Hopper Power on question with 54 remote.

My soundbar (LG) automatically goes off after 5 min when there is no signal from the TV. It also turns on by itself as soon as it has a signal from the TV. So I really don't have to monkey with it. I still must keep them both in sync (see my previous message), or one will turn off while the other will turn on when I press the remote power button

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have had that issue but it was an easy fix. With me, the remote power button for the Hopper and TV get out of sync. On my system, the Hopper uses RF to communicate, while the TV power uses IR from the Dish remote. If the two get out of sync, pressing the Power button on the remote, turns off the TV but turns on the Hopper, or if the opposite, the power button turns on the Hopper but turns off the TV.

With the TV on and the Hopper showing the stand-by screen, just hold your hand over the IR sensor on the front of the Dish remote to block the IR signal, then while doing this, press the power button on the remote. The RF signal will turn on the Hopper but will not turn off the TV. Then both will be back in sync. The next time, pressing the remote power button will turn off both the Hopper and TV and then will turn both on when you press it again.

The same scenereo should apply with the sound bar. I assume the sound bar uses IR. With the sound bar on, just block the IR signal from the remote and press the power button to turn on the Hopper to get them back in sync.
I use my Fire Stick remote to turn the TV and Sony Surround Sound on by a single power button press. The Mrs. uses the dish remote (aux/power/sat/power) to turn on both then to turn it off sat/power/aux/power. If the remote has not been altered since power on/off the first press in each sequence is redundant.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Questions about Hopper Plus

Hopper 381