Some New to Sat questions

withay

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 3, 2007
Canyon Country, CA
Hi all! I'm going to be signing up for satellite service this week (probably Dish) and I was wondering:

My TV (Hitachi 57F500) has no HDMI connection, just DVI, component, etc... How will that work with HD receivers?

Just how big are some of these dishes? Are the new one's still not very huge?

How does one receiver operate two TV's, and allow you to watch different things and even record different things on the second TV?

And most important: How come D* is DirecTV and E* is Dish??

Thanks for your help!

Yes it will work fine. There are HDMI to DVI connectors. Or you could just run component cables. You'll just run separate audio cables.

Around 19" - Depending upon where you are, you might be better off with 2 of these, or one slightly larger dish.

The ViP622, for example, has two sets of outputs, for TV1 & TV2. TV2 uses a UHF remote, TV1 uses IR (normally). You would run the ViP622 in dual mode.

E* = Echostar, the parent company of Dish.

Welcome to the family.

Thanks for the response! Now all I have to do is get over the worry that I'm going to hate the picture quality! I have Time/Warner now, and want more HD channels. It's the SD I'm worried about.

I can't imagine why you would hate the PQ. Your HDTV is a CRT RPTV. I believe it has 7" guns- correct me if I'm wrong. It will display HD just fine, matching well with the resolutions Dish transmits.

As to SD, it will probably be about the same as you see today. Better, if your cable is analog. In any event, you will have some period of time to cancel the deal if you aren't happy. And you could keep the cable until after satellite is installed and you are happy.

Cox and LIN make nice

OOL Boost Upgrade

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)