I want to scream

On a side note, all the remotes have a "Code Search" feature in which you can find the code for any device automatically. For your remote which I beleive is the one called "DVR" on the list with all the pictures here is how you do that:

1. Turn on the device.
2. Press and hold SELECT and the appropriate mode key (CBL, TV, VCR, or AUX) until the mode keys blink twice. For example, to search for a TV code, press and hold SELECT and TV at the same time.
3. Enter the code 991 slowly. The mode key you selected in step 2 blinks twice.
4. Point the remote toward the device, and press PLAY. The remote automatically tests each code in its library, beginning with the most common codes. The mode key blinks once each time the remote transmits a new code. The mode key blinks twice when it reaches the last code.
5. As soon as the device powers off, press SELECT.
6. Verify the new code is correct by pressing POWER. If the device powers on again, press SELECT to lock in the code. If the device does not power on, perform the following steps:
1. Turn the device on.
2. Press CH+ or CH- to step forward or backward one code at a time.
3. When the device turns off, press SELECT to assign the code.

When you search the code library, you need to be ready to press SELECT as soon as the device turns off, but before the remote attempts to test the next code. Therefore, make sure you are familiar with the location of the SELECT key before you begin this procedure.

OK, I did that. It stepped through all the codes but the receiver never turned off.

So I went back through the steps listed in my previous message. They resulted in the same thing of course. Had to do something different, so I tried the "Select OTHER Device brand" box (rather than "Select Audio Device brand"--even though a receiver is certainly an audio device), picked Onkyo in that box and clicked Get Code.

Well, lo and behold, the page that appears has my remote on it and codes [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans Serif]2201, 2214, 2409, 2425. I tried 2201 first, and it worked! Cable remote now controls volume on the receiver. The key was to look up Onkyo as an "OTHER" device rather than as an "AUDIO" device. Go figure. Pure luck I found it, but when luck works out, take it! Problem finally solved.

As a point of interest, even though it controls the volume and, nicely, channel key moves the receiver up/down thru the memory-stored stations, but the power button does not turn the receiver on/off. But that is a minor inconvenience--mainly I wanted the volume control on the cable remote, and now it does that.
[/FONT]

I think the issue is the remote you have the AT8400 model does not have the "audio" button on it, that is only on the Atlas 10* models. What I did was click on "Other Devices" Which would be the "aux" button on your remote and then choose Onyko and it will bring up the codes for your remote. I can see where its a bit confusing, perhaps they should have the system remove that section based on the remote you choose, but I think they have just one "main" page for remote codes. They should clarify it a bit more to make it easier to see the exact codes. The "Other Device Brand" Should perhaps read "AUX Device" So you know which button to line it up with..

Id highly recommend going to the office or having a tech come out to see if you can get one of the new Atlas remotes, they have a little more options when programming them to extra devices. Its not a gurantee they will have one for you but its worth a shot.

:up

Steven, I apologize. When I came back home and went to the site, your 0511EDT post was at the top of the screen (I am set to show latest-first) and that is the one I read--then went directly to try what you posted in that one. I did not realize you had posted two in a row...had not scrolled down so didn't see the one just before it. Sorry.

So it was luck on my part, but did not need to have been.

Intelsat/Pegasus BSS?

Switch from Cable to Dish ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts