Video Game Deals

Yeah I saw that too. Tempting as well but money's too tight for me to justify the purchase.

The thing giving me pause is not the pricing. I have a lot of stuff on my HDD. Transferring music isn't that big of a deal and I don't mind re-downloading the games I'm still playing but not everything supports cloud saves. The game I'm currently playing most, Dark Souls, does not.

I need to figure out where all my saves are and back them up. I think the whole process of transferring the stuff I want to keep is going to be a real pain in the ass. Still, I think I'm going to go for it.

Edit: Looking through the Amazon reviews changed my mind. It sounds like this isn't a very good SSD. This deal convinced me to go with the Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD for $149.99 instead.

https://www.humblebundle.com/telltale-bundle

There is an awesome Telltale Humble Bundle this week. I'm going with the $12 full package Just so I don't have to play Game of Thrones on console. That's the best price I have seen on that game by itself and you also get the following.

The Walking Dead Season 1
The Walking Dead Season 2
The Walking Dead 400 Days
The Wolf Among Us
Game of Thrones
Tales from the Borderlands
Back to the Future
Sam & Max
Poker Night 1 and 2
Puzzle Agent 1 and 2
and more to be added next Tuesday.

If you haven't played even 2 or 3 of these games this bundle is definitely worth it.

Last edited:
Beat me to it.. yes this is seriously one of the BEST bundles they've ever had. $12 for any of these games by themselves would be a great deal. To get ALL these games is fantastic. I mean I already own most of these but for anyone that doesn't, get it.

If I didn't already own GoT I'd pick this up, but honestly I'm not buying the same game twice. I mean I'd like to think the PS4 performance isn't so bad that it justifies spending an extra $12 to play on my PC. I really should go and boot that game up. Maybe once the mid-year rush dies down.

That's a ridiculous deal. As little as I've paid for those games (I have all of them except the first Poker Night and the Puzzle Agent), I've still spent over $40 total and that's with a 75% discount on some.

Beat me to it.. yes this is seriously one of the BEST bundles they've ever had. $12 for any of these games by themselves would be a great deal. To get ALL these games is fantastic. I mean I already own most of these but for anyone that doesn't, get it.

If I didn't already own GoT I'd pick this up, but honestly I'm not buying the same game twice. I mean I'd like to think the PS4 performance isn't so bad that it justifies spending an extra $12 to play on my PC. I really should go and boot that game up. Maybe once the mid-year rush dies down.

Part of the reason I bought it is because I didn't own the PC version of most of these games. I bought TWD season 1 and 2 on PS3, Game of Thrones on PS4, and Tales from the Borderlands on Xbox One. The only games I had on PC were The Wolf Among us and Back to the Future.

After the terrible performance problems I had with the Xbox One version of Tales from the Borderlands I wasn't looking forward to restarting my Game of Thrones playthrough on PS4. I have been looking for a good deal on the PC version of GoT for a while now so I would have taken $12 for that game by itself. I also wouldn't mind replaying The Walking Dead games or Tales from the Borderlands. For me $12 was totally worth it even though I already owned various versions of most of these games just so I would never have to deal with their console ports again.

Edit: here is my clip of the terrible Xbox One performance for those interested. Do not watch it if you haven't played the game yet.

Some interesting deals in the weekend Playstation Flash Sale.
I've linked the PS4 stuff, which includes Sleeping Dogs DE for $9.99; Tomb Raider DE for $7.49; Tearaway Unfolded for $7.99; The Order 1886 for $7.99.

Metro Redux for $7.49 is a really good deal too. If you are in to FPS games that actually have a story this is two of them that are really well liked bundled together for less than $10.

When I saw the headline of "God Of War on PS+ free games" I thought perhaps we'd get the PS4 God of War 3 game, which I'd actually sort of like because I wouldn't mind playing GoW again, but of course the Vita game does me no good.

I know this conversation has happened just about every month but it really is bad. At the beginning of the console generation it made sense that the games offered were weaker simply because there wasn't very many games to choose from and they weren't going to give the best ones away when there was so little available to purchase. That isn't really a valid excuse anymore.

There are tons of AAA games available now that have been discounted to the $10-$20 range during PSN sales. Again, I'm not against indie games but they rarely seem to even be choosing the top tier games in that range. It's a problem when someone who follows video games as much as I do has never heard of most of the games being offered every month. There are the big exceptions like Rocket League, Binding of Isaac, and Rogue Legacy but they are definitely the exception and not the rule.

Microsoft changing XBox Live Gold plan

ps4 Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Latest posts