Looks like It’s official Directv Buying Dish

‪‬If it was my guess, I would think Charlie would be the winner of the actual war while the battle for $1 may be lost now as whatever Charlie has left, he will basically let the blood draining be a casualty of the new owner of
DISH while he will try to get Boost growing and if successful, he would have created a company that makes money using newer technology while letting DISH be someone else's problem but not his. Then DISH might go downhill
and not worth anything when he can buy it back for pennies on the dollar at the end. Never assume just because a company gets bought out, they can't buy it back later. Take a look at Charles Schwab & Company, Inc. and I am
talking about the discount brokerage firm. First Charles Schwab was the largest Banc of America Corporation shareholder so what he does is have BAC buy Charles Schwab & Company, Inc. first in 1983. Then in 1987, Charles Schwab
Corporation buys Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. and then the company IPOs in September 1987. So Charlie may have lost a battle but he might win the war at the end.

I'll even drag Elon Musk into the picture as a example. Remember he said he was selling his shares at $1000, and when he sells, it goes down to $750 (forgot the exact number). If he buys it at $750, and it goes back to $1000, he makes 25% or he could make more if he uses the net proceeds from the $1000 as he would end up with a higher quantity of shares at $750 than he would have if he didn't sell at $1000 and when it goes up, he is even worth more than when he sold at $1000. Never take anything for their face value. I guess anything can change until Charlie officially kicked the bucket himself.

Last edited:
Their new logo maybe lower case but what's important is this which is from 3 days ago when they filed their FORM 8-K with the U.S. SEC as a publically traded company.... They are no longer American Telephone and Telegraph Company.

View attachment 174871

and from the horse's own mouth at Investor Profile , they are "AT&T" not at&t.

View attachment 174872
Wow ... wonder when That happened ?
I Know when they Re Formed as (the at&t that was done most recently, they were at&t ... they made it a big deal that they were now at&t, Not AT&T

This designated the difference between the old and the many years later New company.

I did also notice that the address is in Texas, which was where SBC was located ....

Things that make you go .... Hmmmmmmmmm

Reactions: charlesrshell
Wow ... wonder when That happened ?
I Know when they Re Formed as (the at&t that was done most recently, they were at&t ... they made it a big deal that they were now at&t, Not AT&T

This designated the difference between the old and the many years later New company.

I did also notice that the address is in Texas, which was where SBC was located ....

Things that make you go .... Hmmmmmmmmm
It could be two different things. The corporate is AT&T Corporation but the service people get things from is AT&T Intellectural Properties. It's similar with people who had AT&T for Internet, they are dealing with 3 companies. AT&T the local phone company, AT&T ASI (Advanced Solutions Inc) which is Competitive Local Exchange Carrier for data that carried the data from the Remote Terminal/Central Office to the ISP and then there is AT&T WorldNet which is the ISP. You can use a different ISP but it still requires the first two unless one was using U-Verse which basically was all three. AT&T ASI basically handled anything when data transport is involved.

The original AT&T Corp is now known as AT&T Enterprises LLC as seen here:

Looks like what you mentioned was only used from 2005-2015:

Last edited:
As for TPG, for those who lives in the Houston area, you may be familiar with a Internet Service Provider that provides 1GBps Fiber called Entouch which was also bought by TPG which is why the name sounded so familar. Seems like TPG wants to build a transport portfolio when they bought out DISH. Venture Capital firms are not stupid so they obviously see this is a good deal.

BIG SATELLITEGUYS UPDATE. :)

It is my understanding that DISH had a conference call with many of their major dealers around the country yesterday. I understand there were about 100 dealers on that call.

I was offered an opportunity to listen in on the call but unfortunately was unable to as I had another meeting at my real job that I was in.

After the call was done a number of dealers who were on the call called me and gave me some of the details. What I am reporting here now is second hand, and like anytime someone tells you something the truth may be stretched. But since I heard many of the same things for more then one retailer, I think it is probably what was said.

They first announced that due to SEC and other laws there is a lot they CAN'T talk about, but would talk about what they could.

They then announced that for DISH it will be business as usual, and that no one should expect any changes for 2 to 3 years.

It was said that bankruptcy was never considered to be an option.

They said no matter if the merger is approved or not they got their money from the deal and will continue to push forward.

They said that DISH is in a better place then DIRECTV, their technology is better and unlike DIRECTV who's satellites are coming up on their last legs DISH has a healthy satellite fleet and TWO new satellites on order. (Note... Unless I missed something I only know of one satellite on order. But was told this TWO number for multiple retailers.) DISH could be around long after DIRECTV is gone.

Everyone said it was an upbeat call. Everyone on the call acted if the future is bright for DISH.

And it may just be.

I did ask one of the retailers if Charlie was on the call and I was told he was not.

Now knowing the past with Charlie (and now I am speaking ONLY on my behalf) and his past in possible mergers and buyouts, It would not surprise me in the least if this merger is not approved and then Charlie ultimately comes out of this owning both companies himself in the future.

He's a poker player, a very good poker player. Never count Charlie out.

I do believe with the cash influx that indeed DISH is in a good place.

Now lets hope they really start to work on Boost and make it a service that people WANT to switch to. T Mobile was the little guy then did some crazy things and are now one o the top growing cell providers. I think its time for DISH and Boost to get crazy. If this new 5G only network is as good as they said it is, then its time to prove it.

while trash mobile has improved there network it still needs some work to make it as reliable as verizons or at&t's networks!!!
Hmm... I have had no issues with T Mobile and have been with them for 4 years now.

I seem to recall that both AT&T and Verizon has major outages this year, with Verizon having a big one just two days ago.

Hmm... I have had no issues with T Mobile and have been with them for 4 years now.

I seem to recall that both AT&T and Verizon has major outages this year, with Verizon having a big one just two days ago.
we have a friend in ok and depending on where she's driving around at the phone just goes blank. our AT&T service in so cal has been flawless with no issues here wich is more i can say for verizions. since verizon started there 5G rollout there network has been the pitts

Yeah I have a 10 day test drive with Verizon that I am in now. And what use to be the Gold Standard of cell service is now horrible.

In my house T Mobile blows them away with signal and speed.

Before I had T Mobile I had AT&T and the issue was I could barely get a cell signal in my house with them.

I wish they (AT&T) offered a test drive too as I would love to see how they changed over the past 4 years. I want to upgrade all 4 of the phones on my line and of course the cheapest way to do this is switch carriers. If I could find one giving a deal on the phones with service that is at least as good as what I have now, I would probably go for it.

And I hear you on the T Mobile Coverage, but we are good where I use it. If it wasn't I wouldn't have it. When I first got it I had a friend who worked at the local T Mobile Store, and I make him come to my house with his phone so I could test thing. And it was much better then AT&T at the time, so I gave him the sale and switched. :D

Yeah I have a 10 day test drive with Verizon that I am in now. And what use to be the Gold Standard of cell service is now horrible.

Before I had T Mobile I had AT&T and the issue was I could barely get a cell signal in my house with them.

I wish they (AT&T) offered a test drive too as I would love to see how they changed over the past 4 years. I want to upgrade all 4 of the phones on my line and of course the cheapest way to do this is switch carriers. If I could find one giving a deal on the phones with service that is at least as good as what I have now, I would probably go for it.

And I hear you on the T Mobile Coverage, but we are good where I use it. If it wasn't I wouldn't have it. When I first got it I had a friend who worked at the local T Mobile Store, and I make him come to my house with his phone so I could test thing. And it was much better then AT&T at the time, so I gave him the sale and switched. :D
when we had verizon it was only 1-2 bars at most in my area. data speeds are the pitts uless your standing under a lamp post for there 5G. apps kept crashing calls were static at times. tech support closed our acct without even trouble shooting our phones to see what was going on. they would not let us have discounts for an unlimited data plan at the time they cut that off!!! we had att before it went to cingular and it sucked then then we stayed and went with cingular. though we used to call em single bar could not get any reception in buildings then moved back to verizon wich was a huge mistake since there 5G build out!!! then we went back to att we have full bars better raw data speeds than verizion. our phones have never been down yet due to an outage just lucky i guess!!!

I think one way to get Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile is with USMobile as I believe you can switch 8 times a month in real-time for free to test them out and you get a month for free anyways.

-
BIG SATELLITEGUYS UPDATE. :)

It is my understanding that DISH had a conference call with many of their major dealers around the country yesterday. I understand there were about 100 dealers on that call.

I was offered an opportunity to listen in on the call but unfortunately was unable to as I had another meeting at my real job that I was in.

After the call was done a number of dealers who were on the call called me and gave me some of the details. What I am reporting here now is second hand, and like anytime someone tells you something the truth may be stretched. But since I heard many of the same things for more then one retailer, I think it is probably what was said.

They first announced that due to SEC and other laws there is a lot they CAN'T talk about, but would talk about what they could.

They then announced that for DISH it will be business as usual, and that no one should expect any changes for 2 to 3 years.

It was said that bankruptcy was never considered to be an option.

They said no matter if the merger is approved or not they got their money from the deal and will continue to push forward.

They said that DISH is in a better place then DIRECTV, their technology is better and unlike DIRECTV who's satellites are coming up on their last legs DISH has a healthy satellite fleet and TWO new satellites on order. (Note... Unless I missed something I only know of one satellite on order. But was told this TWO number for multiple retailers.) DISH could be around long after DIRECTV is gone.

Everyone said it was an upbeat call. Everyone on the call acted if the future is bright for DISH.

And it may just be.

I did ask one of the retailers if Charlie was on the call and I was told he was not.

Now knowing the past with Charlie (and now I am speaking ONLY on my behalf) and his past in possible mergers and buyouts, It would not surprise me in the least if this merger is not approved and then Charlie ultimately comes out of this owning both companies himself in the future.

He's a poker player, a very good poker player. Never count Charlie out.

I do believe with the cash influx that indeed DISH is in a good place.

Now lets hope they really start to work on Boost and make it a service that people WANT to switch to. T Mobile was the little guy then did some crazy things and are now one o the top growing cell providers. I think its time for DISH and Boost to get crazy. If this new 5G only network is as good as they said it is, then its time to prove it.
So, would DTV get rebranded Dish Network?

DTV & DISHTV, Wife said she heard they are merging next week on CNBC today?

Dish /Direct Merger Hits A Roadblock