Hopper Plus Re-booting Issue

It's been a couple of days since Dish technician replaced my Hopper Plus. So far so good. Haven't had any no notice self re-boots. Still have the black screen issue upon TV turn on and backing out of an app. Use the channel up or down button to come out of the black screen.

Reactions: tjboston5676
It's been a couple of days since Dish technician replaced my Hopper Plus. So far so good. Haven't had any no notice self re-boots. Still have the black screen issue upon TV turn on and backing out of an app. Use the channel up or down button to come out of the black screen.
WOW, spoke too soon. My Hopper Plus just just did a self reboot right in the middle of an app we are watching. HipKat & Almighty1, do y'all have a clue what might be causing this issue? The Hopper Plus was just changed out with a new one couple days ago. The re-boot is fast, only about five minutes. The Hopper 3 is not re-booting from what I can tell. Could my Duo Hub or DPH42 switch might be going bad or maybe the H3 is causing the issue? Wife has sent me to the doghouse!

Hopper plus does not see the switches, only the signal that comes from the Hopper. So I would think nothing wrong with them.

If you were in an app and it rebooted, chances are that app used too much memory and caused it to reboot. Unfortunately with Android apps, it happens.

I was watching the Beach Boys special on Disney + last week on my Sony X90J on the Disney+ app on the TV (Not the Hopper Plus) as I get Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision from the TV App but don't through the Dish Hopper PLus... Anyways about 10 minutes left to the special and it caused my TV to reboot.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Hopper plus does not see the switches, only the signal that comes from the Hopper. So I would think nothing wrong with them.

If you were in an app and it rebooted, chances are that app used too much memory and caused it to reboot. Unfortunately with Android apps, it happens.

I was watching the Beach Boys special on Disney + last week on my Sony X90J on the Disney+ app on the TV (Not the Hopper Plus) as I get Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision from the TV App but don't through the Dish Hopper PLus... Anyways about 10 minutes left to the special and it caused my TV to reboot.
Thanks Scott. It has done a self re-boot while watching live TV & a recording too.

Did they replaced the Hopper Plus or is it the power supply as I thought it was the later?

New Hopper 3 & Sony XBR-Z9D

Joey 4 w/o Hopper