Having trouble ordering a PPV online and on the tele…

EastEnders

Original poster
Feb 27, 2005
Hello, I have been trying to order a PPV movie online (and through the PPV automated service and through a CSR) but can’t, and the customer service people I have spoke to are not helping me.

I am trying to order EastEnders March package online – but can’t because the link is not there?!? I called the Dish PPV number and the automated voice tells me to input the channel number, but if I do that it will only order *one* episode and not the whole month’s worth (I made that mistake before)…

So I called and spoke to a CSR and she told me that there is nothing wrong with their web site and I should try again… I tried to explain to her that I can not order online, but she didn’t seem to care, and she told me to just order with my remote. I then told her that if I do that it will only order ONE episode and I will actually be paying more if I buy each episode, (for $3.95) in stead of ordering all the months episodes for $9.95…
It didn’t get through

I then called back and spoke to another woman who said that EastEnders isn’t even on their computer system… She has no clue!

The only reason I want to order this is for my Nan who is living with us now, (she is English and loves her English soaps)…

Anyway the channel number is 461, and EastEnders is shown even Sunday from 9-11pm EST, and it is on all day on Thursdays…

I have had trouble ordering this since last July, and I am at my wits END… If anyone out there can help me I would be ever so happy (and my Nana would be even happier)

Thank you

EastEnders said:
Hello, I have been trying to order a PPV movie online (and through the PPV automated service and through a CSR) but can’t, and the customer service people I have spoke to are not helping me.

I am trying to order EastEnders March package online – but can’t because the link is not there?!? I called the Dish PPV number and the automated voice tells me to input the channel number, but if I do that it will only order *one* episode and not the whole month’s worth (I made that mistake before)…

So I called and spoke to a CSR and she told me that there is nothing wrong with their web site and I should try again… I tried to explain to her that I can not order online, but she didn’t seem to care, and she told me to just order with my remote. I then told her that if I do that it will only order ONE episode and I will actually be paying more if I buy each episode, (for $3.95) in stead of ordering all the months episodes for $9.95…
It didn’t get through

I then called back and spoke to another woman who said that EastEnders isn’t even on their computer system… She has no clue!

The only reason I want to order this is for my Nan who is living with us now, (she is English and loves her English soaps)…

Anyway the channel number is 461, and EastEnders is shown even Sunday from 9-11pm EST, and it is on all day on Thursdays…

I have had trouble ordering this since last July, and I am at my wits END… If anyone out there can help me I would be ever so happy (and my Nana would be even happier)

Thank you

Welcome to SatelliteGuys! :wave

Click here and scroll all the way to the bottom. It's the fifth "ORDER" button from the bottom.

Yes, I was already there, and if you click on the March package, the ORDER button is not there – take a look and you’ll see…

EastEnders said:
Yes, I was already there, and if you click on the March package, the ORDER button is not there – take a look and you’ll see…

The image itself is broken but the link is still there. It's still clickable. I'm not going to test the link since I don't want to actually order it. See the attached image and notice that my cursor is the clicking hand.

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 184
EastEnders said:
Oh - So even if I click on the broken image - it will still work?

You can try it and see. It should. The image has nothing to do with the underlying link.

Okay, I tired to order it and I imput my telephone number and code and everything - and when I click the broken order button (get this) it opens an application!!! A box which says "Opening cgi_ppv5.exe" there is something dif WORNG and I know it's not my computer - give it a try - I promis it won't order it - - - it will open some application...

EastEnders said:
Okay, I tired to order it and I imput my telephone number and code and everything - and when I click the broken order button (get this) it opens an application!!! A box which says "Opening cgi_ppv5.exe" there is something dif WORNG and I know it's not my computer - give it a try - I promis it won't order it - - - it will open some application...

I pulled up the source code and all ORDER buttons are linked to cgi_ppv5.exe. Why don't you just order through the receiver? I just pulled up the episode for 3/6 and it's the full month at $9.95. It even saves you the extra $1 fee.

I would love to order through the reciver - but there is a problem, and maybe I am not seeing the answer. The last time I tried to order through the receiver it only ordered one episode. For instance I *could* order the episode for 3/6 and it would be just fine, (the repeat on 3/10 would show up just fine too) but it wouldn't order the rest of the March episdoes... I would have to do the same thing on 3/13 3/20 and 3/27 - @ 3.95 an episode that adds up - - - So maybe I am doing something wrong, but I don't think I am...?

EastEnders said:
I would love to order through the reciver - but there is a problem, and maybe I am not seeing the answer. The last time I tried to order through the receiver it only ordered one episode. For instance I *could* order the episode for 3/6 and it would be just fine, (the repeat on 3/10 would show up just fine too) but it wouldn't order the rest of the March episdoes... I would have to do the same thing on 3/13 3/20 and 3/27 - @ 3.95 an episode that adds up - - - So maybe I am doing something wrong, but I don't think I am...?

That would be the case if the guide was showing "$3.95" as the price. I just pulled it up and it shows $9.95 which is the full-month price.

Where exactly did you go to see that $9.95 price? I have a 322 and my guide only shows two days worth of programming??? Did you go to DIsh Home?? Tell me how you did it

EastEnders said:
Where exactly did you go to see that $9.95 price? I have a 322 and my guide only shows two days worth of programming??? Did you go to DIsh Home?? Tell me how you did it

Oh shoot. I completely forgot about that. I'm pulling it up my DVR which has a guide all the way out until Tuesday, March 8th. I'm scrolling ahead to March 6 and pulling up that evening's episode. It shows the price as $9.95. Easiest thing to do is just wait until next weekend when you get a guide that includes March 6 and order it then. Again, it saves you the $1 fee.

ok thanks:) One last question - does it give you two options? For instance does it show $3.95 and $9.95??? Or does it just show $9.95??? Thanks

EastEnders said:
ok thanks:) One last question - does it give you two options? For instance does it show $3.95 and $9.95??? Or does it just show $9.95??? Thanks

Just $9.95. Hope I helped. :)

help with 121(please)

Dish/942 vs. Charter/8300HD?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)