Satellite or Receiver?

UPDATE: Think I fixed it....started troubleshooting....cable first. Ran Cable direct to receiver instead of through the RV hookup. It worked! I can change channels as I did before with no issues. Unfortunately the problem is internal to the RV. I cannot get to any of the cable so now have to run cable through a window to the receiver. At least it seems to be fixed!! Thanks all.....
When we got our last camper 10yrs ago I had trouble with the same thing..I found all of the connections for the satellite and antenna were loose..They just screw the connections on and not tightly. On the outside I remove the 3 screws on each input (sat1,sat2 and cable/antenna) and tighten them slightly with a wrench..then go inside at each wall-plate where outputs are and remove them, tighten each one..Pulled the one where the booster is and tighten all of the connections there..This yr we started having problems with the OTA and ended up finding that the cable going from the booster to the antenna had a cheap female to female connector loose..

I almost asked about how it was connected since it wasn't mentioned in original post. But just assumed you were direct connection lol. Everyone in the rv business will always say the cable jacks are satellite ready but they are definitely not. They go through a splitter which screws the signal up. If you find the cable jack that also has the power socket (us older ppl still call it the cigarette lighter lol), then you can open that up. If you are able to determine which cable goes to the outside and the one to the receiver location then you can join those together preferably with a barrel that has a blue center.
My RV connection has worked fine for 4 yrs! I am thinking a connector that I just can't get to (at the moment) has come loose from all the traveling.
I just have to go underneath the RV, inside the enclosed underbelly and trace the cable.

When we got our last camper 10yrs ago I had trouble with the same thing..I found all of the connections for the satellite and antenna were loose..They just screw the connections on and not tightly. On the outside I remove the 3 screws on each input (sat1,sat2 and cable/antenna) and tighten them slightly with a wrench..then go inside at each wall-plate where outputs are and remove them, tighten each one..Pulled the one where the booster is and tighten all of the connections there..This yr we started having problems with the OTA and ended up finding that the cable going from the booster to the antenna had a cheap female to female connector loose..
Yup, that's what I think is the problem, a loose connector. Unfortunately mine are not easy to get to.

Reactions: charlesrshell
With a previous RV, I drilled a hole in the side and installed a device with female connections on both sides of the wall. Sold for that specific purpose. Never had a problem. Until a tree limb crashed thru the roof over the shower.

Telephone Line Required???

Having to reboot all the time due to black screen recordings