Looks like It’s official Directv Buying Dish

I was reading this earlier, wonder how this gona really effect customer in the end. long as I continue to get my discounts i been getting to keep the bill low, it wont mater much but if pricing gets worse or can no longer get those discount among many other thing. it might be time to drop em
I think a lot of long time customers will drop them if there is to much change and the prices keep going up each year. This is why people are cutting the cord.

They can get a significant amount or all of their money back by taking the deal or let echostar crash and get pennies 5 or 10 years from now.

I'm betting they are trying to get a few more 10's of millions in the settlement and the deal will continue (with some "suits" getting paid big bucks to haggle over the details).

Not exactly something Echostar would be happy to go through either, lets not pretend they aren't motivated to get this done or work with with TPG to make this better for debt holders.

TPG walking away and Charlie's gambles all coming home to roost and taking Echostar with it shouldn't be something anyone who's a fan of the service should be rooting for I'd think.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have a Lincoln and a Ford but still get separate billing.
While I hate to continue the Sirius XM billing sub discussion, you should have no problem combining bills.

As soon as they started combining lineups and later on billing, I was able to combine my accounts with ease. I had two subscriptions of each since very early on in each companies respective existence. Sirius at both home and in the car and XM at both home and in the car with plug and play units. And then I went down to one subscription of each on a combined bill. XM at home since it was built into my (new at the time) Sony A/V Receiver and Sirius in my car on my Navigator. Then later I had an Expedition on there.

So it was the following on one bill at one point:

2013 Navigator – Sirius
2014 Expedition – Sirius
Sony AVR – XM

The 2014 Expedition was traded for a 2019 and never activated. My Navigator was traded for my 2023 Bronco 4 door which I had for a whole 5 months before I got rid of it and I upgraded the AVR and the new one doesn’t have built in SiriusXM. The Bronco with Sync 4 had all of the Extra channels, basically everything in the app was on the car radio, but it was using the built in cellular modem obviously, which was powered by AT&T, so if there was no or poor AT&T coverage you just had the normal satellite channels.

I replaced the Bronco with a 2021 Expedition Limited that was upgraded to where it is pretty much a Platinum minus the massaging seats, 22 speaker audio system and fancier front grille. But it has Sync 3, the 2022 mid-cycle refresh got the 15” touch screen and Sync 4 and the upgraded SXM experience. I can tune to up to channel 460 on the Expedition.

What was cool was I got the free three month for each the Bronco and 2021 Expedition and then 3 more months for a $1. So I got 1 year of service for $2 and I only had to by $120K worth of SUVs to get that deal :D

If you are having trouble combining accounts, I wonder if one car has a Sirius radio and one is SiriusXM and they are having problems combining them because of that. I'm not 100% sure and I could be wrong, but I thought it loosely corelated to the infotainment system. Sync 1 and Sync 2 were Sirius only and Sync 3 and 4 are SiriusXM. If both of your cars are on the same version of Ford Sync that is really baffling why they can't combine them.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Bloomberg

-----

Bondholders are demanding new covenants that would protect them if the deal is rejected by regulators. If it goes ahead, they’re seeking safeguards against downside earnings, operational risks and aggressive debt maneuvers, said the people.

Those who support the restructuring point out that Dish is providing a coupon bump to consenting lenders and a premium to market trading levels before the deal was announced. The combined entity will also carry less debt, have higher ratings and generate more cash, according to these people who also declined to be identified because the discussions are private.
--------

DTV & DISHTV, Wife said she heard they are merging next week on CNBC today?