any argument. Posting a disclaimer like you did makes me think that deep down I am right.

2. Mike Smith is just as deserving if not more than Sparano. Both teams were pitiful last year, turned it around this year and made the playoffs. However, there is 1 HUGE difference between the 2 franchises.........

The Falcons franchise was an absolute disaster last year. Everything from the Vick-Dog-Gate incident, their Head Coach (Bobby Petrino) quitting the team in week 13 and the General Manager being fired. This team was in a world of hurt, both on and off the field. How they turned things around in such a short amount of time is anything short of amazing.

I liked this one:

Attachments

• priceless.JPG
    priceless.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 75
Yeah, nobody is giving the Cardinal's a chance to win in Carolina.
That's okay, they like it that way. After all, that's why they play the game right?

Interesting scenario; If (when) the Cardinal's win in Carolina and if (when) the Eagles win in NY, the NFC Championship game is played in Glendale.

It's all coming together nicely. :D

nobody is giving the Cardinal's a chance to win in Carolina.
That's okay, they like it that way. After all, that's why they play the game right?

Exactly.

I've seen so many teams that won on the road while given no chance (Steelers/Colts, Falcons/Packers, Jets/Chargers).

1. I think you're a closet Dolphins fan. You say you root for the Raiders, but you live in South Florida and always seem to take the Fins side in any argument. Posting a disclaimer like you did makes me think that deep down I am right.

I am about as much as Dolphin fan as you are a Steeler fan! The difference between you and me is that if a wrong was done to a Steeler player or coach, you would probably acknowledge it and maybe state he deserved it. Also, you have NO CHOICE but to hear news about the local teams all the time..:rolleyes:;)

2. Mike Smith is just as deserving if not more than Sparano. Both teams were pitiful last year, turned it around this year and made the playoffs. However, there is 1 HUGE difference between the 2 franchises.........

The Falcons franchise was an absolute disaster last year. Everything from the Vick-Dog-Gate incident, their Head Coach (Bobby Petrino) quitting the team in week 13 and the General Manager being fired. This team was in a world of hurt, both on and off the field. How they turned things around in such a short amount of time is anything short of amazing.

And going 1-15 and getting the two most popular players since Dan Marino traded or release ...is not worse than?? New President of Operations.....new GM...COMPLETELY new coaching staff and not to mention more than 50% of a new roster.

...so you were saying?:rolleyes:

NFL Playoff Week 1- Monday Morning QB by HD MM

1. Great Wild Card games on this first week of the playoffs! The results setup for some pretty intriguing divisional matchups next week.

2. In the Indy/SD game, the Colts had 0 turnovers and the Chargers gave up 2 costly turnovers. Typically in such a close game this would be the deciding factor, however this oddly wasn't the case. Instead, the Colts inability to run the ball was their downfall. Conversely, the Chargers ability to run effectively won them the game. BTW, how exciting is it to watch Darren Sproles play?!

3. Looking forward to the Chargers next game, it sounds like LaDanian Tomlinsion's groin injury is more serious than originally thought. As tiny, quick and slippery as Darren Sproles was last week, the Chargers will need all the fire power they have to upset Pittsburgh. I don't see how that smallish frame can handle a full work load against the drubbing the Steelers D will most likely impose on little Darren Sproles.

4. It's amazing to think the Chargers were 4-8 and all the pundits were calling for Norv Turner's head at one point. They are the hottest team in Football right now.

5. Will Tony Dungy retire after this early exit by the Colts?

6. The Cards advance with a win at home, yet they prove absolutely nothing until they can win a meaningful game on the road. A win in Charlotte would go a long way in proving many critics wrong.

7. Matt Millen has the credibility of a chipmunk. Why is he in the studio booth giving game analysis?

8. Donovan McNabb has never lost in the round of the playoffs. EVER! As much criticism this guy receives, he deserves all the praise in the world. I'd take him on my team any day.

9. The year Baltimore won their Super Bowl, they had a stout defense and adequate offense that makes limited mistakes. This years' team reminds me of much the same. Next weeks Raven/Titans game should be a smash-mouth, low scoring affair for the ages. The team with the fewest mistakes will win.

10. During the regular season, both the Eagles and Giants won games on eachothers opposing home turf. Next week Philly goes back to the Medowlands for a shot at the NFL Conference Championship Game. Is it too much to expect the Eagles to win twice at Giants Stadium in 1 year?

I respect the man for his accountability. It's one thing to have a crappy or two seasons and say "it's my fault".....but it take alot of guts to take FULL RESPONSIBILITY for what has happened his WHOLE TIME there, which includes this past miserable season.

I don't know about you....but that take alot of gumption to take that whole load....and he did. I respect him for not taking the low road and blame NO ONE ELSE but himself.

Just where did that happen? This guy made sure that nobody would know about this interview until shortly before it happened, so that Detroit writers wouldn't be there to ask the hard questions. He blew this all off like it's a joke, and it's on him. Of course it was his fault. What else was he going to say? I want more specific answers. Was Ford meddling? What was he thinking when he drafted 3 WR's? What about overpaying Free Agents? How did he let the defense get so bad? I can go on forever.

Salsa, if this was Al Davis, in the same situation, would you find this interview and apology acceptable? Put yourself in a Detroit Lions fan's shoes, and tell me this was acceptable.

What Are the Mets Thinking?

Any of your teams have special food-related promotions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts