Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Guess I need to start testing 2.3 and see what it breaks.

It was just officially released a few minutes ago.

Perhaps I will start testing it this weekend before I update the main site.

I will let you know when I do as I am sure I will need help kicking the tires.

73d4374d6057c5570925d1f9278846aa.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: charlesrshell
Scott- It seems like there are far more frequent problems this year than in the past. I wonder if it is being caused by incompetent code writers who are just trying to fix stuff that isn't broken to justify their job. I know with lots of updates I get here can create failures of stuff that was working fine before the update.

Scott- It seems like there are far more frequent problems this year than in the past. I wonder if it is being caused by incompetent code writers who are just trying to fix stuff that isn't broken to justify their job. I know with lots of updates I get here can create failures of stuff that was working fine before the update.

Our HR/Payroll software I use at work (one of two approved by our state for school districts to use) is that exactly. They constantly release updates that don't fix previous flaws, but change or "break" other things in the process. It seems like no one adequately tests anything anymore before throwing out code to the masses. Then it falls on the end users to figure out their bugs/mistakes.

The only reason I want to update is to keep the security properly patched.

I am building a server at home and will download the site and test the update here instead of doing it on the same server we are on.

They announced XenForo 3.0 yesterday but it’s not a software rewrite, but instead an entire new look.

When we went from 1 to 2 it was an entire rewrite with all new code.

2.3 besides security fixes removes a lot of the bloated code and replaces that code with modern code so a lot of external Java and other things is not needed anymore which should make the site faster.

I am not looking to move to 2.3 quickly but need to play with it and see what works and what does not work. A lot of our add ins were custom written for us years ago. And those folks who wrote them for us are no longer around. I don’t want to lose features such as ignore forums. But with that said a lot of add ons we have are now built in. So I would need to eliminate the ones we have that are built in as it can cause issues.

Oh what fun. It keeps me busy I guess :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Houston We Have a Problem

CBand 10ft Dish setup question