Three Hoppers

I got my third Hopper installed yesterday. As it turns out, with the 1000.2 DPP Twin LNBF, the receiver wants all three inputs plugged into the DPP44 and the DPP33. When I first hooked it up with just two, 72 on input 1 and 61.5 on input 2, and turned on the Hopper's they only saw 61.5. I went and hooked the third line coming from the LNBF up, and ran another cable to the DPP33 from the DPP44, came in and did a check switch, and the Hoppers seen both 61.5 and 72. Anyway, now all three of them and the two Joeys see each other and the setup seems to be working well. I have an extra DPP44 that I have put up, if I get the fever again, I might have to try adding a fourth one in my kitchen, lol. Thanks to everyone here for all of the help, I apprecaite it very much and could not have gotten it done without everyone's input.

Odd, what port are your receivers catching 72.7 on? Port 3? DPP Twin EA is an odd LNB, perhaps the internal switch won't disable unless all three ports are connected to the DPP44. Either that or it only puts out 72.7 on the (most likely) port 1 of the dish itself.

By the way, the DPP44 + DPP33 combo will support four Hoppers as well. That's how I have mine set up.

Odd, what port are your receivers catching 72.7 on? Port 3? DPP Twin EA is an odd LNB, perhaps the internal switch won't disable unless all three ports are connected to the DPP44. Either that or it only puts out 72.7 on the (most likely) port 1 of the dish itself.

By the way, the DPP44 + DPP33 combo will support four Hoppers as well. That's how I have mine set up.
Even though it is hooked to port 1 on the DPP44, the Hoppers show 72 as being on port 2 and 61.5 that is hooked to port 2 on the 44, shows as port 1, this is the same way on the Hopper that is hooked to the DPP33, it is hooked up the same way, 72 on 1 and 61.5 on 2, but shows reverse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where do you have the power inserted for the 44? It needs to be plugged in separate from the node. Make sure to use ports 2,3,4 for the node.

Even though it is hooked to port 1 on the DPP44, the Hoppers show 72 as being on port 2 and 61.5 that is hooked to port 2 on the 44, shows as port 1, this is the same way on the Hopper that is hooked to the DPP33, it is hooked up the same way, 72 on 1 and 61.5 on 2, but shows reverse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You should try removing the 72 cable on port 1, putting the 72 cable from port 3 on port 1, then run a check switch and see if it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Everything is working fine, so I think I will probably just leave it alone. If it ain't broke, don't fix it approach. From what i read about the 1000.2 EA Twin LNB, port 1 is 72, port 2 is 61.5 and port 3 is 72 as well.
I have the power inserter in port 1, like it should be, it is on a dedicated cable.
Like I said, everything works great, so I'll just leave it alone unless it starts to give trouble, I just found it curious the way the orbital slots show up on different ports.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

• The install guide says "when using with a DPP44 switch, connect 72.7 to port 1 and 61.5 to port 2" on the switch. On the LNB the center port is 61.5 and the other two are 72.7.

Well it will probably work just fine as-is, but that's just what I'd do. I like to have everything "to spec."

Well it will probably work just fine as-is, but that's just what I'd do. I like to have everything "to spec."
Tried your suggestion, I moved the #3 input which is from the # output on the DPP Twin to #1 on the DPP44. Now it works like it should. 72 is on input #1 on the DPP44 and DPP33 and 61.5 is on #2 on DPP44 and DPP33. Evidently, when hooking to a switch, the #2 and #3 outputs from a DPP Twin EA are what you want for the DPP44. Thanks for the suggestion.

Dish 1000.2 with SW21

Please for your help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)