NFL Sunday Ticket 2007 pricing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
How much money would you spend each Sunday on drinks and food ?
A few of the others have done a few threads about this.

At $ 225. ST+ 100 for SF = 325 * 17 weeks comes to a little over $ 19. a week.
I know it doesn't take much to eat and have a beer or two and spend more than $20, and I'm not a big drinker.

So I would say it is much cheaper for me to buy the ST and have my beer handy in the fridge.

Jimbo

I totally agree here. Just getting regular "bar food" plus 2 beers and tip and you're over $20. It's much cheaper for me to pay for ST and sit in my own easy chair with the beer fridge right next to me. :D

Yep, as we hash this out every season they have to be reminded about reality:

For a season: $736 (absolutely cheapest possible, and no way you stick to that)
Cheapest season tix for a family of 4: $480 (upper tier end zone, your team may be higher)
Cheapest food for 4 @ game: $256 (one dog & 1 soda)
Number of games you can watch: 8 (1 per week @ home)
Fuel & other misc expenditures: we will say free for this case example.

What you are paying for (even if it hits $400) via the NFL ST & SF is a GREAT bargain, convenience, way to see all possible additional games that you choose, with as many people as you care to have over, with your own food and comfort.. If you don't want to pay it, just don't pay it, but why rehash it every 6 mos? I am NOT dismissing the feel and excitement of a real stadium event, BUT, this argument that the price is out of control is just WAY OFF.

Yeah yeah, like I said we have a name for those folks here and it ain't NFL ST sub, it is TRAITOR. :rolleyes:
You want a pair of tweezers to pull the splinters out of your feet?...Surely one who is standing on the sopabox as much as you could be in need of foot care.

I have no problem paying $229, or whatever .... but it IS a rip-off, for one reason (IMHO). The overly compressed, bit-rate starved standard definition is a pitiful display. Now, if DirecTV came out and said that their standard def package isn't very good, that would be one thing. But they tout their SD as being of "DVD quality", which is beyond laughable.

I do buy Sunday Ticket because I love football, but always prefer to watch games on my regular Adelphia/Comcast cable, which is always a better picture. CBS/AFC games, FOX/NFC games, NBC Sunday nights and ESPN Monday nights all delivery a clearer picture than my crappy Sunday Ticket package.

Again, DirecTV can price it as high as they like, but if they are going to advertise "DVD quality picture", they really should deliver it. Otherwise, "rip off" is certainly an appropriate description. With luck, the new 2007 satellites will free up some bandwidth to improve picture quality.

Jeff
You say you are willing and able to pay for the ST yet you compalin itis a rip off..
Do you not see irony in that?...

See... I have a similary problem with going to the bar, my Girlfriend and I go to the bar to see that games that aren't on in our area... she also likes to be able to watch 2+ games at time.

But it costs me around $20 a weekend during football season. (thankfully shes doesn't watch baseball)

So it would be about the same, but then she wouldn't be able to watch mutliple games at once (without expense of new tvs etc) and she doesn't get the excitement of watching the games with a bunch of people.

pluss I would have to swith to D* from E*....
which I am not convince to do yet

wrong. As noted a few times, they are fibred from the stadiums and encrypted. So they are not free to air. :)
Good of you to note it again then, I am sure the database could use some wasted records, now it gets two!

That does not include superfan either, there is the real rip!

How do you know that ?
SF may be included next year, no one knows for sure, but they've been giving it away pretty cheap the last year or so.

Originally, D* found that with the SF that was the only way they could make money with the football package.

Jimbo

How do you know that ?
SF may be included next year, no one knows for sure, but they've been giving it away pretty cheap the last year or so.

Originally, D* found that with the SF that was the only way they could make money with the football package.

Jimbo
I do not find $49.00 'cheap' given that it was FREE for 4 years. IMHO if the NFL wants viewers to watch they should provide the best product possible. Like I said before I am happy to settle for the 6 HD games a week I'll get for FREE.

If D* had wanted to "make money" they should have realized that perhaps $2B was a lil stiff for exclusivity for 4 years.

You say you are willing and able to pay for the ST yet you compalin itis a rip off..
Do you not see irony in that?...

No. There isn't any irony there.

There would be irony if there were 3 or 4 different Sunday Ticket providers, and I willingly chose the compressed, bit-rate starved, turd-tv version, and then complained about it. THAT would be irony.

As it is .... there is only one Sunday Ticket provider. If you're a football fan, it's the only game in town (at least here in the states). Because of that, if I want to watch multiple games on Sundays, I have no choice but to buy it from them. All I'd like from them is a product that lives up to the billing. Because truly, every time I read their promotions, touting Directv's DVD quality picture, I just bust out laughing. DVD qualily! LOLOL.

Jeff

Yep, as we hash this out every season they have to be reminded about reality:

For a season: $736 (absolutely cheapest possible, and no way you stick to that)
Cheapest season tix for a family of 4: $480 (upper tier end zone, your team may be higher)
Cheapest food for 4 @ game: $256 (one dog & 1 soda)
Number of games you can watch: 8 (1 per week @ home)
Fuel & other misc expenditures: we will say free for this case example.

What you are paying for (even if it hits $400) via the NFL ST & SF is a GREAT bargain, convenience, way to see all possible additional games that you choose, with as many people as you care to have over, with your own food and comfort.. If you don't want to pay it, just don't pay it, but why rehash it every 6 mos? I am NOT dismissing the feel and excitement of a real stadium event, BUT, this argument that the price is out of control is just WAY OFF.

Charper,
Your post about this last year is what made me think about this :)

Jimbo

See... I have a similary problem with going to the bar, my Girlfriend and I go to the bar to see that games that aren't on in our area... she also likes to be able to watch 2+ games at time.

But it costs me around $20 a weekend during football season. (thankfully shes doesn't watch baseball)

So it would be about the same, but then she wouldn't be able to watch mutliple games at once (without expense of new tvs etc) and she doesn't get the excitement of watching the games with a bunch of people.

pluss I would have to swith to D* from E*....
which I am not convince to do yet

My TV has a split screem for those type of situations. I get two 30" screens if I keep them both the same size.

IF I could find a woman that liked football, and watching it, I would Never leave the house....:hatsoff: :luvlove: :yes
ST would be an EASY choice

Jimbo

Good of you to note it again then, I am sure the database could use some wasted records, now it gets two!

just wanted to make sure you understood that it was fibred. :)

and NFL ST isn't for traitors (like you say). There are people out there who have moved outside of their local area and would like to see what they consider "their" team.

Or they live in one of those hell-hole areas where the local stations decide what they want to watch. Lets say they are a Steelers fan and live in Ohio but their local station decided to carry the Browns every week even though they don't have to. Or a Packer fan that has Minneapolis locals (the western part of WI is in the Mpls DMA) so they're stuck with the Vikes

Or those people who have to live with ancient rules of "no game goes against the home team". I'll use the Packers/Vikings agian. Vikes are on CBS and Pack are on Fox at same time. But since the Vikes are at home, Fox can't carry the game.

Or they're someone who just loves football. :)

Or those people who have to live with ancient rules of "no game goes against the home team". I'll use the Packers/Vikings agian. Vikes are on CBS and Pack are on Fox at same time. But since the Vikes are at home, Fox can't carry the game.

That is just the NFL controling what everyone sees and should not be allowed. Every zip code should have a Double Doubleheader every weekend. The blackout rule should be lifted as well. The NFL shouldn't penalize the viewer because some owners can't field a professional caliber team worthy of their ticket sale money every week.

The point of the thread was not to debate whether the NFL ST was a rip or not. It was the fact that we can now pay over an 11 month period which I for one am happy about. For all those complaining about the price, ummm, don't get it. Where is the issue? There is a product, you can only get it at one place, so decide, do I get it or not? I do!

just wanted to make sure you understood that it was fibred. :)

and NFL ST isn't for traitors (like you say). There are people out there who have moved outside of their local area and would like to see what they consider "their" team.

Or they live in one of those hell-hole areas where the local stations decide what they want to watch. Lets say they are a Steelers fan and live in Ohio but their local station decided to carry the Browns every week even though they don't have to. Or a Packer fan that has Minneapolis locals (the western part of WI is in the Mpls DMA) so they're stuck with the Vikes

Or they're someone who just loves football. :)
Well now I do know (I didn't before) so thanks Iceberg. This will save me money on an FTA system. :) I am surprised that nobody picked up that I was a sub to NFLST, we love football too and play fantasy football.

DirecTV just keeps overstepping what is fair. I have had the ticket for like 8 years, the first 4 I think it went up $20 total at the rate of like $5 a season. Once it crossed the $200 mark, I began to question the value.

For those traitors .. uh um .. fans ;) I can see how it would be priceless (unless your a Texans fan).

All statements above are the opinion of powermax and do not reflect those of satelliteguys.us

No. There isn't any irony there.

There would be irony if there were 3 or 4 different Sunday Ticket providers, and I willingly chose the compressed, bit-rate starved, turd-tv version, and then complained about it. THAT would be irony.

As it is .... there is only one Sunday Ticket provider. If you're a football fan, it's the only game in town (at least here in the states). Because of that, if I want to watch multiple games on Sundays, I have no choice but to buy it from them. All I'd like from them is a product that lives up to the billing. Because truly, every time I read their promotions, touting Directv's DVD quality picture, I just bust out laughing. DVD qualily! LOLOL.

Jeff
"There would be irony if there were 3 or 4 different Sunday Ticket providers, and I willingly chose the compressed, bit-rate starved, turd-tv version, and then complained about it. THAT would be irony".
Yet you still bought the package anyway...One as knowledgeable as you on bit rates and compression should have known the picture would not meet your exacting standards..That is ironic..
It wouldn't mater if ST was available from every provider the price would be what the NFL decides it to be. Remember, the NFL has a absolute control of their programming....
Quite frankly this is much ado about nothing..You as a consumer have choices. Live with the choices you make and do not whine about the decision you made..It's that simple..

That is just the NFL controling what everyone sees and should not be allowed. Every zip code should have a Double Doubleheader every weekend. The blackout rule should be lifted as well. The NFL shouldn't penalize the viewer because some owners can't field a professional caliber team worthy of their ticket sale money every week.

Unbelieveable..
Do you have a clue as to why the NFL has the success that it does?....
I will tell you..It is because the league maintains absolute control over the product.
"Should not be allowed"..That's amusing...
So let's have it your way...the NFL by your decree now must provide all games to all markets. You want that free of charge as well? How bout they water the product down further..How about NFL in demand?....No commercials?...
The NFL penalizes the local fans with blackouts because THEY DON"T BUY TIX ..The blackout rule protects the ticket buyers. I agree with it.
One other thing.....You as a consumer have the option to purchase a satellite syetem that offers a package to see up to14 games per week for the low price of 21 dollars per month over 11 payments......quite a deal..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cstv 610

Frequent reboot of R10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)