History Channel becoming more annoying?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
How ironic is it that all day long they are running "Swamp People" ??

Six months of zero rain and now we have more than we need!

Attachments

• IMG_4409.resized.JPG
    IMG_4409.resized.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 173
well now with "states" and "Larry" done for the season I dont have to worry about the walk on people much...I dont see it on Pawn Stars usually so thats good

How ironic is it that all day long they are running "Swamp People" ??

Six months of zero rain and now we have more than we need!

Looks like my yard after a day with 3 inches or more of rain. That's why I have PortaBUD up on blocks ;) ...

By the way, Dee, you have quite the dish farm growing over there! :eek:

Looks like my yard after a day with 3 inches or more of rain. That's why I have PortaBUD up on blocks ;) ...

By the way, Dee, you have quite the dish farm growing over there! :eek:

Thanks.. :)
And believe it or not, I may be adding to it before long. We shall see.. ;)

I have 7 dishes, currently. That may be changing soon, I ~may~ be getting more. But until it's a done deal, it ain't a done deal so I'm not counting chickens just yet.
But I have 5 ku and 2 C dishes. One of the ku dishes is on a motor however the motor doesn't seem to work with my pc tuner but I'm not too worried about that at the moment, I just parked it at 83 for now. But depending on what happens in the coming days or weeks, I may be taking down ALL the ku dishes and changing everything all up again.

The poles for them seem to be randomly placed and at random heights, I can not see any logical pattern to how they are placed in the yard and it's just stupid. Most of them were placed by my ex and I think he must have used beer and lawn darts to determine their locations. I would like to pull them all up and arrange them in straight line all at a height that makes working on them easier for my old bones.

But until I see how things turn out on my potential acquisition of more dishes I'm leaving things alone.

:)

Dee, like you rock, don't cha?!? I LOVE THAT DISH FARM !!! Had no idea.

I totally love rock.. But only the oldies.
hippie.gif
60's, 70's and a little of the 80's. I don't like anything from the 90's or newer though.

This is my favorite radio station, I leave it on in the kitchen and car since I can't watch TV in the kitchen anymore. :(

:music: Radio Player

:)

Man, this is really annoying now.

History does something weird, I think it's at 10pm CST every night, they extend whatever shows to run one hour and one minute and then for the rest of the night everything is offset by one minute, the next show runs 60 minutes but starts at 11:01 and ends at 12:01, etc. all the rest of the night.

BUT, at 3pm they drop the hatchet on whatever is running and pop in those STUPID exercise infomercials! Thus cutting off that last minute of whatever was running from 2:01.

NOW, they are getting even more scuzzy by dropping the hatchet at 2:59am, chopping off the last two minutes of what was on! SCUMS!!!! :mad:

Often times I will watch other shows on other channels in the earlier times then jump over to History during the dead zone where from 1am to 3am there is stupid war BS on, 12 oclock High and Combat. I can't stand that stuff and there is rarely anything on TV during that time frame.

I don't know if it's the History Channel themselves pulling this monkey biz or if it's the Hotel Network but that's pretty cheesy and low down of them to chop 2 minutes off a show like that. What's next? Chop off 5 minutes? Then 30? Come on!!

It's not like we don't get bombarded with the BS enough already all day and night!

:mad:

Just think, most people are actually paying for that... and TVLand (InfomercialLand), and MTV (should be MMMTV, or Miss My Music TV), and the list goes on.

We are so lucky to be involved in FTA!

Its History doing it. It happens on Dish with some of my timers that occasionally record the late repeat due to conflicts with other timers or me skipping the timer to watch something else. Been going on for a while now.

Ah.. I wasn't sure who the culprit was there. I wish they weren't so money hungry that they feel the need to so seriously intrude into program content like that. The whole problem hinges on that 10pm thing where they stretch that hour to 1:01

Very annoying..... :mad:

Oh well..

Discovered that little event for myself a few days ago, trying to record something I missed earlier in the evening, but lost the last minute or 2 of the show when their computers cut it off -instant-switching to those evil infomercials. I know now not to try recording after midnight any more if I want the entire 46minutes worth of their "hour".

Sounds like I'm not missing much only having the Family Pak right now. :p

Just getting to miss getting PO'd. lol.

It could be a Nielsen ratings trick. If you have a popular show extend it by a few minutes into the next hour. the high ratings of the first show spills over into the first segment of the (usually weaker) second show, artificially skewing the second show's ratings and ad rates

USA did(still does?) it with wrestling

Status
Please reply by conversation.

co-rotor2+ with g-box

How often should you lube your Jack

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)