Local station broadcast issue Wed. 7/17 continuing?

NJeanA

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 19, 2023
florida
Checking to see if anyone else experiencing same issues with Dish on local channels broadcasting. Last Wed. 7/17 in the late afternoon the signal on all locals was freezing & pixelating so much it was not watchable. Checked the 3 - ABC, NBC and Fox all same. Our area is So.West Florida. I called Dish support and there was a recording saying something to effect of - if you are experiencing problems with your local channels, Dish is aware of the issue and working to resolve it.
At that point, I didn't wait to speak to anyone thinking it's just a waiting game and next morning (Thurs) turn on TV it is better on locals. Watched a few a.m. shows from 7am-9 am and good (just a few quick pixelations). Didn't watch tv until late afternoon -- from 5pm through prime time, on the locals again freezing & pixelations occurring every 6 or 8 mins. Shows were watchable but very annoying. I called Dish support - the rep said an ongoing problem they are working on. Nothing needs to be done, just be patient. Friday am same thing - shows are watchable, but pixelations intermittently. Late afternoon again same issue -- called Dish support. This time rep tells me no known issues and wants to go through all kinds of troubleshooting. I declined since it was late in the day, too tired to go through that. Now Saturday a.m, so far so good - but not sure what is going to happen as the day goes on.
If I didn't get the recording on support line Wednesday, I would have thought it was my equipment.
Anyone had this issue and any feedback - or should I just go ahead and have a tech come out?

Checking to see if anyone else experiencing same issues with Dish on local channels broadcasting. Last Wed. 7/17 in the late afternoon the signal on all locals was freezing & pixelating so much it was not watchable. Checked the 3 - ABC, NBC and Fox all same. Our area is So.West Florida. I called Dish support and there was a recording saying something to effect of - if you are experiencing problems with your local channels, Dish is aware of the issue and working to resolve it.
At that point, I didn't wait to speak to anyone thinking it's just a waiting game and next morning (Thurs) turn on TV it is better on locals. Watched a few a.m. shows from 7am-9 am and good (just a few quick pixelations). Didn't watch tv until late afternoon -- from 5pm through prime time, on the locals again freezing & pixelations occurring every 6 or 8 mins. Shows were watchable but very annoying. I called Dish support - the rep said an ongoing problem they are working on. Nothing needs to be done, just be patient. Friday am same thing - shows are watchable, but pixelations intermittently. Late afternoon again same issue -- called Dish support. This time rep tells me no known issues and wants to go through all kinds of troubleshooting. I declined since it was late in the day, too tired to go through that. Now Saturday a.m, so far so good - but not sure what is going to happen as the day goes on.
If I didn't get the recording on support line Wednesday, I would have thought it was my equipment.
Anyone had this issue and any feedback - or should I just go ahead and have a tech come out?
my locala stations FOX NBC ABC CW are messing up im in port st luice FL i looked at my signal on SAT 119 and 110 it ranges from between 62 to 66 so im guessing im effected too. ?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Thanks! Is it happening all day to you or only late day/evening? I have been. watching the golf Open on NBC several hours now and it’s fine. I will see what happens around 5pm or so. How do you find the SAT info you looked up? Have you contacted DISH support? Curious as to what they told you. I’m getting frustrated with their various explanations.

Reactions: charlesrshell

I hope H378 cures my audio dropouts.