Watching dish on computer

loganguy09

Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
Philadelphia, Pa
Hi I'm in a dilema and I've tried all kinds of tv tuners and haven't found the solution to my problem. I have a dish network hd receiver hooked up to my tv in my bedroom and the tv2 ouptput to my tv in my living room.

How do I split that signal to add cable tv to my computer and have it operate independently of the other tv's? If someone is watching something on my living room tv and something else on my bedroom tv how do I watch something different using my dish network cable access on my computer?

Thanks for your help any suggestions will be appreciated.

a 922 still isnt going to do it. there are only 2 tuners, your talking about wanting a 3rd tuner. Its not like cable where you can just split signal and watch a seperate show

Garys - tv1 is in my room and tv2 is in my living room. I have the hd box in my room while tv2 just uses a coaxial cable. Thekrell would a 922 work for that? I called Dish and they told me I needed a slingbox but looking at reviews for a week on it a few mentioned that whatever the cablebox looks at you look at also on your slingbox.

Any other solutions?

Scott has sometimes called the Sling output of the 922 "TV3", so I think the answer depends upon what exactly loganguy wants to do. I have no idea whether manipulating the tuner via the Sling output will modify the Sat 1 tuner, or the Sat 2 tuner, or one of the OTA tuners, or none of the above! I've asked, but nobody has answered yet.

If it's like the TV2 input/output on a 722, then you will be able to manipulate only the satellite 2 tuner and nothing else, not even the OTA tuner. But maybe a 722k is different since there are two OTA tuners, or maybe the TV3 output can do anything. (Yeah, right.) Anyhow, I am hopeful that IF one wants to watch a recording via Sling, you can do so without bothering the other TV outputs. Or IF the tuner you want to manipulate is not being used because that TV is itself on a recording, THEN you should be able to do that without disturbing the other viewers.

So the answer really is "I have no idea, but maybe." The 922 isn't out yet, so I was being optimistic and facetious with my comment above. As far as the CSR recommended external Slingbox, that will definitely not help the OP with his existing receiver, since there are only TV1 and TV2 outputs. His Slingbox (if he bought one) would definitely disturb whichever TV output it's hooked up to.

All clear now? ;)

Since Dish does not have a three output receiver, I would go with the assumption that sling would not be tuner 3 on a 922 until something shows that it would be. Anything set up to use sling currently does not give you another output, it uses an existing one.

Watching Tidal tv for a couple of days I get reruns all the time.

Is there not a solution for watching Dish Network on your computer? Watching programs as they appear in real time?

Other then using a Slingbox no...

However I am hearing they will be announcing something at CEDIA (But more likely CES) that will allow you to watch using Windows 7 and a special tuner inside of Media center. :)

722 and component output to SD tv

What's the latest on 922 release?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)