Just wanted to run my setup by y'all before I purchase...

rbmcmurt

Original poster
Sep 21, 2009
Mississippi
Hi guys,

I'm looking to purchase some equipment for my tailgating setup up this week. I'm in law school at Ole Miss, so will be setting up in Oxford, MS. I am hoping to get hi-defs for ESPN, ESPN 2, etc, and am hoping to have the standard def locals for the Jackson, MS market. I realize that I will not be able to get my Jackson, MS hi-def locals, both because I think I'm out of the spot beam, and because they are at 61.5 and would require me to adjust the antenna. As best as I can tell, the hi-defs I care about are at 110, and 129. The standard defs for me are at 110. So, with that in mind, I am planning on purchasing the following:

VIP 211K receiver
Dish 1000.2 dish
Winegard TR-3500 tripod antenna mount

It appears as though I should just be able to run a single cable from the dish to the reciever. Am I right in this assumption?

Any suggestions? Should this setup work for me? Do I need to buy something else?

Thanks for any responses guys. They are much appreciated.

-Ben

How many tailgate setups have you done? Your concept is good but reality is often different. You need practice setting it up multiple time so it becomes easier.

Your setup will work fine. 1000.2 dish, line right from dish to receiver, check switch, good to go. I would suggest you practice first on tuning the dish to get the hang of it. People always suggest covering the 2 outside LNBs while tuning. Good luck

Move from EA 1000.4 dish to 110/119/129

DISH No FSN HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)