Satellite Signal was split and now tv2 there is no picture!!!

kelmo

Original poster
Oct 28, 2010
Texas
I have a vip722 receiver and tv2 there is no picture. The satellite cable that runs from the lnb to the receiver was split and a splitter was connected only tv1 has picture but there is nothing on tv2. I tried the modulator to switch from air to cable but still no good. Any ideas?

You say the line from the LNB to the receiver was split... where does the other end of the split go? Unless when you say "split", you mean "cut".

Your signal path should be... LNB --> Coax --> Receiver
From the Receiver:
Receiver --> Coax, RCA, HDMI --> TV1
Receiver --> Coax --> TV 2.

I have a vip722 receiver and tv2 there is no picture. The satellite cable that runs from the lnb to the receiver was split and a splitter was connected only tv1 has picture but there is nothing on tv2. I tried the modulator to switch from air to cable but still no good. Any ideas?

you can't do this. the cable from the dish has to go to the receiver. you can split the output from the receiver if you need to. Now IF you have a diplexer that combines a OTA antenna with the LNB signal then you could use a diplexer to un-combine them, but that is a little different.

Did you insert a spitterbehind the recevier to install another receiver, or are you using a "seperator" NOT a splitter, behind the receiver.

If it is a seperator, the TV2 side may have died.

If it is a splitter - it will never work.

A seperator going out would not cause loss of picture. First you need to determine something specific. On the back of the receiver is a yellow coax port that says Home Distribution. Does that coax line go directly to TV2 or does it go into a "splitter".

If it is run direct to TV2 and modulating to other channels doesn't work:
1. Your TV is dead
Or
2.The coax output on the receiver is dead

If it goes into a "splitter", that is actually a diplexer. On the side with two ports one should say Sat and the other UHF/VHF. This should be exactly the same as the one outside. If not, there is your problem.

If the diplexers are the same, unsrew the cables on the one outside and check for rust or corrosion. Or it could have just died.

Post whatever you find out

fox sports question

NBA Local Market for Springfield, MO