X-Box, Playstation, and Wii Game News

If there's an option to use cards, I use that instead of credit cards. Also, for Xbox and PSN you don't need to go out to the store every time. You can get online codes instantly via Amazon. I trust them a hell of a lot more than I do Sony and Microsoft. I also took my credit card away from Steam. I know they haven't had any major breaches but I know they're probably under constant attack, and also it really cuts down on the impulsive purchases. Those are a little more annoying because not everyplace has the cards, and for some stupid reason it costs more on Amazon than the actual cards. Ironically I've gotten the majority of my Steam Wallet cards from selling stuff at GameStop. It's a little weird to go into a store that specializes in selling used physical games, selling them games, and then using the proceeds to buy completely digital games from a different store. But for whatever reason they're all for that and even have little Steam displays now at all the stores.

If you plan to buy that much digitally on the PSN, it might be worth getting a Sony PSN Rewards VISA card. You earn 10x points on all PSN purchases...assuming you qualify, of course. ;)

I prefer my card that gets me Amazon credit as rewards since I buy so much more stuff from Amazon than any other retailer. I don't use this Amazon credit only for games but a side benefit is that they do sell games for every platform I play on. That makes more sense to me than a card specifically good for PSN, Xbox Live, or Steam.

I don't buy a ton of stuff digitally on PSN since I play most of my multiplatform games on PC. If I am buying a PS4 game and the pricing is equal I always go for the digital version though.

Here's a comparison of Xbox 1 versus Xbox 360 of Black Ops 3. It reminds me of those old PC comparisons of ultra low vs ultra high detail.

Here's a comparison of Xbox 1 versus Xbox 360 of Black Ops 3. It reminds me of those old PC comparisons of ultra low vs ultra high detail.

I never played on a 360, but knowing it was comparable to the PS3 on multi-platform titles, I would say the developers intentionally nerfed the 360 graphics to something much worse than would normally be possible on the 360. Some of those scenes (like next to the stream or in that high-tech office building) looked like they came from the generation prior to 360/PS3. A $10 reduction in price on the last gen versions is not nearly enough.

I don't think it's as much a case of intentional nerfing as it is just a lack of focus on the title. I mean it's obvious the current gen versions are going to be the higher sellers. They're only releasing it to last gen because of the large install base. I'm pretty sure this will be the last CoD for last gen consoles, so I have a feeling the team involved didn't feel a great incentive to push the hardware to its limits. Besides, since it's all multiplayer, it's highly unlikely that many people are going to take time to admire the scenery. Also it's a straight up port, so stuff is going to be lost.

And again, the last gen version doesn't just have a price cut. They also get the original Black Ops for free as well.

And again, the last gen version doesn't just have a price cut. They also get the original Black Ops for free as well.

I think most people buying this would have rather gotten a lower price point than a free copy of the original Black Ops.

Most people who are big COD fans likely buy these games every year and already have a copy of the original Black Ops. Even if they only follow one branch of the COD franchise the Black Ops 3 market is likely to own Black Ops 1.

I see this as being a pointless gesture on the same level of WB giving free Arkham series games to people who got burned by Arkham Knight on PC.

In my mind they probably knew what they were offering wasn't worth more than $30. They didn't want to sell a new COD game that cheap so they took Black Ops 1, which still has an MSRP of $20 and bundled it in.

Bundling in a digital copy of another game Activision owns costs them $0 and it makes their $50 price point look less insulting.

If they didn't bundle it in they would basically be saying their single player campaign is only worth $10.

There's an upcoming Borderlands triple pack, which has all the 3 original games as well as ALL the DLC released all for just $50.....

...for the PS3 and Xbox 360.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/borderlands-triple-pack-revealed-release-date-anno/1100-6431998/

Makes more sense than the Handsome Jack collection for current gen not including the first Borderlands. A lot of last gen games are getting bundled this way, including the Assassin's Creed games (Ezio Collection and the Americas Collection). When new games aren't being created, rebundling old games is a great way to attract buyers to an overlooked series and to cash-in a bit more.

Reviews of Black Ops 3 are rolling in. Generally quite positive, with everyone praising multiplayer and numerous game modes. The campaign isn't faring so well, with the general consensus being "It's Okay." Still, "Okay" is better than bad, and I'm still excited to try it out Co-Op.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/3rq6v8/call_of_duty_black_ops_3_review_thread/

I have it downloaded and ready for versus and zombies tonight. Any fun I get out of the campaign is a bonus since that's not really what I buy these games for.

The embargo on Fallout 4 has lifted. General consensus is it's a great game, but has many bugs. So basically it's like every modern Fallout game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/3s4k5n/fallout_4_review_thread/

You could also be forgiven for not realizing that Rise of the Tomb Raider is also being released soon, and their embargo ended as well. Overall good reviews, although I get the feeling that if you didn't like the 2013 reboot, odds are you won't like this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/3s418x/rise_of_the_tomb_raider_review_thread/

The embargo on Fallout 4 has lifted. General consensus is it's a great game, but has many bugs. So basically it's like every modern Fallout game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/3s4k5n/fallout_4_review_thread/
Here's the IGN video review if you just want to see a quick rundown of the game. I'm definitely sold but I was pretty much already there before any reviews hit.

I should be done with Arkham Knight by the end of this week. As soon as I finish that game I'm pulling the trigger on the best price I see for the PC version of Fallout 4. I'm not waiting around for rock bottom pricing on this one.

You could also be forgiven for not realizing that Rise of the Tomb Raider is also being released soon, and their embargo ended as well. Overall good reviews, although I get the feeling that if you didn't like the 2013 reboot, odds are you won't like this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/3s418x/rise_of_the_tomb_raider_review_thread/

Unlike Fallout 4 I probably will wait for the discount bin on this one. I actually really liked what I played of the Tomb Raider reboot from 2013. I never finished it because Bioshock Infinite came out shortly after and took all my attention. I do want to play this game but I want to actually finish the 2013 Tomb Raider first and that's not going to happen this holiday season.

I doubt I'll be playing Rise of the Tomb Raider on Xbox One unless it ends up on Games With Gold before I get to it. By the time I'm ready to play it the PC version will be out so I'll just wait for a deal on that one.

So people are making some, interesting characters in Fallout 4..

http://kotaku.com/the-ugliest-characters-of-fallout-4-1741653859

When I use character creation tools in video games I always go one of two ways. Either I try to make some weird approximation of myself or I make something ridiculous. I've never made something quite as grotesque as most of those characters though.

Unfortunately it doesn't sound like most people will see their character's face after the start of the game though. The Giant Bomb guys said that you find helmets near the beginning of the game and once you have one you will always wear it for the defense stat points. If your character is wearing a helmet in the regular game their face will be covered in the cutscenses unless you manually take it off before every big moment.

The need to adopt the system that Mass Effect, Destiny, and even Saint's Row IV used. All of those games had a toggle in the options that would remove your helmet for cutscenes if you wanted to.

Nuka Cola is coming to Target

If it isn't stupidly expensive I'll grab some to keep in my home office/PC gaming room just as a decorative collectors item. I already have a can of Duff Beer a friend got for me in college in there and some other stuff like that. If it tastes good I'll probably drink 5 of the bottles and keep the last one to display.

Aparently this was a popular item. I stopped at Target looking for some over my lunch break. An employee told me they sold out about 20 minutes after they opened the store today.

I thought it was pretty funny that the employee had no idea what the point of it was. She actually told me she couldn't understand why everyone was so excited for a new flavor of Jones Soda. The game tie in was completely lost on her.

Aparently this was a popular item. I stopped at Target looking for some over my lunch break. An employee told me they sold out about 20 minutes after they opened the store today.

I thought it was pretty funny that the employee had no idea what the point of it was. She actually told me she couldn't understand why everyone was so excited for a new flavor of Jones Soda. The game tie in was completely lost on her.

You're not the only one with issues finding it

When I use character creation tools in video games I always go one of two ways. Either I try to make some weird approximation of myself or I make something ridiculous. I've never made something quite as grotesque as most of those characters though.

Unfortunately it doesn't sound like most people will see their character's face after the start of the game though. The Giant Bomb guys said that you find helmets near the beginning of the game and once you have one you will always wear it for the defense stat points. If your character is wearing a helmet in the regular game their face will be covered in the cutscenses unless you manually take it off before every big moment.

The need to adopt the system that Mass Effect, Destiny, and even Saint's Row IV used. All of those games had a toggle in the options that would remove your helmet for cutscenes if you wanted to.

Since over 90% of video game protagonists are white males, I tend go the Weird Science route and make my RPG characters hot women and/or multi-ethnic. Men I make multi-ethnic (multi-ethnic of course including the "Elf" and "Dwarf" races). But for FO4, it sounds like I should just not bother, save time, and use the default character settings, though maybe the remove helmet feature could be patched in later?

You're not the only one with issues finding it

I would take this with a grain of salt because the target employee I was talking to didn't seem to know a lot about the product but she claimed another shipment was coming in Thursday.

In the meantime you can try these substitutes..

ABuA06L.jpg

Playstation Classic Game Console w/Enhancements

PSN Network ID

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)