X-Box, Playstation, and Wii Game News

http://kotaku.com/a-price-of-games-journalism-1743526293

Kotaku has a big article up detailing the reasons they were not able to get Fallout 4 and Assassin's Creed Syndicate Reviews up on day one like everyone else. Apparently Bethesda and Ubisoft have both been blackballing Kotaku for posting articles about Fallout 4, AC Unity, and AC Syndicate before they were publicly announced.

They were not breaking any embargoes when they published these articles because the games weren't even supposed to exist when the articles were published. Kotaku came across leaked information and chose to publish rumor articles.

In retaliation for Kotaku posting these articles before Bethesda and Ubisoft's marketing teams decided to publicly announce the games in question both of these major publishers have stopped sending Kotaku early review copies of games. They have also stopped responding to interview requests, stopped inviting Kotaku reporters to press events, and stopped responding to any emails or phone calls from Kotaku.

Even more interesting was a link in this article to a story from back in 2007 where Sony did the same thing when Kotaku published a rumor about Playstation Home before it was publicly anounced. In this case the senior director of corporate communications at Sony actually took the time to email Kotaku and tell them they were being black balled. He actually told them they were no longer invited to any of the events they already had invitations to and said they would no longer be working with Kotaku.

Unfortunately for him Kotaku published his ridiculous email and Sony was quickly forced to reverse their decision.
https://web.archive.org/web/2007030.../gaming/top/sony-blackballs-kotaku-240860.php

Well here's something you don't see everyday (or at least something you DIDN'T see until this year..)

Afro Samurai 2 (Volume 1) apparently was a really bad game. How bad was it? It was so bad that today the publisher pulled the game from all digital distributors (It was released in Mid September), and is offering refunds to anyone that purchased the game. They're also cancelling Volumes 2 & 3.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/afro-samurai-2-removed-from-stores-games-canceled-/1100-6432449/

You can play Madden 16 for free for the weekend if you have a PS4 or Xbox One.

Perplexingly, the deal is different based on your system. If you have a Xbox One, you get 10 hours of playtime. Sounds cool, right? Well it does until you find out that PS4 players get UNLIMITED playtime. Hell with that you can basically do all the game offers over a weekend (assuming you don't value sleep much.)

https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/2015/free-trial

Reactions: Zookster
If you purchased Binding Of Isaac Rebirth on any platform other than PS4 or PC and were looking forward to the expansion Afterbirth, well...

If you purchased Binding Of Isaac Rebirth on any platform other than PS4 or PC and were looking forward to the expansion Afterbirth, well...

That's too bad. Binding of Isaac was one of the best cross buy games between Vita and PS4 in my opinion. Your saves easily transferred back and forth between both platforms and it is probably my most played game on Vita. The load times were quite a bit slower than when I played on the PS4 at home but it was a great "on the go" experience because the actual gameplay was identical to the PS4 version.

To be fair I haven't bought the Afterbirth expansion and I haven't paid enough attention to even really know what it is because I haven't played the game in a while.

Lizard Squad claims reponsibility for PlayStation Network outage

http://www.neowin.net/news/lizard-squad-claims-reponsibility-for-playstation-network-outage

Just a few hours ago, the PlayStation Network has experienced a mass outage, which was allegedly caused by high traffic from new activations from consoles bought during Black Friday. However, in a recent turn of events, Lizard Squad, a popular hacker group, has claimed responsibility over the said issue.

Just a few hours before the PlayStation team on Twitter acknowledged the problem, Lizard Squad founder "¢hippy," who goes under the username @chippyshell on Twitter, sent a tweet which seemed to be warning about a big event happening soon

Sony unlocks seventh CPU core on PlayStation 4

http://www.neowin.net/news/sony-unlocks-seventh-cpu-core-on-playstation-4

Back in January of this year, Microsoft unlocked its seventh CPU core in an effort to improve the performance of the Xbox One console. It looks like Sony has taken a page out of Microsoft's playbook because, according to the PlayStation 4 software changelog, an update to the console is opening up developer access to the seventh core of the CPU.

Sony's optimization of the PS4 aims to improve the performance of games. Even though the Xbox Onegets blasted for not frequently matching the PS4 for graphical performance, Sony's console regularly misses the coveted 1080p/60FPS benchmark in major game releases as well. The unlocking of a seventh CPU core for the PS4 will help developers improve performance, but expectations should be tempered. Like the Xbox One, the seventh core will not be fully accessible for games. Developers are expected to have something closer to half of the seventh core available for games, leaving the other half available for the operating system.

The PS4 has received more praise for its GPU than the Xbox One but occasionally catches flak for inconsistency in frame rate performance due to its CPU, an area where the Xbox One actually has an advantage. Opening up a seventh core for the PS4 should allow games played on the console to run a bit smoother going forward. Whether or not previously-released games will see any benefits from this unlock likely relies on developers patching their games to take advantage of the extra power.

via Eurogamer

Had a blast with it last night on PC.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I watched Giant Bomb's quick look of Just Cause 3 running on PC and it looked awesome. I've never played a Just Cause game but I'll definitely be looking out for deals on it.

You may be better off starting with 2. Nearly all the reviews basically mention that 3 is just more of 2, 2 is much cheaper (it's put on sale constantly) and there's a bunch of MODs available for it.

I watched Giant Bomb's quick look of Just Cause 3 running on PC and it looked awesome. I've never played a Just Cause game but I'll definitely be looking out for deals on it.
I paid less than $30 at CDkeys. 2 is excellent also, but 3 is better w/the multi-grapple and oh-so pretty Michael Bay explosions everywhere.

I liked 2, but 3 is worth it for fans of the franchise. The increased fidelity is noticeable imo. Looking forward to getting back into it tonight.

You may be better off starting with 2. Nearly all the reviews basically mention that 3 is just more of 2, 2 is much cheaper (it's put on sale constantly) and there's a bunch of MODs available for it.

Yeah, I think I got Just Cause 2 for about $2. I've never actually launched it though.

I paid less than $30 at CDkeys. 2 is excellent also, but 3 is better w/the multi-grapple and oh-so pretty Michael Bay explosions everywhere.

I liked 2, but 3 is worth it for fans of the franchise. The increased fidelity is noticeable imo. Looking forward to getting back into it tonight.

I'm not a fan of key re-sellers like CDKeys and G2A. Square Enix is usually pretty liberal with their discounts. I have a feeling it won't be long before I can get Just Cause 3 for that price from someone else, especially if it doesn't sell well with all the big holiday releases. I'm not going to be playing it anytime soon with Fallout 4 still being fresh so I don't mind waiting a bit.

Rocket League's latest update is now live. The new arena is free for everyone. If you want the new cosmetics like cars and decals they come in a $3.99 DLC pack.

Other game publishers should take note. Rocket League's DLC plan is based on free updates for everyone and those who want to give a little extra support can buy cosmetic packs. That is one of the reasons Rocket League is still in the top 10 sales list on Steam several months after release. This is also the 3rd cosmetic DLC pack I have bought simply because I appreciate the work these guys do.

Playstation Classic Game Console w/Enhancements

PSN Network ID

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)