Looks like It’s official Directv Buying Dish

‪‬If it was my guess, I would think Charlie would be the winner of the actual war while the battle for $1 may be lost now as whatever Charlie has left, he will basically let the blood draining be a casualty of the new owner of
DISH while he will try to get Boost growing and if successful, he would have created a company that makes money using newer technology while letting DISH be someone else's problem but not his. Then DISH might go downhill
and not worth anything when he can buy it back for pennies on the dollar at the end. Never assume just because a company gets bought out, they can't buy it back later. Take a look at Charles Schwab & Company, Inc. and I am
talking about the discount brokerage firm. First Charles Schwab was the largest Banc of America Corporation shareholder so what he does is have BAC buy Charles Schwab & Company, Inc. first in 1983. Then in 1987, Charles Schwab
Corporation buys Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. and then the company IPOs in September 1987. So Charlie may have lost a battle but he might win the war at the end.

I'll even drag Elon Musk into the picture as a example. Remember he said he was selling his shares at $1000, and when he sells, it goes down to $750 (forgot the exact number). If he buys it at $750, and it goes back to $1000, he makes 25% or he could make more if he uses the net proceeds from the $1000 as he would end up with a higher quantity of shares at $750 than he would have if he didn't sell at $1000 and when it goes up, he is even worth more than when he sold at $1000. Never take anything for their face value. I guess anything can change until Charlie officially kicked the bucket himself.

Last edited:
Their new logo maybe lower case but what's important is this which is from 3 days ago when they filed their FORM 8-K with the U.S. SEC as a publically traded company.... They are no longer American Telephone and Telegraph Company.

View attachment 174871

and from the horse's own mouth at Investor Profile , they are "AT&T" not at&t.

View attachment 174872
Wow ... wonder when That happened ?
I Know when they Re Formed as (the at&t that was done most recently, they were at&t ... they made it a big deal that they were now at&t, Not AT&T

This designated the difference between the old and the many years later New company.

I did also notice that the address is in Texas, which was where SBC was located ....

Things that make you go .... Hmmmmmmmmm

Reactions: charlesrshell
Wow ... wonder when That happened ?
I Know when they Re Formed as (the at&t that was done most recently, they were at&t ... they made it a big deal that they were now at&t, Not AT&T

This designated the difference between the old and the many years later New company.

I did also notice that the address is in Texas, which was where SBC was located ....

Things that make you go .... Hmmmmmmmmm
It could be two different things. The corporate is AT&T Corporation but the service people get things from is AT&T Intellectural Properties. It's similar with people who had AT&T for Internet, they are dealing with 3 companies. AT&T the local phone company, AT&T ASI (Advanced Solutions Inc) which is Competitive Local Exchange Carrier for data that carried the data from the Remote Terminal/Central Office to the ISP and then there is AT&T WorldNet which is the ISP. You can use a different ISP but it still requires the first two unless one was using U-Verse which basically was all three. AT&T ASI basically handled anything when data transport is involved.

The original AT&T Corp is now known as AT&T Enterprises LLC as seen here:

Looks like what you mentioned was only used from 2005-2015:

Last edited:
As for TPG, for those who lives in the Houston area, you may be familiar with a Internet Service Provider that provides 1GBps Fiber called Entouch which was also bought by TPG which is why the name sounded so familar. Seems like TPG wants to build a transport portfolio when they bought out DISH. Venture Capital firms are not stupid so they obviously see this is a good deal.

Hopper 382

DTV & DISHTV, Wife said she heard they are merging next week on CNBC today?