NCAA Football 2008-09 Season

Actually I have a question to pose. For the sake of discussion, I'd like to keep the trash talk out please :)

Question: With OSU's recent defeats in major games over the last two years, what victory would better suite the university to restoring their image.

A victory over a Texas team that feels they should be in the NC or a Alabama team that reps a conference that OSU struggles against?

Last edited:
Actually I have a question to pose. For the sake of discussion, I'd like to keep the trash talk out please :)

Question: With OSU's recent defeats in major games over the last two years, what victory would would better suite the univsersity to restoring their image.

A victory over a Texas team that feels they should be in the NC or a Alabama team that reps a conference that OSU struggles against?

I think EITHER would be a step in the right direction.
Texas is still ranked right up there at # 3 and Alabama at # 4, a win over either of them would be great and a positive step for the young freshmen playing for the Bucks this year.

Jimbo

I posed this question to some co-workers last week. it was pretty mixed.

I'd have to say texas this year, just because on how the season finished. If it was Florida instead of Alabama, I probably would have said the gators.

A win over a SEC team would be great :) Just think it would have carried more weight this season if it was FL (being established over the last few years and 06 title game rematch) than against Bama (GREAT team, but one that is still trying to get back from a more recent troubled past)

McCoy, where do you see your beloved Bayou Bengals bowling?

To the Chick-Fil-A, Peach, or whatever they call it now. Against the Rambling Wreck from Georgia Tech. Based on what they did to Georgia, I'm not looking forward to the possible outcome. Could be a 6th loss for my Tigers if they don't play perfect ball.

But hey, it's a better opponent than Utah! :)

To the Chick-Fil-A, Peach, or whatever they call it now. Against the Rambling Wreck from Georgia Tech. Based on what they did to Georgia, I'm not looking forward to the possible outcome. Could be a 6th loss for my Tigers if they don't play perfect ball.

But hey, it's a better opponent than Utah! :)

HAHAHAHAHA.....lol

Honestly, I would rather play GT. We arent the team to beat the crap out of someone like Utah. It wont make the argument against the BCS look better for anyone but the little guy. Even though I think we will win.

HAHAHAHAHA.....lol

Honestly, I would rather play GT. We arent the team to beat the crap out of someone like Utah. It wont make the argument against the BCS look better for anyone but the little guy. Even though I think we will win.

Hey, y'all made it to a BCS bowl, and the Sugar at that! Great accomplishment and a chance to finish in the top 3 at least. Thats a lot of national exposure to help Nicky with recruiting (as if the SOB needs it ;)).

All I can hope for is that LSU plays well enough to actually win, and give me a little hope for the QB position next season. :)

LSU has the talent, yall just need a solid QB. Who knows, he may come on in this game. I hope he does. I am an SEC fan from here on out:up

Somebody notify the conference commissioners. It's the Big Ten and Pac 10 commissioners that feel it is their RIGHT to play in the Rose Bowl. If they would get with the program we'd be closer to an actual playoff.

If you read between the lines, it is real easy to see that the 3 biggest obstacles to a playoff are the Pac 10, Big 11 and their precious :rolleyes: Rose Bowl.

Hey, y'all made it to a BCS bowl, and the Sugar at that! Great accomplishment and a chance to finish in the top 3 at least. Thats a lot of national exposure to help Nicky with recruiting (as if the SOB needs it ;)).

All I can hope for is that LSU plays well enough to actually win, and give me a little hope for the QB position next season. :)

Gee, we feel exactly the same with each of our teams :)

Jimbo

If you read between the lines, it is real easy to see that the 3 biggest obstacles to a playoff are the Pac 10, Big 11 and their precious :rolleyes: Rose Bowl.
REALLY ......
I believe I heard on ESPN tonight that the SEC PLAYERS (some , not all) prefer bowl games to a PLAYOFF system ...
You would think that the BIG TOUGH SEC guys would want to play against one another till only one stands ... NO that wasn't the Univ. Presidents, that was players.

Jimbo

REALLY ......
I believe I heard on ESPN tonight that the SEC PLAYERS (some , not all) prefer bowl games to a PLAYOFF system ...
You would think that the BIG TOUGH SEC guys would want to play against one another till only one stands ... NO that wasn't the Univ. Presidents, that was players.

Jimbo

Who? and where are their quotes?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=dw-rose010507&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=jo-delany010507&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601079&refer=home&sid=aqszRK5jhMEY

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/31/sports/ncaafootball/31colleges.html?ex=1325221200&en=e0797e3a741e5b18&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

University of Florida President Bernard Machen said:
“What you’ve got is a
system now that’s run by
people whose interest is
the protection of their
personal domain, that
being the six (major)
conferences, any solution
that they come up with is
going to be based on how
to protect themselves and
their conference members.
We need to have that go
away.”

:)

You quoted two articles from the same location from probably two buddies that decided to talk about it over lunch and both wrote about it in their perspective columns and the other two are 2 and 3 years old.

Non of this is relevent to anything I wrote.

You quoted two articles from the same location from probably two buddies that decided to talk about it over lunch and both wrote about it in their perspective columns and the other two are 2 and 3 years old.

Non of this is relevent to anything I wrote.

:rolleyes:
Yeah because Fo:mad:who currently has the BCS contract) and ESPN(who will get the BCS contract) would never make anything up.

Mc Nabb's Yard Vandalized

Alonzo Mourning retires

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)