Software Upgrade for locals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

toxicranger

Original poster
Aug 21, 2005
I have the document posted here but the last unit an R-10 failed durring the software upgrade for locals. I have a replacement Samsung but fear doing in a second unit. My meter says I have the 72.5 and the regular satelite and both are in the ninty plus range. I have a Zinwell 6X8 switch and the unit sees the switch but still no locals. Any help would make my day, thanks the toxic ranger

The R-10 does not need a software upgrade. The software for locals is already installed. Can you see both even and odd transponders on 72.5 on the R10?

And if you have both did you call directv and activate your local channels? They will not appear until you turn on your locals in the account.

I have great signal from the normal and the 72.5 the DVR durring autodetect it lists the switch but only lists the 101 for both. When I called D they said a service tech would need to come out with a pre loaded box to solve my problem. I tried three different days to get with the tech but after no call to cancel and three days off I want to solve this on my own. I have installed about fifty dish and D systems for friends and relatives so the experience and my signal meter say it should work but to no avail. I have the locals on and I am paying for them but when I change to them the signal cannot be found. Oh well and thanks for all who see this. The Ranger

Are you running all four lines from the phase III and one line from the 72.5 If you only see 101 it sounds like you don't have all four from the Phase III hooked up.

I have two dual LNB dishes one in back of my house and one in front both are hooked up via both cables and terminate into a Zinwell 6X8. I had the triple dish from D but their claim about it bringing in locals was wrong since you need two dishes here. I just watched a recorded program from the main satellite and yet no locals. I used to be smart but man my IQ must have slid since then. Thanks The Ranger

Do you have HD?

If you have a Dish at 101 and a Dish at 72.5 you will need the 4x4 switch not the 6x8.

A phase III and a dish at 72.5 will work with the 6x8.

How do you have it hooked up now? What ports are the 101 sat going into and what ports are the 72.5 going into?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

2 out of 3 receivers not getting odd channels

need new lnb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)