The Acolyte - Disney+

This isn't as exciting as I'd hoped for whatever reason, I hope it's good and I'm looking forward to giving it a shot.
I am getting a prequel vibe from it.

That is not a good thing.

Still getting a Prequel vibe, that is not a good thing.

Enjoyed the first 3 episodes. Still hate the weekly release schedule that Disney and others have employed. Tends to just make me stop watching and if I remember, watch it at a later time.

Noticed a cloaked figure hiding in plain sight in last nights episode during the witches ascension ceremony.

I enjoyed the first 2 episodes. The usual whining about diversity and representation don't really do anything for me, and enjoy the content for what it is. Just like the MCU, make good content and whatever pretense or stereotype people bring to bear has little meaning if what you're watching is good. That being said, I thought the first two episodes weren't bad at all and look forward to where it goes from there.

The second half of this 3rd episode was really, really rough though. I absolutely loved the coven world building, but the events that followed, not so much.

She lit a door on fire... and then murdered everyone? Really? I get that it's a mystery and there should be things left unexplained for later, but this was such a big leap that I spent the rest of the episode wanting to know why we had such a big leap in logic or such a huge offscreen event, to the point that the episode just didn't work for me. There's no 'oh, and by the way look what also happened to our antagonist' to round it out. Instead there's a outright hole in the story we're missing about what really happened and are found waiting for that bit to be filled in. There's no 'Agatha All Along!' (though we're going to get that, too, probably w/ Carrie-Anne Moss IMO) with this episode.

I presume 4 will be the story so far told from the other side, as our antagonist moves on the wookie Jedi.

Feel like i need to go listen to a breakdown or a podcast or something on 3 to really re-process what I watched, because that was just not a great origin episode to me, at all. Maybe I missed something or misunderstood something.

Midnight Boys should be entertaining, may drop some thoughts after listening later, nice that they're on YT now:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw--5xJ_rjg

Reactions: Foxbat
I watched the first two, enjoyed them better then the damn prequels, but decided to wait for the season to finished.

I believe I will enjoy it better binge watching.

Not like there is nothing else to watch, it would take a couple of years just getting caught up with what is on Netflix.

I noticed that the scenes with the young twins playing together were seamless; a far cry from Alpha Kirk and Milquetoast Kirk playing off each other. Looking at IMDB explains why: young Osha and young Mae are played by actual twins! Practical effects, indeed.
Noticed a cloaked figure hiding in plain sight in last nights episode during the witches ascension ceremony.
Now I need to rewatch to see that!

Reactions: osu1991
I noticed that the scenes with the young twins playing together were seamless; a far cry from Alpha Kirk and Milquetoast Kirk playing off each other. Looking at IMDB explains why: young Osha and young Mae are played by actual twins! Practical effects, indeed.

Now I need to rewatch to see that!

Attachments

• IMG_0418.png
    IMG_0418.png
    519.3 KB · Views: 22
I've seen the first 3 episodes and they are absolute garbage. Terrible writing and terrible character development. Andor and the first 2 seasons of The Mandalorian are the only live action Star Wars shows that are worth a damn.

I've seen the first 3 episodes and they are absolute garbage. Terrible writing and terrible character development. Andor and the first 2 seasons of The Mandalorian are the only live action Star Wars shows that are worth a damn.
The 17% audience score on RT agrees with you!

So far I have read very little complimentary about this show. I'll still watch it when all is available but not really looking forward to it.

So far I have read very little complimentary about this show. I'll still watch it when all is available but not really looking forward to it.
Nature of the internet and the world it seems. More complaints than compliments for everything. Personally I thought about 80% of Andor was a bunch of garbage. Never know until you try it.

Star Trek Discovery

Resident Alien on SyFy