EchoStar/Dish raises doubts about 'ability to continue as a going concern'

The reason that Red Lobster went bankrupt was because of their Endless Shrimp promotions. As long as Charlie doesn't suddenly give out free shrimp or lobster to all subscribers, Dish will do fine.

Dish stock is up almost 50 percent in the last six months!
well after being with Charlie for all these years,one thing I can safely say,he isn't going to give much of anything away,let alone shrimp lol

well after being with Charlie for all these years,one thing I can safely say,he isn't going to give much of anything away,let alone shrimp lol
But with Red Lobster in bankruptcy, the option is there for Dish to absorb them like they did with Blockbuster. Fried shrimp and Dish supplied media just go hand in hand. ;)

And anyone that suggests Dish doesn't have the liquidity to absorb Red Lobster or that it is a different type of bankruptcy, I will drop an anvil on them.

But with Red Lobster in bankruptcy, the option is there for Dish to absorb them like they did with Blockbuster. Fried shrimp and Dish supplied media just go hand in hand. ;)

And anyone that suggests Dish doesn't have the liquidity to absorb Red Lobster or that it is a different type of bankruptcy, I will drop an anvil on them.
That's hilarious lol

Reactions: charlesrshell
That's not why, venture capitalists came in and sold all their assets off to a holding company they controlled and leased it back to Red Lobster. If they go bankrupt they don't care, they still hold all the assets.
GD vulture capitalists! There ought to be a law...

GD vulture capitalists! There ought to be a law...
Them too?! Yeah, there should be laws against leveraged purchases of companies. They used Red Lobster assets to help them pay for Red Lobster, which then made the cost of business notably higher for Red Lobster stores.

It is bad enough that private equity is buying up America. But at least some of them are using cash. The highly leveraged purchases and abuse of Dunkin Donuts, Toys R Us, Red Lobster, etc... it is like the movie Wall Street all over again.

A little news-

The one thing I noticed-

Hughes’ board of directors also made two dividend payments totaling more than $1 billion to parent EchoStar in the first-quarter, regulatory filings show.

But even after that, plus all the revenue it took in during that quarter, still only had 766 Million left in cash at the end of the first quarter.

Then this-

at the end of March 2024, EchoStar had US$21.7b of debt, up from US$1.50b a year ago. Click the image for more detail. On the flip side, it has US$766.4m in cash leading to net debt of about US$20.9b.

According to the last reported balance sheet, EchoStar had liabilities of US$7.00b due within 12 months, and liabilities of US$28.7b due beyond 12 months. Offsetting these obligations, it had cash of US$766.4m as well as receivables valued at US$1.02b due within 12 months. So it has liabilities totalling US$33.9b more than its cash and near-term receivables, combined.

IMG_1344.png

Last edited:

Catch 22 / Continued problems with Wally/Playmaker

Hopper - Google Nest Doorbell - No Image Notification