NFL Sunday Ticket 2007 pricing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Nothing other than getting all these games are free in HD from FOX and CBS. These are all "local" broadcasts and go up from local up-links and and shot down to both D* and E* unencrypted before being re-broadcast across the D* network.
huh? What does FTA have to do with NFL ST?

This is the one thing that stays on topic even when the NFL season is over....Sunday Ticket Talk...

Still the highest overpriced sports package on satellite.
If you do not by the Ticket how can it be overpriced?....You have made a choice as a consumer to not purchase a product you believe to be too expensive..Where's the problem?

Why is it a rip off?

The number of games given to subscribers seems to be declining due to more national games during the year. The picture quality is declining due to over compression. The rate of price inflation on ST seems to be higher than the other packages. Compare the number of games you get with ST to the likes of MLB, NHL, or NBA. Granted the NFL is the best sport out there (IMHO). The product you get I don't feel is worth the increasing cost of ST. It gets worse for those who want HD who have to pay an extra 100 bucks on top of that, and you don't even get all the games in HD with Superfan.

I think we may have a potential hack talker in Powermax...
I think not, that is why it is called FTA, it is FREE-To-Air. Example, it is perfectly LEGAL to pull the GB vs. CHI game from the local affiliates satellite feed as long as the transmissions are NOT encrypted.

I am just curious to know who needs this anymore. I mean we all NFL cities get 3 games a week to start, then NBC SNF, ESPN MNF and now NFL ThNFL. Pull a FREE game or two from FTA and you are set.

You only need NFLST if you can't get your teams game. If you live in Cleveland and are a Steelers Fan you don't deserve to watch football in the first place, you should move ... traitors. :hatsoff:

The number of games given to subscribers seems to be declining due to more national games during the year. The picture quality is declining due to over compression. The rate of price inflation on ST seems to be higher than the other packages. Compare the number of games you get with ST to the likes of MLB, NHL, or NBA. Granted the NFL is the best sport out there (IMHO). The product you get I don't feel is worth the increasing cost of ST. It gets worse for those who want HD who have to pay an extra 100 bucks on top of that, and you don't even get all the games in HD with Superfan.
You have inclinations but no hard data..Anyway, we as consumers have choices..If we think an item is priced beyond it's value then we have the option to not purchase...BTW m the games on NFL Network are not "extra" national games..If you remember the NFL has for years been scheduling Thursday night games and Saturday games after the NCAA regular season ends..This year those games were broadcast on the NFL Network where as in the past those games were on network OTA tv.....
Picture Quality?..A matter of opinion..I don't see any degredation....To compare the other leagues to the NFL is just plain dopey....
Not every NFL game is available in HD..I have seen weeks where two or 3 games are not shot with HD EQ...So what.....There is no guarantee that every game(this is the NFL's decision) wil be available in HD...
Again if it isn't worth the money ,don't buy it.....

I think not, that is why it is called FTA, it is FREE-To-Air. Example, it is perfectly LEGAL to pull the GB vs. CHI game from the local affiliates satellite feed as long as the transmissions are NOT encrypted.

I am just curious to know who needs this anymore. I mean we all NFL cities get 3 games a week to start, then NBC SNF, ESPN MNF and now NFL ThNFL. Pull a FREE game or two from FTA and you are set.

You only need NFLST if you can't get your teams game. If you live in Cleveland and are a Steelers Fan you don't deserve to watch football in the first place, you should move ... traitors. :hatsoff:
slide over to the FTA site on here and you'll see what I am refering to.....BTW Those out of market games are indeed encrypted..Meaning anyone who receives them via FTA is in violation of the law.....Good luck!

Number of games declining, has NOTHING to do with D*.
Picture quality bad from over compressing ?
DISH and Cable also compress thier signal.
Number of games ? Well seeing the other sports play at least 82 games, I don't know how to compare.
How many MLB games are in HD ? 15-20 %.
as for the SF, I don't agree with it, but they could add the cost to EVERY D* sub and that would lower the cost, and everyone would not like that seeing they are not using the HD portion.

Most of us, after paying for the SF the first year have been compensated, it was free this year for alot of us.

Jimbo

This is the EXACT REASON ST was started in the first place.

slide over to the FTA site on here and you'll see what I am refering to.....BTW Those out of market games are indeed encrypted..Meaning anyone who receives them via FTA is in violation of the law.....Good luck!

Many have went to being feed with fiber, no longer giving a back haul feed to pick up.

If it keeps getting more and more expensive, people will just not buy and go to a sports bar where the can eat can watch for free. For that kind of money I can go see my team play almost every Sunday that they aren't on a national or in my region game and eat as well. PLUS if it's a good sports bar I can watch about four other games at the same time, if not more.

Not that I'm advocating it by any stretch of the imagination, but if they keep raising the price it's going to promote people "sharing" subs and splitting the costs.

Alright well I guess I did not know that, it was my understanding that unencrypted and free were the same and I don't have a leg here. I know D* will have one less sub next year because I see no need for it. In fact I posted all my D* equipment on eBay just today. Like I said I get my team (The home team) and about 4 other games a week from Dish and OTA.

Yep..LOL. You stole my thunder.
I know all is right with the world when people have a such a firm grasp on the obvious.....refering to favre's post.

Yeah yeah, like I said we have a name for those folks here and it ain't NFL ST sub, it is TRAITOR. :rolleyes:

If it keeps getting more and more expensive, people will just not buy and go to a sports bar where the can eat can watch for free. For that kind of money I can go see my team play almost every Sunday that they aren't on a national or in my region game and eat as well. PLUS if it's a good sports bar I can watch about four other games at the same time, if not more.

Not that I'm advocating it by any stretch of the imagination, but if they keep raising the price it's going to promote people "sharing" subs and splitting the costs.

How much money would you spend each Sunday on drinks and food ?
A few of the others have done a few threads about this.

At $ 225. ST+ 100 for SF = 325 * 17 weeks comes to a little over $ 19. a week.
I know it doesn't take much to eat and have a beer or two and spend more than $20, and I'm not a big drinker.

So I would say it is much cheaper for me to buy the ST and have my beer handy in the fridge.

Jimbo

I have no problem paying $229, or whatever .... but it IS a rip-off, for one reason (IMHO). The overly compressed, bit-rate starved standard definition is a pitiful display. Now, if DirecTV came out and said that their standard def package isn't very good, that would be one thing. But they tout their SD as being of "DVD quality", which is beyond laughable.

I do buy Sunday Ticket because I love football, but always prefer to watch games on my regular Adelphia/Comcast cable, which is always a better picture. CBS/AFC games, FOX/NFC games, NBC Sunday nights and ESPN Monday nights all delivery a clearer picture than my crappy Sunday Ticket package.

Again, DirecTV can price it as high as they like, but if they are going to advertise "DVD quality picture", they really should deliver it. Otherwise, "rip off" is certainly an appropriate description. With luck, the new 2007 satellites will free up some bandwidth to improve picture quality.

Jeff

Nothing other than getting all these games are free in HD from FOX and CBS. These are all "local" broadcasts and go up from local up-links and and shot down to both D* and E* unencrypted before being re-broadcast across the D* network.

wrong. As noted a few times, they are fibred from the stadiums and encrypted. So they are not free to air. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cstv 610

Frequent reboot of R10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)