NFL Sunday Ticket 2007 pricing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks, satjay.

But I'm confused, how would that work? Does that mean that there would be no more superstations like WTBS carrying the Braves? Or no more RSN baseball?

I am thinkin you would still get baseball with you superstations/FSN's I belive this is a move to one up cable and dish network. For example, one large reason I dont have cable is sunday ticket. I am guessing DTV is using this for the hardcore baseball fans who must have their extrainngs package to leave cable or dishnetwork.

Evidently, baseball is willing to risk its antitrust protection by allowing EI to be taken off cable/E*/FIOS for an exclusive deal with D*

Since there are already pending legal challenges to the NFL deal's legality, baseball would be basically kissing its antitrust exemption good bye, because Congress won't like this move and will grandstand something through with enough numbers to overcome a Bush veto.

I'm missing something then....what's the difference from the way it is now?

Right now other providers can show MLB Extra innings, from the article it looks like they want it exclusive to them only and shut out other providers

now that we have that cleared up..back to our regular scheduled post. Sunday ticket, whats a completed regular off season without us talking about the price and such. Its a yearly tradition!

LOL!!!! What would this forum be with whining about pricing? Though I'm leaning toward the more providers the better.

I would agree, that with it being exclusive to DTV, were at their will with price but I love football and when my lions (gulp) are not involed in a big matchup, I enjoy seeing the big games of the week. I do wonder what the future of sunday ticket will hold though, with more games on diferent channels/days/times, I belive that I have read that the NFL would like to include cable in on packages as well..I guess we shall see

Last edited:
LOL!!!! What would this forum be with whining about pricing? Though I'm leaning toward the more providers the better.

I think that there is a good reason for complaining about the cost of ST. It is very hard to understand the huge increases from year to year for the ST package. It is upsetting to those of us that had it when the only way to get it was via C-Band, for around $100. Today the entire package has increased around $328.00. A big increase for around a 10 year period. I wish my wages would have increased that much over that time period. Maybe if they had, there wouldn't be so many people complaining about the cost. That was my reason for dropping the package after all these years of having it.

Last edited:
I totally agree. I had it the first couple of years and dropped it when the price started to escalate. I think it's nothing but greed. I understand economics and capitalism, so I can't complain from that point of view, but I sure don't see any real reason for it.

This is for SD only, at least this year.

Jimbo
--------------- Yes, I noticed that as well...makes you wonder what 2007 will bring
as far as "carry" rules go for Superfan vs Sunday ticket.
New Subj. to all....As the OP to this thread...please note it's title. I ask you NOT
to hi-jack the thread with talk about baseball...please start your own thread.
THANKS!!:)
This from The Morning BRIDGE:
The NFL released data that showed televised football games were the top-rated programs in local NFL markets a record 80 percent of the time this past season, breaking the previous mark of 73 percent set in 2003. The league also said that eight out of 10 times an NFL game drew higher local ratings than most popular TV shows ---

Last edited:
I do not think this is true, IF your game is sold out 72 hours before the game IT WILL be broadcast , NO BLACK OUT. I doubt that any of Denvers games were blacked out.
The Denver games are not available in the NFL ST range. They are on the local channels. There has been the occasion where HD was available from DirecTV and not available via local channels, this may have changed for MPEG4 viewers.

The Denver games are not available in the NFL ST range. They are on the local channels. There has been the occasion where HD was available from DirecTV and not available via local channels, this may have changed for MPEG4 viewers.
That is Bizzare, What did D* say when you asked themabout this ?

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cstv 610

Frequent reboot of R10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)