Real vMVPD US subscribers totals

Bruce

Bender and Chloe, the real Members of the Year
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
Finally, some correct numbers, the biggest surprise was DirecTV Stream with only 600,000.

This is a service that started a year before YTTV, as DirecTV Now, but yet, YTTV has 8.5 Million.

Other points-

Based on the 500,000 gain YTTV had in the 1st quarter, if that is the average gain for the rest of the following quarters, along with the average loss of 500,000 per quarter for DirecTV ( currently at 10.5 Million total for the entire company), that means YTTV will become the #3 Provider by the end of 2024.

This should also should help put to bed the myth that people really care about their RSNs, if so, they would of switched to DirecTV Stream, which carries them without a RSN fee, but it seems the majority do not care.

vMVPD services with the RSNs-2.1 Million

vMVPD services without the RSN-15.8 Million

YTTV has won, it is the future of Paid Live TV, it is Larger Than Hulu + Live TV, DIRECTV STREAM, & Fubo Combined

Already has more subscribers then Dish+Sling, in just 7 years, surpassed a company that has been providing service for 28 years, by the end of the year, should surpass DirecTV , a company providing service for 30 years.

IMG_1319.png

• Sad
Reactions: Jimbo and MikeD-C05
Finally, some correct numbers, the biggest surprise was DirecTV Stream with only 600,000.

This is a service that started a year before YTTV, as DirecTV Now, but yet, YTTV has 8.5 Million.

Other points-

Based on the 500,000 gain YTTV had in the 1st quarter, if that is the average gain for the rest of the following quarters, along with the average loss of 500,000 per quarter for DirecTV ( currently at 10.5 Million total for the entire company), that means YTTV will become the #3 Provider by the end of 2024.

This should also should help put to bed the myth that people really care about their RSNs, if so, they would of switched to DirecTV Stream, which carries them without a RSN fee, but it seems the majority do not care.

YTTV has won, it is the future of Paid Live TV, it is Larger Than Hulu + Live TV, DIRECTV STREAM, & Fubo Combined

Already has more subscribers then Dish+Sling, in just 7 years, surpassed a company that has been providing service for 28 years, by the end of the year, should surpass DirecTV , a company providing service for 30 years.

View attachment 171910

Do you have stock in youtube tv or something?

Reactions: Mr Tony
Do you have stock in youtube tv or something?
I do in Alphabet, but why does that matter?

I do not subscribe to the service, I did, but paid Live TV is only worth it to me in September til January for ESPN ( College Football Playoffs) and for Fox Sports/Big Ten (when Michigan Football is on).

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Why do facts that show a given service leading the pack mean that the poster must have stock in that service just because he mentions it a lot. Facts are facts, and this is something he does for a living, publish them.
It was basically another version of a personal attack, which is happening more often again.

Another person here did the same when I post positive news about Netflix.

By the way, I have owned Alphabet/Google stock since before YTTV was a thing, have not bought any new shares for years.

Reactions: MikeD-C05 and Bobby
I do in Alphabet, but why does that matter?

I do not subscribe to the service, I did, but paid Live TV is only worth it to me in September til January for ESPN ( College Football Playoffs) and for Fox Sports/Big Ten (when Michigan Football is on).
Just curious: you planning to subscribe to Venu Sports this fall since it will carry all the ESPN and Fox Sports channels? Should be at least $20/mo less than YTTV.

Yes, although keep in mind that they have done little or no marketing for DirecTV Stream for over a year now. They currently only push the main DirecTV brand, which requires a contract and can be accessed either via satellite or via internet. No idea how many customers exist under that brand who get it via internet, but I assume that they are not counted among the 600k on "DirecTV Stream".

That said, I think it's safe to say that internet delivery is not going to save DTV, it's just prolonging its inevitable eventual death.

Other points-

View attachment 171910

Your OBSESSION is beyond comprehension ....

YTTV hasn't WON anything ...
Does YTTV do RSN's ?

You say that RSN's are dying and they are, but people are still watching thier ball games ... via that RSN feed, or another feed that is doing the same thing.

Every time I do happen to read one of these posts, I feel like i"m getting beat up and abused. :deadhorse3

Does YTTV do RSN's ?

You say that RSN's are dying and they are, but people are still watching thier ball games ... via that RSN feed, or another feed that is doing the same thing.

Every time I do happen to read one of these posts, I feel like i"m getting beat up and abused. :deadhorse3
LOL. Probably best to just avoid all of his threads then, no?

Does YTTV do RSN's ?
Dude, the RSNs get very low ratings, 1-3 percent of the total audience.

Unless it is Football, not enough is watching, last year’s World Series only had a average of 4 Million Households watching, out of 131 Million.

As far as YTTV goes, just reported another 500,000 new subscribers in the 1st quarter, it does not carry the RSN, the 3 services that do carry them, lost 1.5 Million in the first quarter.
Again, look at the ratings.

Only about 40 Million households still have a service that carries the RSNs, that means about 90 Million households do not get them.

In 2017, about 100 Million households had the RSNs.

Yeah, beating the dead horse really disputes the numbers.

You like sports, we get it, but the vast majority of the population does not care, if they did, DirecTV, who has all the sports, would not of lost about 14 Million subscribers and now is in the 10 million range, which YTTV is about to overtake them in subscriber’s numbers by the end of the year.

Reactions: osu1991
Dude, the RSNs get very low ratings, 1-3 percent of the total audience.

Unless it is Football, not enough is watching, last year’s World Series only had a average of 4 Million Households watching, out of 131 Million.

As far as YTTV goes, just reported another 500,000 new subscribers in the 1st quarter, it does not carry the RSN, the 3 services that do carry them, lost 1.5 Million in the first quarter.

Again, look at the ratings.

Only about 40 Million households still have a service that carries the RSNs, that means about 90 Million households do not get them.

In 2017, about 100 Million households had the RSNs.

Yeah, beating the dead horse really disputes the numbers.

You like sports, we get it, but the vast majority of the population does not care, if they did, DirecTV, who has all the sports, would not of lost about 14 Million subscribers and now is in the 10 million range, which YTTV is about to overtake them in subscriber’s numbers by the end of the year.
Really don't care about THE numbers ...
People just want to watch TV, be it sitcoms, which you despise, or reruns or new stuff ...

Btw, there is NEW stuff on Network TV as well, you just don't care ...
New stuff on Network has come out in the Fall EVERY YEAR for the last 1000 years.

Streaming is NOT the ONLY way to watch TV.

As for the RSN's, I could care less about them except for watching My game.

All the MLB games are from the RSN feed (which has been taken over by MLB in some cases)
Call it whatever you want ....
As long as I can get what I want to watch, thats all that matters ... that goes the same with EVERYBODY else too.

If I have to go to Streaming to get my games and or shows, vs just flipping the channel, I guess I'll be forced to do that.

Why is it any time some one posts anything about most anything, you have to FLASH Streaming Numbers in thier Face ?????????

We get it ...

Really don't care about THE numbers ...
Then why even read this thread much less respond to it? All the OP did was post the latest numbers. He didn't create them. They are not of his making and yet people want to take him to task for the trend they emphasize as if it's his fault. The numbers are the numbers, you may not like what they represent but they are what they are, an indicator that regional sports programming is not a big attraction to the average subscriber, it is a niche service and will continue to be and continued pontificating as to how big a fan some people are is not going to change the trend, RSN's are not a deciding factor for the vast majority of subs.

Then why even read this thread much less respond to it? All the OP did was post the latest numbers. He didn't create them. They are not of his making and yet people want to take him to task for the trend they emphasize as if it's his fault. The numbers are the numbers, you may not like what they represent but they are what they are, an indicator that regional sports programming is not a big attraction to the average subscriber, it is a niche service and will continue to be and continued pontificating as to how big a fan some people are is not going to change the trend, RSN's are not a deciding factor for the vast majority of subs.
EXACTLY ....
Yet every post stats how this is dying and that is dying and that so and so is not in whatever place ....
Who cares if D* is 1 or 4 or 3 or if YTTV is 1 or passed number 2 or whatever ...

It just doesn't matter to the typical sub, they are going to watch what they want to watch.

Just don't like it slammed in your face every other post, and thread.

EXACTLY ....
Yet every post stats how this is dying and that is dying and that so and so is not in whatever place ....
Who cares if D* is 1 or 4 or 3 or if YTTV is 1 or passed number 2 or whatever ...

It just doesn't matter to the typical sub, they are going to watch what they want to watch.

Just don't like it slammed in your face every other post, and thread.
Well Jimbo, respectfully, if you have that much issue with a poster who posts data that he gleans as part of his livelihood I think your best bet is to put that poster on ignore. It would help to save your sanity.

Why is it any time some one posts anything about most anything, you have to FLASH Streaming Numbers in thier Face ?????????
My guy - you're in the IPTV forum. If you want to pontificate about how legacy transmission is amazing, there's other forums for that. Bruce does not drop by the DTV forum to point fingers and laugh at us.

If RSNs were so great, AT&T wouldn't have run away as fast as they could and Diamond would be raking in profits, not fighting to stay alive.

Legacy transmission is dying. I say that as someone that loves DTV. One can like a thing, but also admit that thing is not the future. That's just reality and facts are facts.

Well Jimbo, respectfully, if you have that much issue with a poster who posts data that he gleans as part of his livelihood I think your best bet is to put that poster on ignore. It would help to save your sanity.
That would be great, except you still see the ignored post when its quoted.

• Haha
Reactions: meStevo
My guy - you're in the IPTV forum. If you want to pontificate about how legacy transmission is amazing, there's other forums for that. Bruce does not drop by the DTV forum to point fingers and laugh at us.

If RSNs were so great, AT&T wouldn't have run away as fast as they could and Diamond would be raking in profits, not fighting to stay alive.

Legacy transmission is dying. I say that as someone that loves DTV. One can like a thing, but also admit that thing is not the future. That's just reality and facts are facts.
I do plenty of Streaming ... I just find it incredibly stupid that you have to have 7 different Streaming Services to watch what you want, when it was all in one place.

I never said RSNs were Great ... just that, That IS where the games Are coming from ... like I said before, I don't care if its an RSN or what, as long as you can get them ... MLB for example, once the RSNs are done, Someone will still have those games.

Reactions: ZetaMale
And my other antagonist has stepped in ....
The one who Laughs at EVERY one of my posts, for no apparent reason .

Sometimes all that is left is to laugh.

Or do you really want another person replying to each post to rebut it and point out how it doesn't make any sense? That's kind of what the reactions are for... or you want every other post in a thread to be 'me too' and 'I agree' or 'LOL' ... ?

You don't care about the numbers but you seem to impulsively jump into these threads to self-immolate yourself in the replies for some reason.

Really don't care about THE numbers
Just don't like it slammed in your face
THE NAME OF THE THREAD

Real vMVPD US subscribers totals​

I just... what are you looking to accomplish here? :oldlaugh

You keep walking this same path and then get upset every time where it leads.

Apple TV+ Is the New HBO

Comcast fees for Frisco area