Which hub for Hopper 3 Joey Setup

bobvick

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Northwest Alabama
Hope this isn't a redundant question. I have a Dish install scheduled for Saturday. I am coming back after about 4 years. I wanted to have as much ready for the installer as possible to make it fast and easy. I have several Hybrid hubs, I wanted to see, will a Solo hub work to put in for the H3 and just two Joey 4s, that is what they are supposed to bring. I am sure this has been asked before, please forgive me not searching. I just hoped someone could refresh my memory and give me a fast answer. Any help will be appreciated.

That should be exactly what you need to connect Joeys with coax. But likely the installer would be bringing one of those anyway.

You can connect a Joey directly to each of its two client ports, or use splitters. Depending on if you already have coax in the walls and how it is laid out, or he has to run new to the other rooms.

Here's a diagram, more complex than what you're getting. The orange bit is the Hybrid Solo Hub and as you can see depending on your wiring needs there are several different ways to attach two Joeys.

full-7-856-hopper_3_plus_6_joey-1024x647.jpg

That should be exactly what you need to connect Joeys with coax. But likely the installer would be bringing one of those anyway.

You can connect a Joey directly to each of its two client ports, or use splitters. Depending on if you already have coax in the walls and how it is laid out, or he has to run new to the other rooms.

Here's a diagram, more complex than what you're getting. The orange bit is the Hybrid Solo Hub and as you can see depending on your wiring needs there are several different ways to attach two Joeys.

full-7-856-hopper_3_plus_6_joey-1024x647.jpg
Answered my question, thank you, I like to have it ready if I can. Thanks again

Dish 4K Event Listings (No Discussion)

OTA Adapter Questions