Cannot change channel - Bug or Feature?

normen

Original poster
Dec 14, 2004
Oakland, CA
I just had a somewhat bizarre experience. I had set a Dish Pass on "The Twilight Zone', and there happen to be back-to-back episodes almost every night. The first episode was being recorded fine by tuner 2. So far so good. During this recording I was watching a different channel on tuner 1. A minute before the second episode started, tuner 1 tuned into the Twilight Zone channel. Still good. Now it is getting weird though. After tuner 2 was done recording 3 minutes after the end of the first episode (mind you, now only tuner 1 is recording), I was not able to change the channel on tuner 2. No matter what tuner I try to change the channel on, I am always prompted that I would have to abort recording in order to proceed.
Shouldn't I be able to do this? Has anyone had a similar experience? Is this a bug?
The software version is L231 using the 522 in single mode.

I had this same experience with older versions of the software. It appeared to be recording (red light was on and DVR timer showed correct show was being taped), but after I stopped the timer and reviewed the show, it was the wrong one.

Question about the 522...

Could it be??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)