Lots of Uplink Moves Expected This Week

Chicago locals being moved off of CONUS isn't a good sign for those hoping to get HD distants back on AAD.

I don't believe that it will make any difference. The Chicago locals that were on CONUS were never used by AAD. The distants that were used by AAD remain uplinked on 110 TP 17. Whether we will see nationwide HD distants offered on Dish is an open question, but I don't think that this move makes any difference either way.

Wow I have had Chicago locals since 2003....I might have some emotional issues when they go bye...bye...unless AllAmericanDirect offers SD Chicago??

Huge Satguys fan since 2005!

'97DISH*user said:
Wow I have had Chicago locals since 2003....I might have some emotional issues when they go bye...bye...unless AllAmericanDirect offers SD Chicago??

Huge Satguys fan since 2005!

Nope, they do not.

smitbret said:
This is exactly why I am leaving Dish for DirecTV. Two years ago, this probably wouldn't have happened. But now, since Dish has slid and DirecTV performs about the same in the customer service arena, I might as well just go with the lowest price.

Go with the lowest price and the same customer service? Is dish not telling the truth in their ads when it states Dish is #1 in customer service and has the lowest prices?

Last April/May I received two phone calls and a postcard stating that my hybrid setup in Florida needed to be changed. I was back in IL by that time and I was not about to spend time and money going back South to get the changes made. They said it would be noted on my account and when I went back South it would be done at that time. Move ahead to December/early January when I was making plans to come South. No changes needed says the E* CSRs. I just called again and it's the same story. No notes on my account apparently for last year's April/May call. Thus I will someday either lose a bunch of national HD or I won't, but E* customer service says I won't. I guess hybrid arc installs are perfectly acceptable again. Maybe Matt or one of the other E* Response Team can weigh in on this. If I'm about to lose some HD, it would be nice to get the antenna switched over now instead of later.

Can I Mesh Dish Dish?

Will Dish try to Charge me?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)