Trouble with newest Hopper Software Update?

lesterd88

Original poster
Mar 12, 2014
United States
Hi all,

Question for everyone. We have Hopper with Sling, and two Joeys at home. Recently the system did a software update (I wanna say since about last Friday), and now our Hopper has been acting strange. It basically isn't engaging tuners. So for example, during PrimeTime Anytime's window, the scheduler shows that the DVR is recording, and the other shows that we have scheduled that will record. But if I go to the TV Status screen, every tuner shows "[Insert Show Here] is about to record" on all tuners as if the system is about to start the recordings. We also cannot join or choose any of the tuners to use on any of the TVs. Also PTAT is not shown as recording. After a reboot the system is fine, it picks up where it left off but this has been a daily occurrence. Anyone else experiencing something similar?

Thanks!

Haven't seen it. I recommend you unplug the unit for a minute and replugging and see if that helps. Can't hurt to try.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Thought the same thing. I did that the last couple days, but no luck. I called support the first night it happened because the Joey's both lost their authorization and had to be refreshed which was strange, but I haven't called back since. Probably should log a call.

My Hopper2000 is actually better with the new update. I was getting system and remote freezes which required a red button reboot about every other day until it came out. Now I will get some slowing but not a single freeze (knock on wood) since it came out.

The "...is about to begin recording" error happens to me quite often since the S338 update in some form almost every day. I've even mentioned it in the thread here: Hopper With Sling Software Version S338 It normally is with only one stuck but I've had some occasions where it managed to get two tuners stuck. Recording back-to-back episodes or two shows on the same channel seems to increase the chances for this to happen. I've never had all three tuners get stuck yet, but if that happens I guess you pretty much have no option but to reset.

If you do have one or two tuners still free, a reset will fix it but I don't find it ideal to stop and interrupt any more of my recordings just because my Hopper decided to act up. Although the meantime should you need that tuner for a later recording, that tuner is now effectively tied up. It could even get as serious as to skip another of your recordings or present a conflict resolution screen because the Hopper is still recording on the tuner even though nothing is resulting. If you click on it since it's taken you get bounced down to the PrimeTime Anytime Button. You can either wait it out and hope it disappears after the recording time has elapsed or find the Timer Event for the stuck show and delete it. Also I have experience with tuners getting stuck well past their record time since Saturday morning I had a show scheduled to record from 2-2:30 a.m. and the TV Activity still showed it stuck several hours later after the show was long over.

Last edited:

Questions about getting Dish ( currently fed up with Comcast )

Additional Joey - ethernet only?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)