Wally W577 software update

Radioguy41

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
Lehighton, PA
My two Wallys just received the W577 update. I only noticed this because it froze one of the Wallys and I had to do a reset. The other one was ok. Haven't noticed any difference so far but haven't checked the DVR trick buttons yet. Anybody know what was changed?

My two Wallys just received the W577 update. I only noticed this because it froze one of the Wallys and I had to do a reset. The other one was ok. Haven't noticed any difference so far but haven't checked the DVR trick buttons yet. Anybody know what was changed?
I *think* it was the patch for your antenna to stop looking for sat 129.

Reactions: charlesrshell
So is the Wally still looking for 129?
In reference to your other post:
On software U808? Yes.
On software W573 and newer? No.

If it is only in line of sight of 129, you will not acquire signal as we no longer utilize that satellite. Assuming you are using the correct cable configuration and recommended length, you may need to relocate the Tailgater for better line of sight.

Regardless, your Wally software needs to be updated.

Reactions: charlesrshell
In reference to your other post:
On software U808? Yes.
On software W573 and newer? No.

If it is only in line of sight of 129, you will not acquire signal as we no longer utilize that satellite. Assuming you are using the correct cable configuration and recommended length, you may need to relocate the Tailgater for better line of sight.

Regardless, your Wally software needs to be updated.
Thanks. I did connect the Wally to my home dish and updated the software. I did notice that 129 is no longer part of the acquired signal page. When I have a minute I’ll attach the Wally to my Tailgater Pro. 🤞🏻

Tailgater Pro and Wally

Wally signal protector