Cancellation under new lease deal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mthom

Original poster
Jul 5, 2005
My brother-in-law is looking into DirecTV. I'm an old time customer and own all of my equipment. What I'm confused on is what are the penaties for cancellation under the new lease deal.

Do you have to pay the $300 cancellation fee AND return the "leased" equipment?

Does the $300 cancellation fee get reduced by either fulfilling part of the 1 or 2-yr committment or returning equipment?

and you NEVER own the equipment? Even if you fulfill the programming committment.

Under the lease program if you have an advanced box under the account the cancellation fee will be upto 300.00 pro-rated over 24 months. If you only have SD receivers under the account the cancellation fee will be upto 150.00 pro-rated over 12 months. All these pro-rated fees are per account and "not per box".

You must still return all leased hardware back to DirecTV under the lease plan and even if you completed the one or two year agreement you must still send the hardware back within 30 days after you cancel to avoid charges under their return of hardware policy.

If you fail to return the hardware back to DirecTv within 30 days of the cancellation of your service you must pay these per box fees below. Note these fees are per box and not per account.

SD box is 55.00.
SD DVR is 200.00.
HD box is 240.00.
HD DVR is 470.00.

If you cancel before the two years is up "and" fail to return the hardware you must pay these per box charges in addition to the above pro-rated per account charges.

If you cancel after the first two years "and" fail to return the hardware you must only pay the per box fees above under the hardware return policy.

If you cancel after the first two years "and" return the hardware you won't have to pay anything.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

2 sattelite dishes 1 switch poor picture, perfect signal?

Force A Dial Out?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)