I hope H378 cures my audio dropouts.

Josh.M and brittanygarden - Just wanted to report as a update to the earlier post for H378 - I hope H378 cures my audio dropouts.
That despite the nightly reboots, the Available Joey Software is not showing the Hopper Plus software on the Diagnostics screen and ofcourse the Software Update on the Hopper Plus menu reports Failed, no target so there is no way to know what the current software version is for the Hopper Plus software and/or even update it as that is completely broken in H378... H376 had the problem but the nightly reboot fixed it. I already tried power cord pull and red button reset as well as two nightly update reboots.
Same here

oh I am positive they throttle connections, but it it 5mbps something is wrong, I have check last few days there streaming channels but the on demand and "speed" test on h3 show it as 103mbps well it did few days ago.

The audio drops are there on satellite channels just no where as bad, but sadly the re appearance of the "live tv" skip/jumps on joey and joey only are getting on my nerves, it was just fixed and then the 376 came along and it was back and once again rewinding to same spot show it fine, so what ever they did to fixed before has been undone

Reactions: charlesrshell
oh I am positive they throttle connections, but it it 5mbps something is wrong, I have check last few days there streaming channels but the on demand and "speed" test on h3 show it as 103mbps well it did few days ago.

The audio drops are there on satellite channels just no where as bad, but sadly the re appearance of the "live tv" skip/jumps on joey and joey only are getting on my nerves, it was just fixed and then the 376 came along and it was back and once again rewinding to same spot show it fine, so what ever they did to fixed before has been undone
The throttling part is only when they send the feed from their side. Hard to say where it connects to for the actual speed test which might or might not have anything to do with the actual real use of streaming as it can be connecting to two different places. I wonder if DISH uses CDN providers at all for the distribution of content. You are right that trick play has a serious lagging problem with H376 and H378.

BTW one of hopper3 has h379 and other still has h376 box I on is h376 and I have no interest in forcing update, it might break more things they were not re broke by the last one

I am on H379 and it has the same problems with H378 which I was hoping H379 would fix, it breaks software updating for Android TV devices like the Joey 4, Wireless Joey 4 and the Hopper Plus. The other issue is 120GB free is treated as 100% fully used capacity on the HDD on the Hopper 3 which has existed since H376 if not earlier.

Local station broadcast issue Wed. 7/17 continuing?

Can't delete VOD movies on my Dish Network Hopper 3