History Channel becoming more annoying?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I must be alone here, but I watch the history channel as much as anything and really enjoy almost all the programming. Seems like pawn stars and American pickers have hit on pretty unique ways to teach history that is entertaining and enjoyable, at least for some. The commercials, well that is a different story.

I must be alone here, but I watch the history channel as much as anything and really enjoy almost all the programming. Seems like pawn stars and American pickers have hit on pretty unique ways to teach history that is entertaining and enjoyable, at least for some. The commercials, well that is a different story.

Not alone. I like much of the stuff on the History Channel too. I don't like the war stuff and am very glad that they run very little of that anymore. When they do, I change channels. The UFO and bigfoot stuff is just stupid as stupid can be, as is all the doomsday and Nostradamus BS. That stuff has no rightful place at all on any channel other than the "Kooks and Konspiracy Channel" (they need one!)...

But Pawn Stars, American Pickers, American Restoration and even Larry the Cable Guy, I find them to be pretty good shows. They should probably rename the channel to, "The Learning Channel" ??? :D

It is what it is now.. It provides me with entertainment and I do learn a little here and there. And it's free. The stupid stuff is annoying as are the commercials but that's what the channel up/down buttons are for.

It beats the heck out of "The Old Man on the Beach Channel"... ;)

At least they aren't running those disgusting commercials like MeTV does late night, for, um, male products and "herpes cures"
doh.gif

I bought one of those shake weights but never wound up with big mussels and a shaved chest. ;)

I personally just feel lucky that this channel and others are still "In The Clear". When I get tired of seeing the infomercials or the blips and blurbs of commercialization, I have 1 terrabyte of movies to watch! Commercial free! LOL :)

RADAR

Not alone. I like much of the stuff on the History Channel too. I don't like the war stuff and am very glad that they run very little of that anymore. When they do, I change channels. The UFO and bigfoot stuff is just stupid as stupid can be, as is all the doomsday and Nostradamus BS. That stuff has no rightful place at all on any channel other than the "Kooks and Konspiracy Channel" (they need one!)...

But Pawn Stars, American Pickers, American Restoration and even Larry the Cable Guy, I find them to be pretty good shows. They should probably rename the channel to, "The Learning Channel" ??? :D

It is what it is now.. It provides me with entertainment and I do learn a little here and there. And it's free. The stupid stuff is annoying as are the commercials but that's what the channel up/down buttons are for.

It beats the heck out of "The Old Man on the Beach Channel"... ;)

Dee,

I do agree with you on a lot of this... Except for the WAR stuff. I know that you do not like it, but I feel that it is important that it is offered and I wish that they would show more. Not because I like violence, but if we do not learn about it (the past and the history of war), we may be destined to repeat it. I certainly don't wish that. I am sure that you agree with my ideal, even if you don't like the war stories.

RADAR

P.S. Only in America with Larry the Cable Guy (another Nebraskan) is the best! He's just so great and funny!

whats happens today is history tomorrow. i love swamp people and axe men. actually i like most of the history programming except ice road truckers. since i myself have my truck liscence and have driven on the canadian oil patch (sometimes in the canadian rocky mountains). i think those drivers are a bunch of hollywooded whiners. talk about dramatization. living around ice roads i know they dont let you out unless the ice is safe and you only break through if your a throttle hungry donkey. as with any road most accidents are caused by driver fatigue. when i was on the patch 48 hour days were common even though they were highly illegal. truth is of all the fta i miss fuel tv the most. cant even sub to it up here anymore. come on fox and open er up again. please.

crackt out,.

it's cheaper/easier to crank out 20 shows where a cameraman and soundguy follow (insert profession here) and coach them with scripted dialogue and fake drama than create 1 well researched, narrated, easily accessible history show

I can't stand the commericals on History either. They also moved anything history over to HI channel. My opinion is that if it has nothing to do with history why show it on the history channel.

Dan Rose

TV Shows that belong on a another channel not history. Top Gear USA, UFO hunters, Monster Quest, Ice Road Truckers, Ax Men.

TV shows that belong on history. American Restoration, How the states got thier shapes, Dogfights, WWII, Larry cable guy Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson.

It's (across all channels) so annoying to the point, I just wont watch it. I mean, I don't need a countdown clock saying in 3 hrs something is premering, taking up a large portion of the screen. Discovery is doing it too, everyone is - its driving me insane.

It looks like my LNB just went belly up, the signal level is down to 30 or less, and the quality down to zero. This LNB is fairly new and never before had a low level indication. Will trouble shoot tomorrow by reinstalling the GEOSATpro CK1. Well when it rains it poors. Will report my findings tomorrow.

I agree!!!! It is really annoying when they add sound to those stupid things. Sometimes I think, we might be better off with government/state tv. I also dislike it when they run the same 15 sec spot 2 times in a row. I know the sponsor paid to do it, but it still is annoying as all get out. I told my wife this evening that I would never buy anything from an ad that feels they have to scream at me to get their point across. Ice, whatever happened to the Magnavox that muted when commercials came on????? Also, 95 % of the stations have their commercials at exactly the same time, so it makes channel swimming pointless.. El_Viejo

I stumbled across this this morning, I thought you guys might get a chuckle out of it too.. :)

Attachments

• SmnXQ.jpg
    SmnXQ.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 158
and that poster you could substitute something like it for
Game Show Network (we use to show old game shows but now its easier to show crappy shows we make for 50 cents an hour)
TV Land (we use to show old TV shows but now apparently showing 5 year old shows is considered "classic")
:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

co-rotor2+ with g-box

How often should you lube your Jack

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)